DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

38 minutes ago, The Nature Boy said:

I quit watching wrestling for a few months and I come back and Jinder Mahal is the fucking WWE Champion?

What the actual fuck? 

Welcome back and we're sharing the same reaction here ; )

• Like 2

It makes zero sense except for the Indian market. He's mediocre on the stick, is below average in ring and he screams wellness violation. He may be one of the bottom five WWE Champions of all time. The only person that I could think of off the top of my head who was worse was Khali and he also got part of his push because of the Indian market.

When he was re-signed, I was shocked much less this.

He doesn't deserve this. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, caley said:

I dunno, a lot of the wrestlers seem to feel differently.

What do you expect them to say? I'd say the same thing too if it means keeping myself out of hot water with the crazy old man behind the Jinder push.

• Like 2

When I think of "You deserve it" chants, two come to mind. The first at Daniel Bryan on the post WrestleMania XXX RAW as the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. The second to Roman Reigns when Braun Strowman kept coming back to attack him backstage on RAW this year. I'm not finished/done with you yet!

Wait... There's a difference between being a nice guy who works hard and someone who has the ability to be the best in his field. If Jinder was in the NBA, he'd be a DNP coach's decision a lot. He isn't main event material. It may end up being a freezing cold take later, but nothing about Jinder says top of the card.

And look at the wrestlers that @caley posted... Sheamus is the only one that's in that group that is at a high level. Peyton Royce is very good too... But you're gonna post a tweet by James Ellsworth and make it seem that Jinder Mahal is world championship material? C'mon now...

• Like 4

About the "deserved" discussion. I think they actually mean it. Among pears he might be viewed as someone who worked very hard and caught a break. Still doesn't mean he should have the title. Nothing about Jinder screams champion. To be fair, there have been others to whom this statement applies. But with a title win but his one can't help but think about the great "Never"(not NEVER)-Champions of eras in the past. Even the JBL comparison is out there, "Bradshaw" was always portrayed as a serious asskicker and threat. Not as a main eventer, but as a guy who could give everyone a run for his money.

7 hours ago, The Nature Boy said:

I quit watching wrestling for a few months and I come back and Jinder Mahal is the fucking WWE Champion?

What the actual fuck? 

We voted and are blaming it on your absence.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nate said:

Also, Mahal looks like Ripped Luis Guzman, and we can all agree that's not a good look.

Well I'll never unsee that image.

• Like 6

The WWE is loading up the June13th episode of SDL as it is the last New Orleans show until Mania (well at least main roster)

Billed as TRIPLE MAIN EVENT~! they announced three rematches from Backlash

Orton vs. Jinder - title match

KO vs. AJ - title match

Nakamura vs. Ziggler

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 2:47 AM, Smelly McUgly said:

WRONG.

I wasn't thinking of Manu because nobody ever thinks of Manu. 

Who in the holy mother of fuck is Manu? Reminds of the last time I regularly watched recent Lucha Underground episodes and it still took me forever to realize that PJ Black was Justin Gabriel, not because I didn't recognize him but rather I'd forgotten he ever existed to begin with. "Oh yeah, he was the flippy dude in Nexus for about five seconds, wasn't he? I'll be damned."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

No idea what the "Bat Wing" is, but it doesn't sound racist enough to be something Vince dreamed up.

7382a81af22040dbaff9b823033ff0fd.jpg

Sure glad I looked that up at work :blink:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

If Vince was going to force us all to pretend some guy wasn't an interchangeable utility jobber and magically totally hot shit overnight, I wish he would've really trolled the audience and remade Mahal as the Ultimate Warrior instead of Tiger Ali Singh.

Well, he has the acne to make it work.

• Like 2

It worked well enough for Albert (shat upon by none-too-amused audiences) and in the same way Albert earned his Tensai alter ego by conquering the East, Mahal has conquered enough vials of whatever the cool kids inject these days to truly be judged a Warrior's warrior.  

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Tonight's "Punjabi Celebration" will consist of him doing the Bat wing in the middle of the ring

I hope this leads to Jinder vs Randy in a Punjabi Prison match. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What do you expect them to say? I'd say the same thing too if it means keeping myself out of hot water with the crazy old man behind the Jinder push.

The video of Miz going backstage after winning his first title is great.