DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2017 WRESTLING PHOTOS THREAD

4 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I get annoyed at people wishing Regal would "do more" than NXT.  Regal's retired and in the latter stages, and he seems to genuinely enjoy his time in NXT working with the newbies.  What's wrong with that?

The one issue I have is that he never got a world title, unfortunately putting him at the top of the list of best wrestlers to never hold one. Greater then DiBiase, Perfect, and Valentine.

• Like 3

Just now, The Green Meanie said:

The one issue I have is that he never got a world title, unfortunately putting him at the top of the list of best wrestlers to never hold one. Greater then DiBiase, Perfect, and Valentine.

Being pedantic, but Curt Hennig was AWA World champion for over a year (back when it kinda still meant something).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I get annoyed at people wishing Regal would "do more" than NXT.  Regal's retired and in the latter stages, and he seems to genuinely enjoy his time in NXT working with the newbies.  What's wrong with that?

I don't know. I still want a podcast on caring for reptiles and obscure 60s British comedy figures.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

I don't know. I still want a podcast on caring for reptiles and obscure 60s British comedy figures.

I'm pretty sure we could just follow Regal with a camera and he'd be naturally entertaining enough to make it into a Network show.  Can't be any worse than Holy Foley.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I'm pretty sure we could just follow Regal with a camera and he'd be naturally entertaining enough to make it into a Network show.  Can't be any worse than Holy Foley.

People had floated an idea of "Regal and Bryan go around the world and watch indy wrestling/scout talent" as a Network show. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I get the feeling that Regal is pretty directly responsible for influencing Triple H's recent fondness for indy wrestlers.  I doubt the guy who went almost directly from wrestling school to WCW, and is such a size queen he wrote his own bodybuilding book, decided one day all on his own to start watching vanilla midgets doing flippy shit.  Regal's got Triple H's ear, so he's probably doing more than we know about.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

You can see how much love and respect Daniel Bryan and William Regal have for one another. I see William Regal inducting Daniel Bryan in the WWE Hall of Fame and Bryan doing the same for Regal.

This is an excuse to play Punk & Regal's gigantic shit eating grins during the "I'm better than you" promo. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

Only one I didn't recognize offhand. Eddie Sharkey?

Correct.

6 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This is an excuse to play Punk & Regal's gigantic shit eating grins during the "I'm better than you" promo. 

I still fondly remember the reactions by William Regal and CM Punk. Cheers!

2 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

I get the feeling that Regal is pretty directly responsible for influencing Triple H's recent fondness for indy wrestlers.  I doubt the guy who went almost directly from wrestling school to WCW, and is such a size queen he wrote his own bodybuilding book, decided one day all on his own to start watching vanilla midgets doing flippy shit.  Regal's got Triple H's ear, so he's probably doing more than we know about.

That's what I mean - Regal has got to be SUPER busy.  If I recall, he was the main guy organizing the UK tournament, and is probably heavily involved in it going forward as well.  

• Like 1

He also goes around the world to scout talent, they've had pieces on him going to Brazil and other parts of the world.  And all signs point to him being behind the UK tournament/show and likely brought most of the recent signees on WWE's radar in the first place.  As great as he was in-ring, I think his lasting legacy is going to be what he's done outside the ring when all is said and done.