DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

On 5/13/2017 at 9:45 PM, PetrolCB said:

If he knew what it took to be great, why wasn't he a huge star? 

I know, people might be offended because he was "awesome" and threw great punches or whatever. 

So go ahead and knock my comment. 

He was a pretty successful wrestler during the territory era. He would consistently get work and be fairly high up on the card. He did not win very often in WCW in the early 90's but he was given offense in matches and occasional angles. 

That is more success than most wrestlers have. Relatively he is more successful than most indy wrestlers today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

If like, three things happened differently, Orton would've been Erik Watts

Except he actually has talent as much as it might pain people to admit. He's far exceeded many of his peers that received similar pushes and couldn't maintain a top position.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I mean at that point just have him win the Rumble

This is the smartest play, I think. If he's indeed out for 6 months (who knows, maybe that number is legit), then having him return at the Rumble and win it.

Better yet, it's been a long time since we've had mysterious video packages leading to someone's return. Put together a creepy and/or cryptic video package and have it play during various or even random matches leading up to Royal Rumble. Then at the start of the show play up that the time is up, but they still don't know who or what the countdown was for. At some point during the Rumble match do the Undertaker returning as Bikertaker at Judgment Day thing where you get "the end" of the video packages, lights go out in the arena, and then...

• Like 1

Harper/Orton was going to be another shit match until about half way through when Harper did or said something to him to get Orton to flip a switch and it went from boring to one of the best matches hes had in a while. It's amazing how Randy turns it on and off like that.

Orton proudly proclaiming himself to be the Dane Cook of wrestling is about the most Orton thing I can think of.

But he's standing up for Rip Rodgers who is at best the Joe E. Ross of wrestling.

But the Young Bucks are Gallagher of wrestling.

And Bubba Ray is the Dice Clay of wrestling.

That's 60 years of shitty comics all in one wrestling twitter feud.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Terry Funk.

Only if he's wearing a stocking over his head in Chainsaw Charlie mode.

But how can the Bucks be Gallagher? I mean, if there's one wrestler known for finishing with a hammer, it's HHH.