DVDVR Message Board

2017 Summer Blockbuster Movie Pool

S.K.o.S.

• 2 weeks later...

Took me a while to get around to it, but I've now ordered all the prizes that I was responsible for (everything other than Train to Busan, His Girl Friday and Xanadu) through Amazon, and the winners should be getting those discs before the end of September.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2017 at 12:52 PM, S.K.o.S. said:

Took me a while to get around to it, but I've now ordered all the prizes that I was responsible for (everything other than Train to Busan, His Girl Friday and Xanadu) through Amazon, and the winners should be getting those discs before the end of September.

Got Blood Simple in the mail today. Thanks, S.K.o.S.

• Like 1

On 20/9/2017 at 6:52 PM, S.K.o.S. said:

On 20/9/2017 at 6:53 PM, RIPPA said:

Funnily enough - I just remembered today too that I had to send the prizes. So I will let folks know when they go out.

Mine just arrived. Thank you.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2017 at 9:52 AM, RIPPA said:

I just shipped out the three prizes I was responsible for directly from Amazon

I have Prime so they should be delivered on Sunday (Monday I guess if your place doesn't have Sunday delivery)

So @Elsalvajeloco @SorceressKnight @RossWB be on the look out from something from Amazon

Yep, got it today RIPPA.

• Like 1

I think there needs to be a poll to pick out the Xanadu prize in addition to the usual Who Is Worthy? poll we do before the pool starts up.

I think I still have a shrink wrapped copy of Superman IV: The Quest For Peace somewhere in my DVD stash for that very occasion.. 

I may have donated it to Goodwill, though.  Irony.  Making someone else experience that shit is not goodwill.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

When SKOS and I first where talking - I said I was going to do Leonard Part 6

I pretty sure my aversion to putting more money in Bill Cosby's pocket was the reason that stopped me

Yeah, I think that whole 15 cent residual check will probably hit his account sometime in 2035. 

For the Xanadu prize there, if RIPPA was doing this, I was kicking around the thought but will put it out now:

As part of the Xanadu prize, the last-place finisher the year before has to buy the next year's last place finisher prize (not sure if they're bottom-one protected or not.)

So, consider this my offer to do so for next year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SorceressKnight said:

For the Xanadu prize there, if RIPPA was doing this, I was kicking around the thought but will put it out now:

As part of the Xanadu prize, the last-place finisher the year before has to buy the next year's last place finisher prize (not sure if they're bottom-one protected or not.)

So, consider this my offer to do so for next year.

The loser must also review the movie in next year's pool thread as proof that they watched it.

23 hours ago, Ace said:

If you want a shit movie to give out next year... Allow me to introduce you to Neil Breen:

Spoken as if the Breen wasn't my pick for what I'd be sending out if I do send the prize out.

(As far as watching, I have received "Xanadu", and I'm just waiting for the right time to spring it on some friends for bad movie night to get some benefits and more people punished for it.)

• Like 1

• RIPPA unpinned this topic