DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Kalisto Is Garbage Like All of You - 4/24/2017

Dolfan in NYC

16 hours ago, EVA said:

Boy, was Seth's new Rainmaker finish not over at all.

Perhaps the crowd wanted to make sure that Karl's orbital bone was not shattered before signaling their approval with applause?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, MADCAP said:

Matter of fact, ALL the whole women's division promos sound read straight off of a script  

I think Becky Lynch is the exception here. She's the opposite of stilted and robotic when she speaks. She sounds like she's making things up as she goes along.

• Like 1

Wow, what a terrible show last night. I was only interested in seeing BRAUN vs. Kalisto and figured they would at least have Roman do a run in so Kalisto could win/not die. The whole tossing off the stage thing was amusing. They could have at least had him wheel him to the back to a garbage truck and threaten to put him in the trash. That would have been a bit more amusing.

The only funny part of the tag match at the end was the backstage bit when The Drifter walked on by and Angle is all "so it's him". I honestly think they got something with The Drifter if they understood a thing about how much country music fans hate faux outlaw country singers. Make him all like Luke Bryan and he will be a huge heel. Of course that would involve putting thought into a lower card guy and, I doubt they'd want to do that.

That main even though...wow, it was bad. And Bray just being so random coming out. He was doing so much better on Smackdown. Now all that gone.

1 hour ago, Sammo~! said:

That's a good point though. If they want to get Seth's new finish over they should bring up how Seth rearranged Cena's face with his knee and really sell it as a dangerous maneuver.

He missed his chance to name it something cool like The Kingslayer after murdering HHH with it at WrestleMania.

Now it's just the mysterious unnamed finisher that once broke a man's nose for reals.

My post that looked like a joke wasn't actually a joke.  As you say, Rollins injured Cena with a high knee strike and I was totally shocked that Karl Anderson signed on to take the match home like that knowing what happens to people when Seth gets sloppy.

• Like 1

Considering what Seth did to Cena's face with a knee, I'm surprised anyone would want to take that finish now that they don't really see the knee coming.

Bray Wyatt is so dead in the water on RAW. It's like when they moved King Booker and had nothing to do for him. 

Finn also looks to be in a terrible spot. Needs a story.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Finn also looks to be in a terrible spot. Needs a story.

Hopefully Finn will be turning heel by SummerSlam and forming a legit Balor Club with Anderson and Gallows.

I was kinda sorta hoping that was going to happen last night at the expense of Enzo's face on the end of someone's boot and Seth getting his arm wrapped around a turnbuckle.

I am doing my best to kayfabe reason away Finn helping the man that put him out of action by injuring his shoulder with the "gain trust then stab in the back" heel psychology.

2 minutes ago, MADCAP said:

I was hoping he was gonna turn during the match. 

I was hoping that Finn was going to level Seth after the mother fucker used the Sling Blade.

• Like 1

I wonder how attached Matt Hardy is to the Broken Hardys gimmick?  I assume WWE eventually works out something with TNA to get control of the gimmick free and clear, but the gimmick worked in TNA in large part because Matt had a lot of creative control.  I'm guessing he'll have little to no creative input once WWE gets control of it, and it will be up to Creative to craft something watchable.

If I'm Matt, I'm watching Creative fail miserably with Bayley, and not feeling very confident they'll figure out how to make Broken Matt work.  Then I'm reading Metlzer and hearing how Vince wants to push Jeff as a solo act.  And I'm picturing teaming with R-Truth six months down the road and doing a bed-wetting gimmick four months after that,

Signing with the 'E will probably be worth it for the Hardys financially, but I'm not counting on lightning striking the Broken Hardys twice.

Re: Bayley, i expected them to botch her on the main roster, but seeing it play out is even more ridiculous than I expected.  The problem is that Bayley's gimmick is/should be an a pure babyface and no one in the company remembers how to book an actual babyface anymore.  In 2017, Vince would probably book Randy Savage trying to crush Ricky Steamboat's trachea with the ring bell as Steamboat's heel turn.

