DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2017 WRESTLING GIFS

That chairshot really hurt my enjoyment of the match especially with Shibata's situation. I debated posting a gif of it because I don't want to glorify it but yeesh i thought people might want to see it and discuss this issue with NJPW and protecting their heads which should be a large concern

• Like 1

On 5/1/2017 at 11:49 AM, Marty Sugar said:

This is from a match I had on April 22; posting this for the discussion, re: Sheamus is dangerous because he knocked out Jeff Hardy's tooth. This is a simple cutoff where The Great Kasaki accidentally catches me in the back of the skull...and no lie, I saw stars and as you can see, hit the mat in a fucking heap...

giphy.gif

I then looked up at Kasaki and said, "can we go to the fucking finish?" Which we did. No heat: I knew it was an accident, and I firmly believe Sheamus' kick to Jeff was a similar accident. Shit happens: wrestling ain't ballet.

Is that Brett Como in the Black Dragon outfit?

8 hours ago, notoriusvig said:

Jesus Christ, they just did the Shibata thing and they still went through with this stuff.

7 hours ago, Sublime said:

That chairshot really hurt my enjoyment of the match especially with Shibata's situation. I debated posting a gif of it because I don't want to glorify it but yeesh i thought people might want to see it and discuss this issue with NJPW and protecting their heads which should be a large concern

This. I haven't watched the match and I probably won't.

11 minutes ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

Is that Idol or Valiant?

Looks like it might be Eddie Gilbert to me.  But it could be none of the above or all three; can't tell now because his face was burned off.  Schrodinger's burn victim, if you will.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

Is that Idol or Valiant?

What?  That's clearly Jerry Lawler.  You can see the crowns on his tights. ;)

• Like 2

It's in a video promoting Idol. The coolest thing in Memphis is when Lawler brings in a former opponent to be his partner and that's what's going on here in 1989. He needed Austin Idol to fight Shinya Hashimoto. 

4 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

What?  That's clearly Jerry Lawler.  You can see the crowns on his tights. ;)

It's Eddie Gilbert. You can see the flames on his tights...plus I've seen this match.