DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I think the original reference was Beavis and Butthead but I'll gladly take a divergence into Dead Milkmen territory.

Ziggler is absolutely Stuart from Beavis & Butthead, but thinks he's Todd. We've discussed this before, probably around the time of his never-ending series against The Miz.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Take the recent Miz feud as an example, I have no problem believing the Miz pretty much booked the whole thing, it got Ziggler red-hot, his career was on the line and he won! Then... nothing.

I think he could've been given more of a chance there after his big win, but they put the title back on Miz after just one month.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't use Twitter. Otherwise I would.

I have Twitter but don't post on it much.

So...since he doesn't have Twitter then I guess it's fair game for a Seinfeld fan to tell Veda about here.  I would, but I'm not into the show on the level you folks are.

9 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

it got Ziggler red-hot, his career was on the line and he won! Then... nothing.

Sub out Ziggler for a multitude of other guys on the roster and you have WWE creative in a nutshell.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Sub out Ziggler for a multitude of other guys on the roster and you have WWE creative in a nutshell.

right. there's a distinction between ziggler being lousy and how he has been booked. i don't think he was ever given an opportunity to really solidify himself when he was actually hot. it's easy now when his act is so tired to point to things not working. 

• Like 1

Just now, JohnnyJ said:

right. there's a distinction between ziggler being lousy and how he has been booked. i don't think he was ever given an opportunity to really solidify himself when he was actually hot. it's easy now when his act is so tired to point to things not working. 

Past the concussion, a lot of that was his own fault for not listening to instruction.

When I first got back into the WWE, I had heard that Hennig's kid was was wrestling. I didn't know that Dolph was a repackaged Spirit Squad kid yet and assumed that Ziggler was Perfect Jr. This was due to the insane flips he'd take on being fingerpoked, and the curly hair. 

Y'all are forgetting the time Ziggler's push was cooled off (this is according to Meltzer) because his brother ripped the WWE after they released him and Vince retaliated by putting the brakes on Dolph.

Honestly, I liked Dolph's early years with the company a lot.  People really didn't turn on him until his blah career as a babyface.  I think sometime after turning face, he realized he hit his ceiling and got bored and complacent.  At times, Meltzer makes him sound less engaged than Randy Orton.

I'm kinda surprised he's still with the company.  There was a lot of speculation he was leaving last time his contract expired.  Stand-up seems to be a somewhat viable option for him, and the little I've heard of him outside WWE TV makes it sound like he'd rather be doing standiup.  I was surprised either party had much interest in signing a new deal.

3 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Honestly, I liked Dolph's early years with the company a lot.  People really didn't turn on him until his blah career as a babyface.  I think sometime after turning face, he realized he hit his ceiling and got bored and complacent.  At times, Meltzer makes him sound less engaged than Randy Orton.

I'm kinda surprised he's still with the company.  There was a lot of speculation he was leaving last time his contract expired.  Stand-up seems to be a somewhat viable option for him, and the little I've heard of him outside WWE TV makes it sound like he'd rather be doing standiup.  I was surprised either party had much interest in signing a new deal.

I thought that it kind of had a correlation when his contract expired and when the opinions changed on Ziggler. 

Before that, Ziggler had been on the verge of being a big star and had seemed to be on the verge of becoming a breakout player. Even when Rusev/Ziggler was terrible and nearly killed off Rusev, there was still a feeling "If Dolph Ziggler just jumped to another company- New Japan, ROH, Lucha Underground, TNA...he'd be the biggest star in the company and THEY'D make him a big name!"

After he resigned with WWE, that basically was as close to a wrestler saying outright they had the same viewpoint as Barry Windham from earlier in this of "as long as he has a hot girl on his arm, five grand in his pocket and a sports car to drive, he's happy"...but this time it was enough to say "Okay, we can respect Ziggler's choice. We'll give up on you as a potential mega-star now." 

14 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm not on Twitter either but now I'm considering it.  Oh mama.

This is going to be like George trying to meet Marisa Tomei.  I just have that feeling. I don't know why.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This is going to be like George trying to meet Marissa Tomei.  I just have that feeling. I don't know why.

Because if you count talking to Randy the Ram backstage, both Marisa and Veda have worked ROH shows?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This is going to be like George trying to meet Marissa Tomei.  I just have that feeling. I don't know why.

Niners, don't tell her about being engaged to Susan.

If you need to tell her something, tell her about how manure is actually a combination of two good things. You've got the "ma," then the "newer." Ma-nure.

I bet that line works like a charm.

• Like 6

They might've considered signing her, but would've changed her name, you know, because fans would confuse her for Shane's wife. 

Vince probably just saw My Cousin Vinny. 

"God damn it! Why wasn't I Vinny!?"