DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2017 - MAY

RIPPA

41 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Reports at the moment say a month

I'm stashing him in the fantasy team I have him. My one complaint about CBS leagues is they don't give you a DL spot, so now I'm essentially playing with a 20 man roster. I picked up Minnesota's closer, Brandon Kintzler, 10 saves 2.12 ERA in 16 appearances.

So roughly 7 weeks in the Nats already have a 9 game lead and the Astros have an 8 game lead

Following teams are at least 10 games back

• Mariners
  • As
  • Phillies
  • Marlins
  • Padres

And everyone is crippled

But hey SECOND WILD CARD CHASE!!!!

Fuck the Toronto Blue Jays. After hitting 7 Braves with pitches in the last 3 games, they get testy when one of theres gets plunked. Then, after Freddie Freeman has to leave the game after being hit in the left wrist, Jose Bautista tries to start some shit by flipping his bat on a HR down by 5. Classless. Fuck him. I guess he needs another ass beating.

• Like 1

Freeman's initial x-ray was inconclusive so he is going for a MRI and CT Scan

Per Jon Heyman - the Braves are already discussion replacements including ones outside of the organization so clearly they think he is going to be out for a bit

Yep. Damn shame, too. Was blossoming this year into a top 5 hitter. I bet they sign James Loney. Cheap option w decent on base skills that doesn't block anyone.

15 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Reading about it, I'm surprised the Braves didn't shave(or try to) a couple of Blue Jays with fastballs that game. . . .

I guess hitting Bautista and him taking it without complaint put out the fire. 

How you gonna Rippa it like this son, how you gonna Rippa it like that son. For some reason I felt the need to post this for once.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It's okay - the Marlins and Dodgers picked up the "brawl" slack for last night

That was some weak ass shit on both sides, what with Eibner getting drilled after he and Bellinger went yard, then Stripling throws behind Stanton.

Stanton and MIA are laughing about it today, B6 and MIA is up 10-2 and Stanton has 3 2B. Straily had a no-no through 4.1 until Kiké Hernandez went deep. 

Edited by grilledcheese