DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

48 minutes ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

The entire cast of Spartans from 300 look like they were plucked from backstage at a late '80s WWF show. Herc would have been right at home in that flick. 

This being said, the story was Gerard Butler and the rest of the male cast were semi-pissed when they saw the final product, because they had done an absolutely insane workout/diet for 3 months and they all felt like they were in the best shape of any of their lives. And Snyder still CGI'ed in 6 pack abs and bigger muscles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This being said, the story was Gerard Butler and the rest of the male cast were semi-pissed when they saw the final product, because they had done an absolutely insane workout/diet for 3 months and they all felt like they were in the best shape of any of their lives. And Snyder still CGI'ed in 6 pack abs and bigger muscles. 

Also, no way was that Butler referenced in the story, as the article refers to the actor in questions as an A-lister.  I really like Olympus has fallen but Butler is C list at best.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Also, no way was that Butler referenced in the story, as the article refers to the actor in questions as an A-lister.  I really like Olympus has fallen but Butler is C list at best.

The moment you co-star in a movie with Katherine Heigl, you're instantly docked a letter grade. 

• Like 7

16 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

I immediately assumed it was Christian Bale.  The guy was a goddamn skeleton in The Machinist and he bulked up to play shirtless Bruce Wayne kicking ass in Batman Begins in at absolutely most eighteen months.

Actually the Wiki on The Machinist says Bale had six months to go from near death to Batman.  

I remember reading that Bale actually got too big for Batman at once point. He had to drop 20-30lbs of muscle to fit into the suit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

So why didn't everyone do it, then?

Is it really outside the realm of possibility that Jinder, in his years at the company, has made some friends that think he works hard and want to congratulate him on his achievement?

Sheamus and Jinder were both groomsmen at Drew McIntyre's wedding last year, so I imagine they must be somewhat close

Putting aside whether one agrees with the decision or not - I am trying to place Jinder's post draft "career" (in comparison to everyone else in the WWE) and his has to be Top 10 right? Heck I might even say Top 5

Couldn't get indy bookings Mania 2016 weekend

Mania 2017 he is featured in the "SportsCenter" Moment and is now World Champ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

According to his Facebook, PJ Black mangled his ankle and hand in a base jumping accident and will be out for the foreseeable future.

Had he even managed to return to the ring from breaking both legs a few months ago doing the same thing?

Watching Impact One Night Only: Turning Point* 2017. Wilcox from the V.O.W. just tried to hit a Neck Hanging Tree overhead Suplex on Mario Bokara and just about killed him. Under-rotated him like he was trying to earn a crippler gimmick.

EDIT: OK. Matt Morgan vs KM wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was just, y'know, pretty bad. Davey Richards vs Suicide is next? I might go to bed instead of watching that. And they said the main is Moose vs Lashley, which seems like a match that should be saved for a proper show.

* How can a show that exists outside of the storylines be a turning point? By definition nothing that happens on this show matters.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

* How can a show that exists outside of the storylines be a turning point? By definition nothing that happens on this show matters.

That's a fitting way to sum up the company in general.

• Like 3

It's from a classic Village Voice article in the 80s where they ask the Mets about dinosaurs. Lenny Dykstra claims to have thrown a bunch of Mets merch in the La Brea Tar Pits so they can be found as fossils later.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AxB said:

How can a show that exists outside of the storylines be a turning point? By definition nothing that happens on this show matters.

Turning around in a circle and ending up right back where you started is technically still turning. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ace said:

It's from a classic Village Voice article in the 80s where they ask the Mets about dinosaurs. Lenny Dykstra claims to have thrown a bunch of Mets merch in the La Brea Tar Pits so they can be found as fossils later.

Yep, the wife already told me this after I shared the quote with her. On the other hand, at least I got to read a bunch of great fake quotes about dinosaurs.

Back to wrestling.