DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

1 hour ago, caley said:

It worked for some fans!  When Nitro came here, my brother and cousin bought nose-bleed seats, then some random WCW guy approached them and gave them seats directly behind the announcers (They almost got ran over by the Harris Bros on a run-in from the crowd!), while they were waiting for the show to start, though, some guy came up to them and said "I heard ICP is going to be here! If you chant their name all night, when they come out, they'll give you candy and other prizes!" and proceeded to chant "ICP! ICP!" all night.  For the record, ICP were NOT on that show.

did they also lose an IQ test to Nikki Bella? i think the answer is yes.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, caley said:

It worked for some fans!  When Nitro came here, my brother and cousin bought nose-bleed seats, then some random WCW guy approached them and gave them seats directly behind the announcers (They almost got ran over by the Harris Bros on a run-in from the crowd!), while they were waiting for the show to start, though, some guy came up to them and said "I heard ICP is going to be here! If you chant their name all night, when they come out, they'll give you candy and other prizes!" and proceeded to chant "ICP! ICP!" all night.  For the record, ICP were NOT on that show.

These fucking guys are Beavis & Butthead.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I am amazed that's from WCW Magazine. They should have never allowed that to be published.

While I certainly agree with you, I'll just leave this here.

I'm pretty sure Scotty got suspended for two weeks though. With pay, of course.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, nate said:

Do you think his stripper cadre even knew what he was talking about?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no.

I'm pretty sure they're clapping in that clip because they were getting paid an obscene amount of money, this was WCW after all, to keep their clothes on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Late era Nitro was better than anyone realizes. Either that, or Raw has been such a chore lately that somehow I've found nostalgia in nonsense worked shoot promos, Commissioner Cat, and the Natural Born Thrillers

No. I think you're right, they had some good stuff at the end, but by then it was too little too late

• Like 1

I think he's going to suffer from Tallest Midget syndrome. He looks huge in LU, but he's 6"+ shorter than Randy Orton, Dean Ambrose, and a bunch of other guys on the WWE main roster.  

Unless he's an other worldly good worker like AJ/KO/Sami, he's a mid-card champ at best. 

WWE took a pass on him a while ago, but that was before he blew up on the scene.  I'd say if he goes anywhere outside of the US Indy scene, it'd be NJPW before he went back anywhere near WWE.

21 hours ago, L_W_P said:

As talented as Bryan is and for as much passion as he has he is honestly a moron if he plans on getting back in the ring. I just remember Bryan being out for a while with concerns for his neck and brain and then coming back to do this in a throw away match on a random Smackdown - 

I would rather be The Miz than Daniel Bryan. There I said it. We are all thinking it anyway.

Miz > Bryan

Uh no.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

are miz and bryan the greatest wrestling yin and yangs of all time? 

Bret-Shawn, maybe? CM Punk and Cena had that vibe to it. I think WWE screwed the pooch not turning that into a true rivalry. It would have been the company's best since Rock-Austin. Speaking of...

You could make an interesting case for Rock-Austin. Rock came from a family entrenched in the business, won a national championship at The U so had some serious sports credentials, debuted in WWF (more or less; not really counting the cup of coffee Flex Kavana had in Memphis). He was pushed to the moon immediately and always mapped out for greatness. 

Austin, in contrast, was a college football player...on some very bad Division I-AA teams. He started in the territories, driving from Texas to Tennessee and working for peanuts. He gets his break in WCW, only to get shit-canned and have to essentially go back to the indies in ECW. 

I'm now imaging an alternate universe in which Miz-Bryan are a main-event feud and the build to Mania 33 emulates X-Seven. I'm now very sad. 

1 hour ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

Bret-Shawn, maybe? CM Punk and Cena had that vibe to it. I think WWE screwed the pooch not turning that into a true rivalry. It would have been the company's best since Rock-Austin. Speaking of...

You could make an interesting case for Rock-Austin. Rock came from a family entrenched in the business, won a national championship at The U so had some serious sports credentials, debuted in WWF (more or less; not really counting the cup of coffee Flex Kavana had in Memphis). He was pushed to the moon immediately and always mapped out for greatness. 

Austin, in contrast, was a college football player...on some very bad Division I-AA teams. He started in the territories, driving from Texas to Tennessee and working for peanuts. He gets his break in WCW, only to get shit-canned and have to essentially go back to the indies in ECW. 

I'm now imaging an alternate universe in which Miz-Bryan are a main-event feud and the build to Mania 33 emulates X-Seven. I'm now very sad. 

What? No! Gosh, the answer is obvious. It's Hogan and Ultimate Warrior.

One represents the USA and has red, white, and blue running through his veins, the other is from Parts Unknown and has the energy created by the churning celestial gyre at the center of our universe coursing through his body.

One puts you on his back when the waves crash in and he backstrokes you to safety, the other takes your lifeless body to the dark depths of space and time.

Skullet vs Full Head of Hair.

Dianabol vs Deca durbolin.

Leg Drop vs Splash.

So yeah. Totally Hogan and Warrior.

• Like 9

Cobb is my favorite non-Mysterio worker in LU, but dude looks like a broke-dick Abyss as Matanza, so whenever he's done with LU, I hope he throws that whole gimmick to the bushes.