DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2017 - MAY

RIPPA

The Daily News is reporting that the Mets have told Terry Collins that he needs to stop talking about the team's injuries (or more specifically the timeline for player's returns)

Everything is fine folks!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Think I read the other day Collins is now the Mets longest serving skipper. 

Yup - in terms of games managed he passed Davey Johnson I guess this past weekend (Davey had 1012 and Collins is beyond that)

He, Davey and Bobby Valentine all got past 1000 games. Davey and Bobby never got an 8th season. I am thinking Terry won't be either

Jon Morosi is reporting that the Tigers will fire-sale if they are still under .500 come the end of June

ALL VETERANS MUST GO~!

Which means none of them will

I am sure the Mets will eagerly acquire Justin Upton's $22 million a year for the next 4

And to be fair - Miggy only has FIVE more years after this year

If Miggy cared at all about being in shape, five more years would be awesome. But he doesn't. And eventually that 30 (at least) extra he carries is going to catch up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, elizium said:

It's okay though, because Verlander says he is aiming for 300 wins. (Note: he is 34 and hasn't hit 200 yet)

If he can go to 42-43 he can probably make it, but that's a big IF, right?

30 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

If he can go to 42-43 he can probably make it, but that's a big IF, right?

Yeah, I would say so. He needs 123 to get there, meaning that if he goes until he's 42 he needs to average 15 W's a year. To this point in his career his 162 game average is 17, so I wouldn't put it past him being able to do it, but it's a motherfucker of a longshot. I don't see the Tigers being able to deal him all that easily, he's owed a whole bunch of money through 2019 with an option for 2020 that is guaranteed with a top 5 Cy Young finish in the 19 season. 

As an additional note, I'm watching MIN - TB and good lord do these green unis look fucking terrible. The need to modify a uniform on like 6 different occasions throughout the year just screams "money grab" to me, I get that the league wants to sell more jerseys, but come on man. I thought the original Stars & Stripes caps were a nice touch, because they were a very minimal change, just a navy cap with a logo filled with the stars and stripes. All this extra shit feels hella cheap to me.

Edited by grilledcheese

1 hour ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I'm taking my six and a half year old nephew to the Rockies game tonight. He's super excited and I'm just praying it doesn't get rained out.

I'd really like for you boys to have a nice time, but I need COL to start to be the Rockies I know and love and get the fuck out of 1st place. Even if that means I have to hope for STL to come out on top, as skeevy as that makes me feel.

• Like 1

It was so fucking awesome. He was figuring out what the abbreviations on the scoreboard meant, he was super into chanting  "Let's Go Rockies ", and in the bottom of the 8th Rockies were down 3-0 and had the bases loaded with two outs and a man at bat. The place was exploding and he was completely engulfed in the energy , cheering like crazy. And then the batter grounded out and my nephew learned what baseball is all about. 

And this kid, who lives in a nice small town, has no fear of big crowds, walking through the city at night through traffic, or any other people. He was skipping through the dark walk back to the side street dump of a lot we parked in. :)

• Like 2