DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Kalisto Is Garbage Like All of You - 4/24/2017

Dolfan in NYC

8 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

If Braun was as good as people on this board think he is, then it won't matter if he loses to Roman. Also he jobbed to Kalisto right before Payback, he's going over on Sunday

If that match is going last, I guess they can't do a double DQ or something similar?

2 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

I was slightly disappointed that The Drifter wasn't actually Miz's partner.

Even if he got taken out prior to the match, it would have been worth it just for Graves' tantrum.

I was expecting Big Show, then I remembered he's a face this month.

This is another PPV that's just shaping up to be a bonus episode of Raw.

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's ok. Nobody pays attention to Titus.

He seems to be the background of a lot of UUDD episodes. He was constantly rubbing Sasha's shoulders during the hot pepper thing recently.

New Bechdel Test for WWE shows:

1) Were two or more black wrestlers in a scene with no white wrestlers?

2) If yes, did they immediately form a tag team?

3) If no, did they immediately start feuding?

4) If no, were they advertising chicken or caffeine pills?

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

If Braun was as good as people on this board think he is, then it won't matter if he loses to Roman.

Tell that to Bray Wyatt and Rusev.  Wins and losses matter.   A lot.  You don't want to be seen as a loser. He already lost a 50/50 match with Roman once before. You think Andre the fucking Giant would have been over if he was losing every month? 

• Like 6

Were Hardbody Harrison and Hardwork Bobby Walker the same guy?

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think Titus Brand could work if they actually put some time into it. the dude is money on the microphone. I could see him leading a stable of talent. 

I would totally be down with Titus and Miz as competing talent agents trying to one up and steal away eachother's charges.

26 minutes ago, Cleavy said:

If that match is going last, I guess they can't do a double DQ or something similar?

That's probably the smartest route to go.  Not sure if they'll do it, but it would kick the feud down the road a bit.  And if Roman/Braun nearly kill each other in the process, neither will be hurt by it.

Kudos to Corey Graves and his Garbage Pail Kids joke. That brought back good memories. Slobby Robbie for the win!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Tell that to Bray Wyatt and Rusev.  Wins and losses matter.   A lot.  You don't want to be seen as a loser. He already lost a 50/50 match with Roman once before. You think Andre the fucking Giant would have been over if he was losing every month?  it

Bray Wyatt and Rusev's losses to John Cena weren't the problem. For Bray it was the follow on loss to Jericho as well as the feud with Dean Ambrose that did him in. For Rusev, his big problem was going from John Cena to the Dolph/Summer/Lana angle that actively hurt everyone involved. Losing to Roman Reigns, who is positioned as the top guy in the company, is not the biggest loss in the world. It's the follow on that would be detrimental to Braun's staying power.

I think you are leaving some stuff out there.  Like how Rusev didn't just lose to John Cena, he lost to him on like 3 straight occasions after being undefeated for a year. If you are going to do that, then do it like they did Umaga. Cena beat him the first time on a fluke roll up. Then he pretty much had to survive and kill Umaga in the LMS match who still came off like an unbeatable monster. Cena didn't so much win as he SURVIVED Umaga. 

37 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Titus vs. Crews is the Rule 1.5-iest feud WWE's done in quite some time.  We just need to get Darren Young involved again.

Since Dan Rooney just died, I think this is Vince's nod to the Rooney Rule.

11 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think you are leaving some stuff out there.  Like how Rusev didn't just lose to John Cena, he lost to him on like 3 straight occasions after being undefeated for a year. If you are going to do that, then do it like they did Umaga. Cena beat him the first time on a fluke roll up. Then he pretty much had to survive and kill Umaga in the LMS match who still came off like an unbeatable monster. Cena didn't so much win as he SURVIVED Umaga. 

They were 1-1 going into WM that year. :/

I liked the Rollins/Balor/Cass-Club/Joe match until Joe started punching Rollins in his surgically-repaired knee, only to be stopped by Balor, so Rollins just does his springboard whatever without acting like a giant Samoan killing machine was JUST punching him in his surgically-repaired knee!

13 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

If Rusev goes from losing to Cena to being in a feud with Ryback where he wins the IC title he's fine. The only negative there is that Owens went from Cena to Ryback and the IC title while Rusev was in his career killing feud with Ziggler. Another option is turn Rusev babyface and he feuds with Seth Rollins instead of Dean Ambrose feuding with Rollins.

12 minutes ago, caley said:

I liked the Rollins/Balor/Cass-Club/Joe match until Joe started punching Rollins in his surgically-repaired knee, only to be stopped by Balor, so Rollins just does his springboard whatever without acting like a giant Samoan killing machine was JUST punching him in his surgically-repaired knee!

Selling is just something Rollins does to kill time until its time for him to make his Superman comeback and hit all his signature spots

• Like 2