DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2017 WRESTLING PHOTOS THREAD

12 hours ago, Victator said:

I think it forced the break up and I think that has proven to be a failure. A loss would have been something to build to a better break up angle in the future. 

Oh, you've got a very good point looking at it from the Shield's perspective. It did feel odd for Seth to bail what was an obviously dominant group to join up with the guys he'd just got done shellacking. Much like I'd have liked to have seen Batista have a face run that summer as a result of Evolution breaking up, I would have MUCH preferred a slower build to the Shield's break-up. 

Seth wins Money In The Bank while still in the group, but that plants the seeds of dissent as he begins acting cockier and cockier while carrying the briefcase. The three go into individual programs, but without a formal split. That means we don't get the great Seth-Dean matches from that late-summer/fall, but it's a worthy sacrifice. I save a full Seth turn for Wrestlemania and the cash-in. 

As good as it was, imagine how much more heat this scene gets if it's the culmination of a months-long build to Seth turning on his mates: 

c48033d44e8b8cab0ff3ca01ab6375a0.jpgSeth-Rollins-cashes-in-Wrestlemania-WWE.maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

Why was there an issue with the picture?

Bray and Harper not being back water hillbillies

Unmasked Matadors

Roman Reigns with heels

etc.. etc...

Speaking of Batista: the girls and I watched GOTG2 last weekend and loved it; then watched the first GOTG the other night on Netflix. The acting of Batista, and the character of Drax, is like night and day between movies: in the first one he's kind of secondary and only has short, Arnold-like lines...but in the sequel he is a much more fleshed-out character and Batista really gets to shine, IMO.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Bray and Harper not being back water hillbillies

Unmasked Matadors

Roman Reigns with heels

etc.. etc...

Things we already knew: the identities of Los Matadores, that Bray and Harper aren't backwoods hillbillies. This isn't the 80s anymore. The curtain has been pulled back. Kayfabe is dead. You can't have it both ways; protecting kayfabe when it suits them to. 

Some punishment Roman endured. 

It's the shirts and it's a Harper shirt not created or merchandised by WWE. Common knowledge how WWE handles things and their selective choosing of who gets heat for what. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

It might never happen, but Cena/Tanahashi is the ultimate dream match for me.  You have two guys who are the face of their respective companies, and Tanahashi has long been compared to Cena.  John would surely be up for anything in the match and it would be legendary.  Of course there's the whole thing about where it would be and it would take a minor miracle for WWE and NJPW to cooperate for this considering their stature and egos.  But if they somehow got past all that to make it work, holy crap that would be something else.

Wrestlemania XXXVII at the Egg Dome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Wrestlemania XXXVII at the Egg Dome.

There's no guarantee Tana's body doesn't burst into flames before then...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Things we already knew: the identities of Los Matadores, that Bray and Harper aren't backwoods hillbillies. This isn't the 80s anymore. The curtain has been pulled back. Kayfabe is dead. You can't have it both ways; protecting kayfabe when it suits them to. 

CornetteFace.jpg

• Like 1

Someone should make a Finn-Balor-in-his-photo-pose cardboard cutout and start taking it to indie shows and getting other Wrestlers to pose with it.

• Like 1