DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Kalisto Is Garbage Like All of You - 4/24/2017

Dolfan in NYC

35 minutes ago, zev said:

They can have a match over who gets to use the move when RAW has Billy Bob Thornton as a guest host.

Only if Tanahashi runs in at the end and lays both of them out for stealing his move.

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Didn't Jeff Hardy use some variation of it first?

Maybe. I just know everyone is real mad about Seth stealing knees from Kenny Omega and sling blades from Finn, but no one is coming to the defense of Buff Bagwell getting the blockbuster stolen from him by Seth.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

Maybe. I just know everyone is real mad about Seth stealing knees from Kenny Omega and sling blades from Finn, but no one is coming to the defense of Buff Bagwell getting the blockbuster stolen from him by Seth.

Didn't Bagwell borrow the blockbuster from Nova? 

He used the Nova Blast as a finisher for like five seconds before using the Krunch full time.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Seth has been using it since before Finn came in. Why should he stop now? Its not like Finn invented the move.

He's been using it forever though and the Sling Blade isn't the used to be protected now everyone breaks it out now move like a Superkick or a DDT.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J.T. said:

He's been using it forever though and the Sling Blade isn't the used to be protected now everyone breaks it out now move like a Superkick or a DDT.

When was it ever the DDT or superkick? It wasn't that for Jeff or Tanahashi.

57 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Didn't Bagwell borrow the blockbuster from Nova? 

He used the Nova Blast as a finisher for like five seconds before using the Krunch full time.

Nova invented everything.  

I've seen a few comments here and there saying how WWE has ruined Bayley, or how it isn't her fault and I just have to say something:  She's been actively poor if not outright bad on Raw.  The booking around her isn't good but we've all seen tons of cases where that is the case sadly, even then if the person is decent you get some sort of sense of that.  There is none of that with Bayley.  She is bad on the mic even by the standards of the women's division.  She's usually having mediocre to poor matches (I liked the Charlotte title switch, I think it was mainly due to Charlotte).  Most of her offense is bad, I actually don't mind the belly to belly finish as it is one of the only moves she throws that looks halfway decent.

There is a lot of truth to the thought that certain acts are in a way hurt by NXT as moving them onto a new show without the backstory and build just doesn't work.  I think Bayley might be a good example of this.  Still... even ignoring all the stuff outside of her control she has been bad at all the things she does control.  Better booking would be nice but if she crashes and burns a lot of it will be her fault.  Blame the booking too, but I think using it to excuse how subpar she has been isn't exactly fair.  Quite frankly I'm not sure if better booking would be enough without her improving dramatically.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beech27 said:

Semantics, but the knee isn't Omega's finisher. It's also not just the knee strike that's the same--yes, plenty of guys hve done that--but the wrist clutch setup too. So far as I know, Omega did invent the move Rollins is doing.

Ah, duly noted. Either way, it just looks like another finisher Rollins seemingly can't do properly. Which is quickly becoming par for the course with the guy.

51 minutes ago, username said:

I've seen a few comments here and there saying how WWE has ruined Bayley, or how it isn't her fault and I just have to say something:  She's been actively poor if not outright bad on Raw.  The booking around her isn't good but we've all seen tons of cases where that is the case sadly, even then if the person is decent you get some sort of sense of that.  There is none of that with Bayley.  She is bad on the mic even by the standards of the women's division.  She's usually having mediocre to poor matches (I liked the Charlotte title switch, I think it was mainly due to Charlotte).  Most of her offense is bad, I actually don't mind the belly to belly finish as it is one of the only moves she throws that looks halfway decent.

There is a lot of truth to the thought that certain acts are in a way hurt by NXT as moving them onto a new show without the backstory and build just doesn't work.  I think Bayley might be a good example of this.  Still... even ignoring all the stuff outside of her control she has been bad at all the things she does control.  Better booking would be nice but if she crashes and burns a lot of it will be her fault.  Blame the booking too, but I think using it to excuse how subpar she has been isn't exactly fair.  Quite frankly I'm not sure if better booking would be enough without her improving dramatically.

