DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

11 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

It's a somehow more obnoxious form of smoking. 

*edited to add*

Please nobody reply telling me how "it's healthier" and blah blah blah. I don't fucking care. 

There's vape shops everywhere. It's very obnoxious. 

2 hours ago, Mike Zeidler said:

Vaping has helped a number of friends quit smoking, including @OSJ, so I can't be against it.

I will say this though: I was a pack a day smoker for about ten years and finally quit smoking 6 years ago, with the help of counseling and the nicotine patch. I have a few friends who vape and have tried to get me to vape because it's a safer or whatever and I shouldn't have to give up nicotine just because I quit smoking. I have to tell them that it's basically the equivalent of going up to a alcoholic and saying "Hey I know you drank a ton of vodka but beer is way safer"

• Like 2

Yeah, if you use e-cigarettes to help wean yourself off tobacco, great. But if you "vape" (say, in the ELEVATOR OF MY APARTMENT BUILDING) because it's cool then I hope you fall off something high enough to hurt but not so high as to kill you.

Although I'm amused I didn't realize Show was an actual smoker, despite the Smoking Giant gimmick from WCW. ("Don't you realize those will stunt your growth?")

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Log said:

Re: Alexa Bliss and #vape:

That's not Bliss' instagram account. So, it's probably some fan that likes to vape. 

It looks like a fan account sure but we were just perplexed by the insane amount of hashtags and how they relate to the video. 

If this thread makes it to page 10 before being locked it will be a bigger upset than Mississippi State beating the UCONN women in the Final Four.

• Like 5

Breezedango need their own cop show on the network. They also deserve a raise for "That's Jeywalking! And Jimmywalking".

It does still hurt a little that I have the same opinion on them as Disco Inferno does, but I am dealing with that. Weeeewoooooo Weeeeeewooooo for tag champions!!!

• Like 4

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic
  • RIPPA pinned this topic

So.... anyway....

This will be great for the Titus Brand

Thaddeus Bullard, who works as Titus O'Neil in WWE, had a lawsuit filed against him in Los Angeles County Superior Court stemming from a incident filming the WWE Network show "Swerved".

TMZ originally broke the story.

Donald Anderson, who worked on the show as a cameraman, claimed the incident took place on May 18, 2015, and is suing for more than $1.2 million in damages.

According to his complaint, Bullard was zapped with an electric shock as part of the show. Anderson claimed that when that happened, Bullard kicked the camera out of his hands, causing serious inury to his hand, fingers, and wrist. 

Anderson said that when it happened, he was told to leave the premises immediately for fear of further attacks.

As of now, the 40-year-old Bullard has not commented on the suit. A former University of Florida football player, he was signed by WWE in 2009. After spending time in FCW, he was part of NXT's second season and was officially called up to the main roster in April 2012.

• RIPPA unlocked this topic
59 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So.... anyway....

This will be great for the Titus Brand

I bet Vince is dying to do an in-ring firing of Titus that turns out to be legit, like Rob Conway's did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I bet Vince is dying to do an in-ring firing of Titus that turns out to be legit, like Rob Conway's did.

With all his philanthropy and upcoming TED Talk Titus O'Neil wouldn't be hurting if he left the WWE. I'm sure his WWE career would lead to Impact scooping him up in a heart beat and he'd do alright in Japan I'd believe. Sure his limited in the ring but he is oozing personally and I think the Japanese would eat that up. He's turning 40 and his wrestling career is probably winding down, why not spend his last 5 years or so as a wrestler Wrestling a Japan on a handful of tours in Japan having fun while making his speaking engagements in the U.S.

That's what I was thinking and he might be better in the ring then Sapp was. If the WWE lets O'Neil go anytime soon New Japan should make an offer. And O'Neil due to his friendship with Dave might get a cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. 

The climate in Japan has changed a lot since the Sapp years. New Japan is really the only promotion still bringing in a lot of Americans as most promotions are on a tighter budget, and his age would work against him anywhere. He would probably need a connection, like if he was friends with someone that knew Joey Ryan he may be able to get a shot at DDT, but that's about it. I would think TNA would be a better choice with their work schedule, that is assuming he even would still be interested in wrestling if WWE ever released him, he may be ready to move on at that point or just cash in on an occasional indie show. Leaving on long trips to Japan isn't for everyone.

18 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

But yeah you're right he might not even want to wrestle anymore.

He probably doesn't even need to. He seems like a level guy, who has saved his money over the years, and can just run the circuit, with the occasional convention and speech appearance, for a quick paycheck. 

• Like 1

Yeah he'll do just fine after wrestling. It's more so that I feel like he's he's limited in the ring and only knows the WWE style but I feel like with his charisma he could have been a bigger star then he was presented in the WWE. And he could go off and prove that but hey maybe he's lees vindictive than I am.