DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

Fair play to Orton.

Whenever he's taken a shitkicking or a monster bump, it's looked vicious and generally meant something along the way (Lesnar mauling, Foley match at Backlash with the tacks, numerous RKO on the table related bumps, that over the top rope bump from HHH that legitimately fucked him up)

2 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Taking pride in your work is a bad thing now?

Perhaps his sense of self-pride is different than ours?  What makes his wrong and ours right?

Again, I find most of his work incredibly boring but I'm not going to criticize him for managing to be set financially by choosing to do the least amount of spotty and self-punishing work possible.

Like I originally asked, what's in it for him to completely change his style?

1 hour ago, Peck said:

Perhaps his sense of self-pride is different than ours?  What makes his wrong and ours right?

Again, I find most of his work incredibly boring but I'm not going to criticize him for managing to be set financially by choosing to do the least amount of spotty and self-punishing work possible.

Like I originally asked, what's in it for him to completely change his style?

Isn't that the kind of attitude that people bitched about Hulk Hogan having for 20 years?  

7 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Isn't that the kind of attitude that people bitched about Hulk Hogan having for 20 years?  

Depends, is it the attitude that after 20 years now, people can look at the people who did it for the art and realize Hogan is still alive, in about as good shape as you can be in after wrestling for 40 years, and financially secure enough to do what he wants with his life instead of show up in front of those same armories for $8?

If I just came off one of the worst feuds in wrestling history culminating in a match that will be legendary for setting a new standard of awful I'd probably lay low, but that's just me.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Depends, is it the attitude that after 20 years now, people can look at the people who did it for the art and realize Hogan is still alive, in about as good shape as you can be in after wrestling for 40 years, and financially secure enough to do what he wants with his life instead of show up in front of those same armories for $8?

To be fair, Hogan wasn't in great financial shape after his divorce until the Gawker lawsuit victory.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Hogan's body is destroyed. Eight back surgeries in five months. He can barely move at walking speed.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I'm glad Randal is all pissy right now. Maybe this will make his feud and match with Jinder a bit more interesting.

This could go one of two ways -

Orton tries to prove a point and works slower and safer than ever. He goes 25+ minutes against Jinder and wins by making him pass out with a chinlock

OR

Orton loses his shit. He throws in 15 different RKO reversal spots that all endwith both guys posing to "This is awesome" chants. The match ends after 50 minutes of back and forth chops followed by a legit KO forearm and spinning back kick...

...dive.

• Like 1

Per Meltzer - Lesnar's TV schedule will look something like the following. (His exact quote is "They have a battle plan for Brock in place")

• June 12 (RAW) - Lafayette, LA
  • June 26 (RAW) - Staples Center
  • July 3 (RAW) - Go home for Great Balls of Fire (Phoenix)
  • July 9 - Great Balls of Fire
  • July 10 (RAW) - Houston

And then "several shows" in August since he will be on Summerslam

He doesn't know who he is defending against in July but it should become clearer after RAW tonight (and it could still be Braun)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Oh BTW - none of the kickoff matches made the Wrestlemania DVD (well at least the US version - on the UK version they are squeezed in as blu-ray extras)

But JUST LIKE BEING ON THE MAIN SHOW~!

http://www.wrestlingdvdnetwork.com/wwe-releases-wrestlemania-33-dvd-exclusives-steelbook/135296/

I wonder if they do something to "make it right" for the guys who don't make the DVD and thus don't get any royalties from those sales.  (I'm assuming of course that the talent DOES get royalties based on sales.)

1 hour ago, JohnnyJ said:

i think he was just making fun of people for working for little money. 

That's really sad if that's the case. You'd think at a certain age people grow up, but that will obviously never be the case for Randy. Some people aren't as fortunate as Randy to waltz into a top WWE gig because of their father.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That's really sad if that's the case. You'd think at a certain age people grow up, but that will obviously never be the case for Randy. Some people aren't as fortunate as Randy to waltz into a top WWE gig because of their father.

After receiving a bad-conduct discharge and spending a month in the brig for repeated desertion. Also, Randall writes exactly how I'd expect him to write.  

• Like 2