DVDVR Message Board

The Wrasslin Songs..

While Real American is the gold standard, Hogan's theme before that (off the wrestling album) is awesome in its own right.  Got to show some love for the late 80's-early 90's  electronic WCW theme's, like Sting's, Luger's and especially Doom's. "simply ravishing" is one of the few off slam jam that was worth a damn. . .

Hogan's theme on the Wrestling Album was Bonnie Tyler's "Ravishing" with her lyrics taken out and replaced with the "Hulk!" chant.  I've seen it listed as his NJPW theme but I can't confirm that.

Interestingly, "Ravishing" came out after The Wrestling Album, AFAIK. "Hulk Hogan's Theme" definitely was used at least once in WWF:

• Like 1

5) Samoa Joe's ROH championship reign resulted in now I can't watch Godzilla without some point hearing "bum buh-buh bum, THE CHAMP IS HERE, bum buh, bum buh, THE CHAMP IS HERE ..." and so on.

Every time I read this, I picture Godzilla destroying Tokyo while the downtrodden smark inhabitants of the city line the streets, chanting "THIS IS AWESOME **CLAP CLAP CLAP** THIS IS AWESOME **CLAP CLAP CLAP**"

• Like 1

I still miss Cesaro's generic WCW style theme which most people hated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CJqmk76uj0

"Engerland" wasn't terrible but I thought his theme before that was pretty solid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6HC3nHclY4

Both of those are great but I still prefer the one he used right before joining up with Swagger and Coulter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have to be the only one with fond memories of this music.  It meant that a Thunderfoot or Cruel Connection was in for a beatdown only Jimmy Valiant could provide, followed of course by one of Valiant's friends turning on him for vague reasons.

Hey, he shouldn't have told Pez Whatley he was the best "black" athlete. Should've just stuck with best athlete.