DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2017 - MAY

RIPPA

The Mets, MLB's gift that keeps on giving, suspended Matt Harvey yesterday for 3 games for missing the game on Saturday. He says he had a migraine (after he played a round of golf) and there were 'communication issues.'

He's filed an appeal with the union.  Notable is that he missed his scheduled start today and Adam Wilk, who got called up from AAA yesterday made the start.  

Result: Giancarlo Stanton's first two at bats resulted in 2 HR's that have settled into orbit somewhere around Alpha Centauri. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

Smartass Wrigley organist plays "Tomorrow" after midnight central time hits. 

I watched all 18 innings. It's very fitting Starlin Castro drove in the winning run. It's time for bed.

Send him to the Brewers AAA team. Anyone can hit in that place, it's in Colorado Springs. I'ms ure he'd break the .200 barrier.

42 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

2/3 of the Earth is covered by water, the other third is covered by Kevin Pillar.

tXWZxMO.gif

Mother of god...

My browser is a couple of seconds slow, so I missed the first couple of seconds and for a moment wondered why someone was posting a 1990s Ken Griffey .gif in the 2017 folder, then I recognized the stadium and uniform. God damn, that was as fine a catch as I've ever seen and I've seen both Mays and Griffey play. (Mays in his twilight, granted, but when I was a little kid he was still awesome.) 

I'm waiting for this bubble to burst. The Brewers pitching staff has had only 9 quality starts, tied for worst in the league and have the worst BAA at .269, but are somehow 16-16. That can't last. Our WHIP is 2nd to last too, but our ERA is right in the middle. Our sporadic offensive outbursts are the only thing making this team win any games.

Their old GM seems to be slowly turning my crapfest into a presentable team, now if only we could dump Braun's injury riddled corpse and find some reliable pitching.

24 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Their old GM seems to be slowly turning my crapfest into a presentable team, now if only we could dump Braun's injury riddled corpse and find some reliable pitching.

You are going to have to settle for Braun being on the DL for now

• Like 1

We will likely end up having him for the remainder of his deal as he slowly morphs into a DH they force to play left field.

Nats and Bryce Harper agree to a one year extension for 2018

Basically buying out his last arbitration year

He will now make $21.625 million next year but will still be a FA after the end of the 18 season (assuming this isn't a sign that a long term deal is close)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Aroldis Chapman to the DL with inflammation of his left rotator cuff

This is fine...

Totally fine...

I'm a Mets fan so I'll be over here playing the world's smallest violin.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Aroldis Chapman to the DL with inflammation of his left rotator cuff

This is fine...

Totally fine...

Betances as the closer scares me. Hopefully, Chapman is only out the minimum 10 days. 

I'm headed to Yankee Stadium for today's doubleheader and Derek Jeter's number retirement and monument unveiling. 

41 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Betances as the closer scares me. Hopefully, Chapman is only out the minimum 10 days. 

Reports at the moment say a month