DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

1) it was just a stupid analogy.  Fuck.

2) Are you saying there's not better wrestling out there than Randy's "20 minutes of chinlocks" style and, if there is, people shouldn't be seeking it out?  Should consumers of a given product not educate themselves to find anything better?  What about restaurants?  If I told you there was better food out there than McDonald's, is that elitist, too?

Holy shit, some people.

I find the "Block User" option is pretty fucking awesome.  Works for me, when elitists are accusing others of being elitists.  Sometimes makes threads shorter and more pleasant to read.

I look at Randy Orton through the glass of an ice cream analogy I read on Wrestlecrap: There's all kinds of ice cream out there, from rocky road to butter pecan to cookie dough.  With all those options, vanilla ice cream still exists for those people who just like eating shitty ice cream.

Randy Orton is shitty ice cream.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

Nah, he does a really racist set now, flips out on interviewers and performs at the Gathering of the Juggalos. This article's a bit old, but still entertaining. 

http://www.avclub.com/article/gallagher-36622 

Bitter act from the '80s? Definitely Honky Tonk Man. 

Amazing.

Who said it: Gallagher or Abe Simpson?

1) I don't ride side-saddle. I'm as straight as a submarine.

2) Well, I don’t think Katie Couric should have been the anchorperson for the news.

3) We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways.

4) and then of course President Clinton ruined oral sex.

5) The metric system is the tool of the devil.

6) and they also don’t pay attention to what they’re wearing or how they’re standing.

7) The only real leader in America was David Stern.

8) There’s no vaudeville. Show business isn’t organized.

9) But that's America for you!

10) It'll be a cold day in hell before I recognize Missouri!

11) Detroit is drunken idiots.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Carrot Top had more muscles

But in fairness Carrot Top has more muscles than like 95% of the current roster. Dude is jacked.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

2) Well, I don’t think Katie Couric should have been the anchorperson for the news.

6) and they also don’t pay attention to what they’re wearing or how they’re standing.

What's awesome is were I not a hardcore Simpsons mark (or if I hadn't re-read the Gallagher bit this afternoon after posting it), I'd probably be stumped. 

3 hours ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

Nah, he does a really racist set now, flips out on interviewers and performs at the Gathering of the Juggalos. This article's a bit old, but still entertaining. 

http://www.avclub.com/article/gallagher-36622 

Bitter act from the '80s? Definitely Honky Tonk Man. 

That interview actually made me want to see Gallagher perform and I didn't think that was possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nate said:

I find the "Block User" option is pretty fucking awesome.  Works for me, when elitists are accusing others of being elitists.  Sometimes makes threads shorter and more pleasant to read.

I look at Randy Orton through the glass of an ice cream analogy I read on Wrestlecrap: There's all kinds of ice cream out there, from rocky road to butter pecan to cookie dough.  With all those options, vanilla ice cream still exists for those people who just like eating shitty ice cream.

Randy Orton is shitty ice cream.

What the fuck is shitty about vanilla ice cream you filthy heathen?

• Like 22

2 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

They probably could've booked Adolph vs Carrot Top for Mania, with better success than the Shaq/Show plan.

**edit**

I'm not fixing that auto-correct. 

Adolph will be doing the "nazi frozen in time" gimmick intended for Heidenreich.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's fine with chocolate or strawberry, but it's bland as hell by itself.

If you're eating ice cream and thinking "bland as hell", the problem isn't the flavor of the ice cream, the problem is you're eating shitty ice cream. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, piranesi said:

Amazing.

1. Gallagher 

2.Gallagher

3. Abe

4. Gallagher

5. Abe

6. Gallagher

7. Gallagher

8.  Gallagher

9. Abe/Gallagher

10. Abe

11. Gallagher

I'm pretty intrigued by Gallagher. He is this combination of having good advice and being a hateful prick. He actually reminds me a lot of a guy like Ole Anderson, I would say Rip Rogers but Gallagher was a huge star at one point. 

Seeing Ole eviscerate Meltzer was very cringe worthy entertainment. Because Ole was full of shit at times but he made his living talking shit. So he could say the moon was made of cheese and everyone would buy crackers. 

There is this Interview with Gallagher and Patrice O'Neal. Which was a bit different than Dave and Ole, since Patrice actually understood him. I think the Moran interview ended in ten minutes. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Does Stan Hansen = George Carlin in this whole comedy/wrestling comparison deal?

Now I want to hear Stan Hansen do a whole bit on fart jokes. Matter of fact, you know he probably had to of done these at some point on a tour of Japan.

BABA-SAN, I GOT ONE FOR YOU.

18 minutes ago, Victator said:

1. Gallagher 

2.Gallagher

3. Abe

4. Gallagher

5. Abe

6. Gallagher

7. Gallagher

8.  Gallagher

9. Abe/Gallagher

10. Abe

11. Gallagher

12. Gallagher

You missed one and added an extra one. I have no idea how to grade this, but that's America for you. There's no Vaudeville and nobody knows how to stand.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's fine with chocolate or strawberry, but it's bland as hell by itself.

Vanilla bean with really good vanilla extract doesn't need anything else.

Randy Orton is more like the shitty vanilla in a cheap 1.29 carton of Neapolitan. He's no fucking vanilla bean. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, piranesi said:

You missed one and added an extra one. I have no idea how to grade this, but that's America for you. There's no Vaudeville and nobody knows how to stand.

I don't know how that happened  Think someone replied while I was replying. 

4 hours ago, Cristobal said:

What the fuck is shitty about vanilla ice cream you filthy heathen?

I have to second the love for vanilla ice cream.  Vanilla is good and for the most part it's good and non-offensive.  But man, once in a while it is done JUST right and when it is, it is FUCKING AMAZING.   I might have said something similar to that once after taking a bite.  And gotten some dirty looks from the parents whose kids had just heard me say it.

• Like 1