DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2017 TV THREAD

RIPPA

15 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Never got my feet wet with GLOW, so help out a brother who's going to be pimping this trailer hard to people he thinks might enjoy it: How reality-based do we expect this to be? 

Regardless, it's Alison Brie in spandex and Marc Maron. I'm there. 

It looks like it's going to be loosely based on the real GLOW story. Check out the GLOW doc, it's really good. 

On 5/8/2017 at 2:18 PM, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Jennifer Morrison announced she won't be back for season 7 of Once Upon a Time, if ABC does renew it.

Based on ABC's released schedule - it did get renewed but it was moved to Friday at 8 PM

DISH just got BUZZR which is all old ass game shows and the first thing I see is Keenan Wynn and Cesar Romero and a team of incredible old dudes playing FAMILY FEUD against Dorothy LaMour, Golira DeHaven and a team of the most incredible old ladies.

Oh shit. Audrey Meadows just stole the shit out the board from Rory Calhoun.  SUCK HER BALLS< CALHOUN!!!!

This is amazing!

• Like 3

Oh God I just made a Vicki Lawrence/Carol Burnett joke about Alexa Bliss yesterday and now they're together on Password Plus!!!

The first password is "Oriental" because of course it is.

Here's what we have so far:

Slender

Oriental

Carol Burnett guesses Fu Manchu. Vicki Lawrence's guy is really obviously gay and Alan Ludden keeps ribbing him about how many girls he chases and he keeps rolling his eyes. This is fantastic.

Slender

Oriental

Pair

Vicki Lawrence makes a titty joke. It's great. Then Alan Ludden makes a titty joke and it's dead silence.

God, the 70s are amazing.

If you hadn't guessed, given that it's probably around 1978, the answer is "Chopsticks" because that and sushi are literally the only asian things anyone has ever heard of.

First clue:

Chop.

Gay guy guesses Sherry Lewis and everyone knows what that means. This is my world now.

Vicki gets the second clue and they touch each others face. She and he speak an innate language together. Alan Ludden is confused.

Chop

Giant.

It's not Jack and the Beanstalk.

He gets it with Paul Bunyon and the old lady with Carol takes off her tinted spectacles and wipes them down like Hans Gruber.

Carol Burnett then nails the next puzzle after one clue and Vicki Lawrence's guy does a pirouette offstage. Alan Ludden calls him an "athletic young man." and let's all the ladies know he's single "and looking."

Vicki Lawrence looks directly into the camera and speaks silently to those in the t.v. audience who are screaming inside with her.

25 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Oh God I just made a Vicki Lawrence/Carol Burnett joke about Alexa Bliss yesterday and now they're together on Password Plus!!!

The first password is "Oriental" because of course it is.

Here's what we have so far:

Slender

Oriental

Carol Burnett guesses Fu Manchu. Vicki Lawrence's guy is really obviously gay and Alan Ludden keeps ribbing him about how many girls he chases and he keeps rolling his eyes. This is fantastic.

Slender

Oriental

Pair

Vicki Lawrence makes a titty joke. It's great. Then Alan Ludden makes a titty joke and it's dead silence.

God, the 70s are amazing.

If you hadn't guessed, given that it's probably around 1978, the answer is "Chopsticks" because that and sushi are literally the only asian things anyone has ever heard of.

I would have guessed Pink Lady. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

I would have guessed Pink Lady. 

That may not have premiered yet when this aired. It would be pretty close.

Either way, Bless you for thinking like that. Since they were both on NBC no laws would have been breached.

7 minutes ago, piranesi said:

That may not have premiered yet when this aired. It would be pretty close.

Either way, Bless you for thinking like that. Since they were both on NBC no laws would have been breached.

• Like 1

Yeah - I just realized I get a bunch of channels like Buzzer and Comet but they are only in SD, thus why I never realized I got them

And will probably forget I do in like a week

Netflix is making a Witcher series

They made it very clear that it is based on the novels and stories not the video game (Not that the video games really followed the books either)

But at least Andrzej Sapkowski might get paid now

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Based on ABC's released schedule - it did get renewed but it was moved to Friday at 8 PM

Eh, cancellation might have been preferable.  

On the other hand. Fox has done reasonably well over the years with sci-fi and fantasy series, and the show already has a following, so....

I'm not too excited but I am curious to see what they do.  The rumor is that they're going to pare the cast down and do a fairly substantial reboot of the premise.  They almost have to, since Jennifer Morrison, Ginnifer Goodwin, and Josh Dallas are leaving.

Honestly, I thought Jennifer Morrison was the weakest part of the show's early seasons.  Really liked Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White, but they've had to de-emphasize her role the past several seasons to deal with her real-life pregnancies and what-not.  I'm not a uber-fan of the show and often go long stretches without watching regularly, but Lana Pariilla and Robert Carlyle on my tv 22 times a year is never going to be a bad thing.

I watched Arrested Development when it first came out years ago and didn't really 'get' some of the humour but ive burned through 2 seasons in a week and its probably my favourite comedy show.