DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2017 WRESTLING PHOTOS THREAD

2 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

There's no way those Northern Hell tours didn't result in fatalities SOMEWHERE in British Columbia.  Way too many tiny towns with isolated locals not to.

(Nanaimo isn't hell, it just feels like it.)

I grew up near Nanaimo and it was always the nice, quiet town with one traffic light near the old logging road that led to a campground we called the Boneyard (at first for spooky reasons, later for sexy reasons). Sad to hear it sucks now.

29 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

I grew up near Nanaimo and it was always the nice, quiet town with one traffic light near the old logging road that led to a campground we called the Boneyard (at first for spooky reasons, later for sexy reasons). Sad to hear it sucks now.

How OLD are you? Nanaimo was well on the way to becoming the biggest city on the Island before I left 10 years ago...complete with all the big-city problems.

39 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

How OLD are you? Nanaimo was well on the way to becoming the biggest city on the Island before I left 10 years ago...complete with all the big-city problems.

Old enough to get Nanaimo and Sooke mixed up? This is the second time this week my memory has failed me when posting. I'll take it as A Sign.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rev Ray said:

Kris posted several pics from the Continental fan fest this weekend, Jeebus, is Ron Fuller like 8 ft tall?

Ron is a legit 6'9 IMSMR.

A lot of negative things can be said for Orton, be it professionally or personally.  And I might be likely to agree with that.  But I'll admit to getting a kick out of him running with what he said online and posing for this picture.  Bonus points go to Gulak's shit-eating grin.  That and he's been aces on #205Live

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

$25 signatures can bring a lot of people together. 

They would get more than that from me if they signed my copies of their respective books. And I'd totally buy that "THE DIRTY FUNKER" shirt even if I might never probably wear it in public. 

On 5/15/2017 at 1:32 PM, Marty Sugar said:

He worked a hardcore battle royale in Nanaimo once, where he and Johnny Canuck stuffed Tony Kozina in a steel drum and basically threw the drum around. I thought they were going to kill him. A few months previous they'd power bombed a guy through a wooden table and nearly killed him when the dude had a heart attack...so the G.O.D. leaving someone dead in Nanaimo was not outside the realm of possibility in 1997.

Or when Beautiful Bruce went head first over the top to the floor...  or Johnny and Juggernaut and the flames...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CanadianChris said:

Or when Beautiful Bruce went head first over the top to the floor...  or Johnny and Juggernaut and the flames...

Bruce getting tossed by EZ Ryder was such an unfortunate accident (EDIT: not the tossing, but the missed catch). I skipped the Johnny/Juggernaut show as by then I had grown disinterested with what they were offering.