DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

28 minutes ago, steve said:

I ran into R-Truth in a Food Lion today.

I think I'm the only person that recognized him in the whole place.

Little Jimmy could've been there and recognized him without you noticing.

• Like 2

Finished watching One Night Only. If liking Wrestling is a disease, this show could be the cure. Except the main event, Moose vs Lashley, that was really good. Almost as good as Lashley's matches with Aries & Roode from early 2015, even. Didn't know Moose had it in him. He took a german Suplex all gnarly and shoulder dislocatey at one point though. Ke[t going, wasn't hurt, but it looked like the landing from hell.

On 5/24/2017 at 4:42 PM, Infinit said:

According to his Facebook, PJ Black mangled his ankle and hand in a base jumping accident and will be out for the foreseeable future.

He did that a few months ago unless he pulled a Kerry Von Erich and broke his repaired feet again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

He did that a few months ago unless he pulled a Kerry Von Erich and broke his repaired feet again.

This is recent. He posted yesterday about the doctors saving one of his fingers.

While this technically should go in the podcast thread - I think it is interesting enough to let folks know about

On Edge and Christian's most recent podcast - they talked to Shawn Michaels and Mick Foley about their Mind Games match. They called it "Anatomy of a Match" (so it seems like they might do this more with other guys)

https://play.google.com/music/m/Darphqsnapnjhhvas7l6xq657va?t=Anatomy_of_a_Match_Shawn_Michaels_vs_Mankind_From_WWFs_In_Your_House_Mind_Games-ECs_Pod_of_Awesomene

The segment starts about 36 minutes in

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

While this technically should go in the podcast thread - I think it is interesting enough to let folks know about

On Edge and Christian's most recent podcast - they talked to Shawn Michaels and Mick Foley about their Mind Games match. They called it "Anatomy of a Match" (so it seems like they might do this more with other guys)

https://play.google.com/music/m/Darphqsnapnjhhvas7l6xq657va?t=Anatomy_of_a_Match_Shawn_Michaels_vs_Mankind_From_WWFs_In_Your_House_Mind_Games-ECs_Pod_of_Awesomene

They've been soliciting requests for a while for matches people want them to do this with, so it should be a recurring thing.

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I hear this is like calling CM Punk "Phil" or asking Ned Beatty to "squeal like a pig."  

It ends in sodomy and death (and whatever the Ned Beatty thing is a reference to)?

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I hear this is like calling CM Punk "Phil" ... 

I can understand this.  It's better etiquette to call him "Mr. Brooks".

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Ace said:

The drug charges against Sean Waltman from a few weeks ago were dropped, according to Sam Roberts.

That's rad. Kicking addictions is a motherfucker and relapsing is so common that it's nice to hear when someone stays clean (well, relatively clean in this case, but still).

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/05/26/chris-jericho-wwe-retirement-possible?xid=socialflow_twitter_si

Is the "Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla" ready to hang up his light-up jacket and wrestling boots?

Longtime superstar, Chris Jericho, recently said that he may never have a long run in the WWE ever again.

The 46-year-old, who also is the lead singer for the band Fozzy, is scheduled to appear at a few overseas shows this summer, but as for another lengthy comeback for Vince McMahon, it may not happen.

''It'll be a long time before I go back,'' Jericho said. ''If I ever do go back, if I never go back, it's fine. If I never wrestle another match, it wouldn't bother me.''

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

15 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I haven't heard it yet, forgot it was Friday (don't ask). If it's them rewatching it, I hope somebody syncs these up, like the ones they did for Austin's recaps. Those were great. 

Hide contents

-- 

Cheers.

That last run by Jericho was really long, and he is getting up there in age. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him in another program for a bit, although I am sure he will be wrestling for years to come. Funny from reading his books and how it started in WWE that he is the veteran that got the "come and go whenever you want" card, but congrats to him for being able to get it.

25 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

In all seriousness I see him in more of a Roddy Piper role, coming in to work the mic and get over talent, maybe the occasional match... after he has a bunch more matches first, of course. 

Seems odd but Jericho is older than Piper was during his (Piper's) WCW run.