DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2017 WRESTLING PHOTOS THREAD

16 hours ago, Ryan said:

Be ready.

C_R5GVtXUAE6tuV.jpgC_R5GwDXgAEWwZ6.jpg

Infinitely less carny than the time Onita was "booked" for XPW. He tried setting fire to a table at his "press conference," which was held in a small, hotel convention room. Human-garbage XPW owner Rob Black failed to disclose the purpose for booking the convention hall to the hotel, and if memory serves, lost the money needed to book Onita for his match to pay off the hotel. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

That's what I mean - Regal has got to be SUPER busy.  If I recall, he was the main guy organizing the UK tournament, and is probably heavily involved in it going forward as well.  

He also organized the Cruiserweight tournament. 

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

So, Tenryu chooses the hottest guy in Japan to job to on his way out. Onita chooses a mild attraction -- at best -- to beat after the guys power bombs himself four times for him. Got it. 

Just for the record - Onita's "retirement" match is going to be against Masato Tanaka not Sapp

If ever there's a guy I'd love to see in New Japan it's Harper. I mean when was the last time there was a scary, capable and talented brawling gajin hoss in any puro promotion? He'd be over in a heartbeat

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

If ever there's a guy I'd love to see in New Japan it's Harper. I mean when was the last time there was a scary, capable and talented brawling gajin hoss in any puro promotion? He'd be over in a heartbeat

I was thinking of Luke Harper in NJPW yesterday. Great minds think alike so the saying goes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

I am super happy that she is doing the work she's doing and probably making a ton of dough, but I miss Death Rey. 

I remember her telling Cabana on his podcast a few years ago that she knew "what she had to do to get to WWE but wasn't willing to do that" (read: get big fake boobs).  It's nice to see the business has changed at least a little.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I remember her telling Cabana on his podcast a few years ago that she knew "what she had to do to get to WWE but wasn't willing to do that" (read: get big fake boobs).  It's nice to see the business has changed at least a little.

You should go back to 2015 NXT and take a look at Charlotte and compare her to now 

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah, just like the first time (remember the Hayabusa match?). I'd just like to see Onita lose honestly.

Wasn't Onita's first retirement in All Japan in the 80s? Pre-deathmatch and FMW?

4 minutes ago, Ace said:

Wasn't Onita's first retirement in All Japan in the 80s? Pre-deathmatch and FMW?

Yes.  He retired in the mid-80's (85, irrc) for about three years - aka, 30 months longer than his next retirement will last.