• Like 3

I was one of the people calling Alexa the next Trish.  I thought she had a lot of crossover potential and still do. She does have a ways to go in the ring but she's improving. 

I want to talk about Seth Rollins for a second. I know, I know..  but man, if you are going to lift some moves from Japan can you at least execute them well?  This is something I don't see discussed often enough.  Move execution.  It's one of the main reasons why I never thought Punk was best in the world. You cannot be the best if your offense looks like complete shit. AJ Styles is rightly the best in the world and part of that is because every move he executes, every bump he takes, everything is so damn smooth and crisp, he makes everyone around him look better for it. Back to Seth, he already has plenty of moves. Moves is not the issue. His character work (what IS his character anyway?) is just awful and boring. Work on that. More character, less moves. 

18 hours ago, piranesi said:

New Bechdel Test for WWE shows:

1) Were two or more black wrestlers in a scene with no white wrestlers?

2) If yes, did they immediately form a tag team?

3) If no, did they immediately start feuding?

4) If no, were they advertising chicken or caffeine pills?

This needs to be expounded on and published, perhaps in a journal.  I may have to steal this.

10 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

His new finisher is similar to something Kenny Omega does, as I'm told.

I did not know that New Japan had the rights to all knee related finishers. 

This will deal a severe blow to the legacies of HHH, Brutus Beefcake, William Regal, and the late Mr. Wrestling.

His new finish is he does Okada's Rainmaker set up but he does Kenny Omega's V-Trigger jumping knee instead of a clothesline.

it really makes no sense.  As silly as the Rainmaker can look, you can at least kinda justify it by saying he's adding momentum or torque to a standard short-arm clothesline with the spin.  But here, Seth let's go of the arm so he can do the knee strike, so the spin really serves no purpose.

Bwah.  The fucking Rainmaker is pretty much Jake the Snake Robert's short arm lariat set-up for the DDT delivered from the blind side and if we all had a dollar for every worker that used some version of a knee trembler as a finsher, we'd all be rich.

My problem with that finisher isn't the idea of gimmick infringement.  Seth nearly cracked a man's skull with a head on knee strike, so why in the hell is he being allowed to use a knee strike that hits a guy from the blind side?  That's fucking nuts!

• Like 2

Semantics, but the knee isn't Omega's finisher. It's also not just the knee strike that's the same--yes, plenty of guys hve done that--but the wrist clutch setup too. So far as I know, Omega did invent the move Rollins is doing. (Which is fine. But let's be accurate. This isn't what Regal or Triple H did at all.)

9 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

But let's be accurate. This isn't what Regal or Triple H did at all.

A running or standing knee finisher is a running or standing knee finisher. 

Workers and shooters have been using them to kill dudes since the beginning.

Possible gimmick infringement charges could reasonably be filed against CM Punk for using the Go 2 Sleep or against that WWE dude that was OBVIOUSLY riffing the Busaiku Knee Kick.

Two separate guys were getting mileage out of both of KENTA's finisher even when he was right there in NXT.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

A running or standing knee finisher is a running or standing knee finisher.

I don't know... in Japan at least, it seems a wrist clutch makes anything a +1 finisher. At least that was the lesson I took from NOAH's peak years.

• Like 5

I don't really have a problem with him lifting the move beyond the fact that it's the most Seth Rollins thing Seth Rollins could do.

It just looked shitty and didn't draw any kind of reaction and he'll probably break someone's face with it eventually.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EVA said:

I don't really have a problem with him lifting the move beyond the fact that it's the most Seth Rollins thing Seth Rollins could do.

Precisely, he's in the same match as Finn on the same six man tag-team as Finn AND SETH FUCKING BREAKS OUT THE SLING BLADE.

Finn had to have thrown up in his mouth a little during that spot.

36 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Precisely, he's in the same match as Finn on the same six man tag-team as Finn AND SETH FUCKING BREAKS OUT THE SLING BLADE.

Finn had to have thrown up in his mouth a little during that spot.

Seth has been using it since before Finn came in. Why should he stop now? Its not like Finn invented the move.