DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

6 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I'm trying to think who is the Star Wars equivalent of Roman.

Jar Jar Binks maybe?  Creative thinks he'll be successful so they push him hard; fan base reacts by hating him.

Works for me.  Roman is Jar Jar Binks.

"It's meesa yard now!"

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Those are A LOT of god damn hashtags. 

hashtags are sentient.  Judgment Day is upon us. While we wait,  I did not see this posted in 205 Live thread.  Graves making fun of Tom "FF" Phillips was hilarious and Tom having a laugh about it too.  This was awesome.  

https://streamable.com/50z58  -  First video Graves makes the comment

https://streamable.com/7pms0 - Second video both of them cracking :lol: 

• Like 5

Look man, all I'm saying is if some utility-kilt wearing neckbeard is searching instagram for #Vape #Vapelife and comes across this, maybe Alexa got herself a new fan. Gotta strengthen that brand!

• Like 1

There is undoubtedly some crossover between vapers and wrestling fans. Search Engine Optimization! Get those eyeballs on the product. #Eyeballs #Product #SEO #Cloudchasing #Vapelife

Remember when Big Show was caught vaping at the Hall of Fame last year? That was funny. 

tumblr_o517hxRjpm1u5eu8ao1_1280.png 

Not vaping, but Godfather posted a pic of him at the Hall of Fame this year, burning a joint inside the arena. Which has sadly been taken down. 

• Like 1

It's a somehow more obnoxious form of smoking. 

*edited to add*

Please nobody reply telling me how "it's healthier" and blah blah blah. I don't fucking care. 

• Like 6

so, i know this is probably frowned upon, but i'm looking for a couple videos. If anybody could point me on where to find them, it would be awesome. PMs so as to not clutter the thread would be best.

I'm looking for:

NWA World Title tournament, 11/19/94 @ Cherry Hill, NJ. this is the tourney, hosted by SMW, that Chris Candido won after the Shane Douglas/NWA Title fiasco.  Apparently a fan cam of this show exists and i'd love to see it.

WWN: World Wrestling Network, the Paul Heyman/Jim Crockett show held at the Manhattan Center on 2/28/94. features mostly ECW talent. again, video of the show exists but i've never seen it anywhere.

thanks in advance. 

You could probably find it on a torrent, if you're into that. I tried Google for you, no luck. 

I was actually at that tournament and sadly, have no recollection of it whatsoever. It was literally like, 5 minutes from the house I grew up in at the time and I convinced my grandfather to take myself and two friends to it. 

Looking back, after having been at that building years later (grandparents really enjoyed going to antique shows), it's crazy how small a place that was to hold an NWA World Title tournament. I know it wasn't as prestigious as it was, but still. The place is smaller than the ECW Arena. 

But hey, there was a cool tank outside. 

Sorry I couldn't help, twiztor. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Good point.  Where the comparison falls apart (or stays the same) is in how involved the ownership is in day to day operations.  Vince has never hired a GM to run WWE and then stepped away from it.

The Oakland Raiders. Vince is Al Davis. Al is Vince. Big back in the day, slow, steady decline. 

It's like poetry.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DMN said:

The Oakland Raiders. Vince is Al Davis. Al is Vince. Big back in the day, slow, steady decline. 

It's like poetry.

The talents are fighters.
Putting smiles across the seas.

With a rollicking song, they sweep along,
Swaggering boisterously.
Their faces are weather beaten.
They wear a hooded sash,
With a glass ceiling over their head,
And a certain style of panache.

They growl as they storm the country,
Faces, villains big and bold.
And the champs all shake and quiver and quake,
As they're robbed of their gold.

The talents are Sports Entertainers.
Pillaging just for fun.
They'll knock you 'round and upside down,
And laugh when they've conquered and won.

Best I could do. I'm tired. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

People who vape look like they're sucking off a Transformer.

Whenever I see someone vape I always say they're "blowing Iron Man"

• Like 5

In general people use random "popular" hashtags on posts so they show up during common searches even if it has nothing to do with the actual content

It is the same reason you see about 284520525 keywords on Youtube videos

4 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Which does my head in, because if I was searching for vaping I would be looking for vaping pics not Alexa Bliss ¬_¬

You have mistakenly thought the world wishes to make your life easier. 

• Like 2

Well Alexa is quite the smoke show...

Kissing someone who is using "Pear of Melons" vape juice is a much nicer experience than kissing someone who just finished half a pack of darts. This is the hard-hitting investigative journalism I am willing to do to make this board great forever!!!!

Back to you, Gorilla!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Well Alexa is quite the smoke show...

Kissing someone who is using "Pear of Melons" vape juice is a much nicer experience than kissing someone who just finished half a pack of darts. This is the hard-hitting investigative journalism I am willing to do to make this board great forever!!!!

Back to you, Gorilla!

• Like 8