DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

On Jericho's podcast, Jinder mentioned a knock off Undertaker appearing in a Bollywood movie and thus being a popular character in India.

This appears to be the movie from 1996 (Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi) (the knock off Undertaker is actually Brian Lee doing his gimmick)

Anybody know how this all came about? Akshay Kumar is a huge Bollywood star, so this is no low budget movie.

• Like 1

Crush was such a wasted oppurtunity. 

Was this before, during, or after Brian Lee was The Underfaker?

Was Brian see trained by The Spoiler?

King Don as Don King is such an old school AKI name. 

This film needs Jean Claude Van Damme in his Lionheart glory.

I always like to think back in the day their was a time pre calling matches in the ring where guys just went out their and felt the matches out without talking and based on crowd reaction and eventually these guys became "old timers" and started seeing these young whipper snappers calling it in the ring and would bitch about how they were exposing the business or ruining the craft.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

In another not shocking indication that she is done with the company. Eva Marie will no longer be on Total Divas

As the one(?) guy that watched the show regularly, the season finale had her say that she'd back in a month and they treated it like she'd be back on the show.  If people only follow along with the show they're going to be a bit confused.

5 hours ago, Zartan said:

I always like to think back in the day their was a time pre calling matches in the ring where guys just went out their and felt the matches out without talking and based on crowd reaction and eventually these guys became "old timers" and started seeing these young whipper snappers calling it in the ring and would bitch about how they were exposing the business or ruining the craft.

That's essentially Flair and Steamboat.

6 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Crush was such a wasted oppurtunity. 

Was this before, during, or after Brian Lee was The Underfaker?

Was Brian see trained by The Spoiler?

King Don as Don King is such an old school AKI name. 

This film needs Jean Claude Van Damme in his Lionheart glory.

Brian Lee was Ted DiBiase's fake Undertaker in 1994. 

11 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

(and this is NOT a dare to WWE to put the fucking World title on the least entertaining guy in 3MB - heck, Jinder's the least entertaining guy in his own Rule 1.5 trio).  

What are you talking about? He was the funny one.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

You know - If there was a wrestling time machine, I'd use it to go back to 1993 to bring Vader to the modern era to see him take on Lesnar. 

I'd rather see Cena vs Vader or young Sting vs Brock.

Plus you get Bill Watts booking vs Vince booking.

2 minutes ago, alstein said:

I'd rather see Cena vs Vader or young Sting vs Brock.

Plus you get Bill Watts booking vs Vince booking.

I was trying tp think of guys that could tale down Brock and habe it be believable. Vader is the guy I came up with me.

I just saw a unification match between Bruiser Brody and Tenryu. The finish was the worst ever, as Brody hit the King Kong Kneedrop, then rolls out of the ring to slowly crawl towards Tenryu who powerbombs him softly for the double count....

The finish killed the audience completely...

So, use that for the finish of Orton vs Jinder Mahal please.