DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2017 WRESTLING GIFS

I'd venture that Generico's Brainbustahh is safer to take than some people's standard Brainbusters, solely because of the short drop and that Generico had way more control of the person on the way down than someone doing a standard brainbuster, like say Hashimoto.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Matt D said:

76ZZ5j.gif

xGMMXr.gif

Sherri is legitimately a top 10-15 wrestling personalities for me.  Every time she's on the screen she steals the scene...that is saying something when she's around over the top, magnetic personalities like Flair and Savage.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

Sherri is massively underrated as a manager. Her name belongs in the conversation for a top 5 manager of all-time, IMO.

When this came up over the weekend, my five in no order were:

cornette, jimmy hart, gary hart, dillon, heenan

probably did not see enough in his prime Humperdink to judge him fairly. 

On that list, I would have her behind Heenan and Corny, way ahead of Gary Hart and JoJo Dillon, and I would have to think long and hard about her vs Jimmy Hart.

If Jimmy Hart's Memphis and Georgia runs were all that I need to consider, he wins, but his WWF and WCW runs as a manager didn't do much for me at all.

• Like 2

Sherri was a special case, as far as managers are concerned: guys like Heenan, Cornette, Hart (both of them), Heyman, Dillon, were men that did the talking for many of their charges and SOMETIMES got physically involved...while Sherri matched her charges word-for-word and sometimes did MORE WORK than her guys when they were wrestling. Some of her bumps were fucking ridiculous for anyone, male or female, to take.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

Sherri was a special case, as far as managers are concerned: guys like Heenan, Cornette, Hart (both of them), Heyman, Dillon, were men that did the talking for many of their charges and SOMETIMES got physically involved...while Sherri matched her charges word-for-word and sometimes did MORE WORK than her guys when they were wrestling. Some of her bumps were fucking ridiculous for anyone, male or female, to take.

Savage vs. Warrior from Wrestlemania VII is her magnum opus for me.  It is Warrior's best match, but he's clearly the 3rd most important person in the match.  That match isn't nearly as good if she's not out there.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I... have absolutely no memory of Kurt and Sherri together.  I don't even really remember Sherri appearing in WWE post-early 90's.

It was the setup to HBK/Kurt at WrestleMania, when Kurt was singing "Sexy Kurt," and had her out to sing backup...then ankle-locked her.

Sherri always brought so much to any match she was involved in - moreso than just being a mouthpiece or eye candy - so I can definitely see her in anyone's top 5. I don't think Shawn would've gotten over as much as he did initially if he didn't have Sherry in his corner, she brought an air of legitimacy and added so much to the HBK gimmick to get it up and running

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

Sherri always brought so much to any match she was involved in - moreso than just being a mouthpiece or eye candy - so I can definitely see her in anyone's top 5. I don't think Shawn would've gotten over as much as he did initially if he didn't have Sherry in his corner, she brought an air of legitimacy and added so much to the HBK gimmick to get it up and running

Plus Sherri kicked anyone's ass that tried to stiff Shawn the shooter.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And you all forgetting Harley Race as manager makes me sad

I liked Harley as a manager, but I don't think he managed long enough to be considered a top five manager. I would still rank him over Gary Hart though.

Now if he had led Mr. Hughes to some gold, I would have to change my mind. ;)

• Like 1