DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

4 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

I like how someone felt the need to post the Seinfeld clip as if there was actually someone who wasn't getting the reference.

She has good punches, which I know we like to debate over here. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

He's gonna leave WWE and wrestle again, isn't he?  Watching that, my suspicion is that he'll never accept any evidence that he isn't well and shouldn't get back in the ring.

Seems very likely he will eventually do something in Mexico. 

5 minutes ago, Matt D said:

A hair match vs Metalico fourth from the top in Puebla since CMLL has no idea who he is.

You keep saying this but last I checked, WWE annihilates the Mexican promotions in terms of TV ratings in Mexico. I wonder how much they've fallen since Rey's departure but the gap between wwe and cmll was significant. 

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

You keep saying this but last I checked, WWE annihilates the Mexican promotions in terms of TV ratings in Mexico. I wonder how much they've fallen since Rey's departure but the gap between wwe and cmll was significant. 

You are giving CMLL a lot of credit.

(To specify: the general Mexican fanbase might know who he is. CMLL is oblivious)

People keep pointing to Mexico, but NJPW seems like the likeliest place that DB wrestles for if it isn't WWE. Esepcially if NJPW is at all serious about have a greater US presence. What better way for them to accomplish that goal than by getting one of the biggest names in US wrestling?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

They might've considered signing her, but would've changed her name, you know, because fans would confuse her for Shane's wife. 

Vince probably just saw My Cousin Vinny. 

"God damn it! Why wasn't I Vinny!?"

Vince is busy trying to book Herman Munster for a skit requiring a judge. It's gonna fall on HHH to break the bad news Fred Gwynne died in 1993. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

People keep pointing to Mexico, but NJPW seems like the likeliest place that DB wrestles for if it isn't WWE. Esepcially if NJPW is at all serious about have a greater US presence. What better way for them to accomplish that goal than by getting one of the biggest names in US wrestling?

People point to Mexico because DB has said he wants to do lucha.

I hate Dolfan so much right now.

And the other reason people point to lucha is because Bryan can work relatively safe matches in that style

New Japan would be the absolute worst place for him to go

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And the other reason people point to lucha is because Bryan can work relatively safe matches in that style

He could, but this is the guy who thought taking the half nelson suplex of doom was a good idea. He'd probably do six topes suicidas for no reason.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Seriously, the country where nobody learned from Misawa literally dying in the ring due to a career of needless stiff bullshit would be a perfect fit.

2 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I like how disarmingly honest Bryan is.

I would be okay watching him wrestle in that WoS revival.

"Slip effortlessly in and out of light holds like interpretive dance while taking no bumps" is pretty much the only thing I'd accept.

• Like 2

I said this last time the idea of Bryan wrestling outside of WWE came up, and I'll say it again: while the safety and health of the performers should be paramount, I have no doubt that there are many, many, many guys who work every single night that wouldn't pass similar testing. Id also guess that would be the case historically. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I know what Bryan has said about wanting to work a Lucha style, but he knew he had to work a safer style when he came back the first time and he was immediately back to the same old stuff. I'm not doubting that he would go to CMLL or AAA, but I just see NJPW as the promotion that would pay him more than anyone else to actually wrestle and Bryan could wrestle his style.

Of course, he's a new dad, and there's still a lot of time left on his contract for fatherhood to weigh on him to stay out of the ring in a wrestling role.

• Like 1