I'm also one to never be a big Bayley fan... or Sasha, for that matter. Becky and Charlotte were always the superior of that quartet. 

Becky might be the most complete women's wrestler they've had since Molly Holly.

• Like 6

@username It's a fair assessment regarding Bayley and you make good points.  The promos in NXT were meant to be awkward at times because her character started off as this awe-struck awkward girl wanting to play with robots and stuff.  It had a weird charm to it that the fans liked about her.  And while she was able to cut good promos in NXT I think that part of her character got lost in translation.  It might sound like an odd excuse for her actually cutting bad promos (she's admitted many times to not being good at them)  But if you cover it so it works for her character then it can be forgiven to a degree.  Going back to how she should have been brought into Raw if she came in now awestruck at seeing folks like HHH and Jericho that might have helped establish who she is.  By bringing her in the way they did it did her no favors.

As for in-ring I'll give you that.  I can say though in NXT she's gotten good matches out of women that aren't known for being good.  A lot of it was the story of the match and also having time to rehearse and get it right.  With her being on the road there might not be that time to prepare that helped make for great matches in NXT.  It's not meant to be an excuse for her being bad because the execution of moves isn't always the best.  And being compared to Becky certainly doesn't help her case.

12 hours ago, GodzillaPerez said:

So everyone owes JTG money(...money, yeah yeah)

We tried to pay him back when he worked for the WWE, but he'd never answer his phone for some reason.  Eventually we had to quit calling and move on.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nate said:

How many finishers has Seth gone through already, since NXT to now?

If I remember right, it was God's Last Gift before NXT, then...

Avada Kedavra

(I don't know that he ever used the Buckle bomb as a finish, but maybe)

Springboard knee strike (don't remember a name for this)

(Shield Powerbomb, if that counts)

Curb Stomp

That double underhook faceplant thing, for five minutes

Phoenix Splash (has been consistent as a secondary finish)

Pedigree

And now, the rain-trigger

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I'm also one to never be a big Bayley fan... or Sasha, for that matter. Becky and Charlotte were always the superior of that quartet. 

Becky might be the most complete women's wrestler they've had since Molly Holly.

Yeah, the best thing I can say about Bayley or Sasha on the main roster is that I feel vindicated for thinking MM16 was a bunch of crap.

I don't even know what you do with the Raw women's division right now. Best I can come up with is you have Bayley drop the belt to Alexa and do the Sasha heel turn. You run heel Alexa as champ against tweener/force of nature Nia, see if Sasha-Bayley can work on the main roster, and run Emma-Dana as your third feud until Asuka drops the NXT title and comes up to kill everybody. I know a lot of people have been assuming Asuka-to-SDL but at this point I think Raw could use her a lot more...

• Like 2

You say you feel vindicated @The Comedian about March Madness but is it their fault of the writers fault?  Sasha still had a hell of a year against Charlotte in-ring.  I think she works better as a heel but she was pretty damn good in that feud.  The lines she is given on the main roster...  ooof.  On NXT her and Bayley both had defined characters. They knew who they were and they made it work. RAW creative makes nearly everyone sound terrible. 

• Like 2

Told my son that Kalisto(one of his favorite wrestlers) challenged Braun to a dumpster match because he's a fucking man and he doesn't want to be treated like garbage.

Then we watched the match and poor little guy was getting tossed around like a bitch and we were getting uncomfortable watching the massacre.

Then he won, and we cheered.

Then those chokeslams from the mat happened and we wondered why all the other wrestlers were pussys and couldn't come out to help Kalisto. Kalisto is a real man.

The dumpster off the stage was kinda pathetic considering the drop is like 9 inches. And you could clearly see the padding inside the dumpster. Terry Funk laughs at this spot. Now if Braun was strong enough to lift an ambulance, he should have been strong enough to play flip cup with a dumpster with Kalisto inside. THAT would have been awesome. 

• Like 7