DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

Bragging about how much money you make while half-assing every match you've been in over the last year is a bad look, Randall.  I'm not a big Young Bucks or Will Ospreay fan, but at least they can't be accused of coasting on their reputations.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Bragging about how much money you make while half-assing every match you've been in over the last year is a bad look, Randall.  I'm not a big Young Bucks or Will Ospreay fan, but at least they can't be accused of coasting on their reputations.

But that's his point. He can half-ass anything he wants, he's still being seen by more people and making more money while working a safer style.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

There's a difference between "works safe" and "clearly doesn't give a shit anymore."

What's in it for him to actually give a shit though? What is he missing? "Pride"? * Ratings? No matter what he does when he walks through the curtain he's got the big contract and he's got the wife and kids. No matter how "hard" he works, he'll always be pushed as one of the top guys. He's also got a lot of mileage on that body to persuade him to stick with the headlocks rather than the planchas. 

While I, as a fan, generally find him to be largely vanilla, personally, I'm not sure I'd give a shit either if I was in his shoes.

• Like 3

I wonder what Randy thinks of guys who has had some of the more indyriffic matches in the last 2 or 3 years at the WWE.  No I am not talking about AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins, and Finn Balor.  I am talking about John Cena.   Now I am sure people will say that he "degraded himself" by working a style to match those guys but still doesn't mean that Cena hasn't had matches that would be 5 stars in PWG

The problem with guys like Rogers is that he isn't bitching about just flippy no selling guys like Young Bucks and Osprey.  He is bitching about all of them.   I mean you are telling me if you should him Trevor Lee vs Chip Day from CWF Mid Atlantic or a maybe something like Keith Lee vs Donovan Dijak he would like it.   Doubt it

The business needs more George South's and less Ole Anderson wanna be's

Also found it funny that Low Ki trying to come to the defense saying that Orton wouldn't be outside of the protection of the WWE.  Yeah that is the guy I want defending indie wrestling.  a guy that has burned almost every bridge, rebuilding some of them, and then burned it down again.  Low Ki in his prime was an early Randy Orton without the family name

Orton and Bubba, two pieces of human garbage going at it. 

Fuck 'em both. 

Also, I have no specific love for flips, but I do enjoy being entertained on some level. Larry Z wandering around the ring avoiding his opponent for five minutes in a random Western States Heritage championship match is better than anything Orton has ever done, flips or no. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, hammerva said:

The problem with guys like Rogers is that he isn't bitching about just flippy no selling guys like Young Bucks and Osprey.  He is bitching about all of them.   I mean you are telling me if you should him Trevor Lee vs Chip Day from CWF Mid Atlantic or a maybe something like Keith Lee vs Donovan Dijak he would like it.  

I think he's more bitching about how everything is treated as monumental. It's a staged fight. Not every match is supposed to be West Side Story. 

• Like 1

I wish Orton was this interesting and entertaining on television.

The smartest one in all this mess is Will Ospreay. He made a t-shirt of it to get money out of it.

• Like 4