DVDVR Message Board

The Wrasslin Songs..

Was driving home tonight from the local steakhouse when my CD-changer (set on Random) hit one of the best wrestling songs of all time. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaZGrxBvKYU

"Badstreet, Atlanta GA"

In my mind, one of the top 5 "Wrestling songs that you can listen to with your car windows down"

The other four?

Real American (there's still a little kid in me, who can't resist mimicking Hogan poses to this song)

Demolition

Hart Attack

"Self-High Five"

Are we excluding any *real* songs, and only counting custom made stuff/songs actually performed by wrestlers?

Badstreet USA - Michael PS Hayes

Psycho - Konnan & the Mad One

Girls In Cars - Robbie Dupree

Sabu's Theme - Harry Slash & Slashtones

My Baby Tonight - Roaddogg/Jeff Jarrett 

Are we allowed to use actual songs (ie. Cult of Personality, Enter Sandman) for this, or just wrestler tunes?

Make their own categories, otherwise we have stuff like Tom Sawyer (I think Kerry Von Erich used that one in World Class)

Forgot about Sabu's theme. 

I know it's knew but Bray's song was done by a dude who was in the Jesus & Mary Chain, one of the greatest bands of all-time. That wins. I actually played the song for my wife just telling her it was a dude who was in the J&MC before revealing it was a rasslin' song.In terms of traditional wrestling cheeze fests -- Bad Street USA, Bret's latter-day Hart Foundation remix, one of the mid-period Cena things that I'm forgetting, CM Punk's Converge rip off deal.

I'm really digging the Bray Wyatt theme.  SHIELD's theme is a good simple tune that I like too.  While AJ's new gimmick is Sting-lite, the song is really fricking badass.  That is one of my favorites this year.

Man, I love so many wrestling theme songs, it's ridiculous.  I even have a soft spot for the really awful ones that shouldn't be enjoyed like Hillbilly Jim's love ballad from the Piledriver album or that atrocious Trish Stratus song (yes, she's singing) from one of the later albums.

But if we're talking about legit awesome, there's a ton of 80s WWF stuff that gets the nod including the aforementioned Real American, Demolition, and Girls In Cars.  I also love Crank It Up, Jive Soul Bro, and Grab Them Cakes.  When you pop into the 90s, you gotta mention Goldust, The Brood, and of course stuff like DX and Austin.  I particularly enjoy the Run DMC version of the DX theme from one of those albums.

WCW doesn't have as much that's memorable.  nWo, of course.  Hollywood Blondes.  Some of the Horsemen stuff.  I really enjoy the 3 Count theme as a guilty pleasure.  If you go back to the NWA days, the Midnights, the Rock And Rolls, Flair, Freebirds...

From Japan, I'd go with Liger, Kobashi, Kawada, Misawa, Magnum TOKYO, Sasaki, Masato Tanaka.

ECW is a weird one because of all the "real" music but some of those are ingrained in my brain forever.  Gangstas, Taz, Douglas, Awesome.

I'm sure I'm leaving a ton out and will probably need to add more.

These usually found their way into my gym playlists:

Batista - I Walk Alone

Triple H - King of Kings

Edge - Never Gonna Stop

Christian - Close Your Eyes (Waterproof Blonde version)

DX - The Kings Run DMX version

Long before that I had a Mix CD of ECW theme songs but those are real songs.  Labeled it as Extreme Mix and everything!

I have always had a deep love for "Jive Soul Bro" despite its blatantly racist music video. Scorpio's WCW theme remains the best theme of that period imo, I just dug the hell out of it. Seriously though, when it comes WWF 80s themes Dibiase's is king. The evil laugh on "Everybody's Got a Price" makes it aces.

For sheer entertainment value, the cover of The Big Boss Man's theme on that All Japan CD is hilarity unto itself and is right up there with that cover of Kenny Loggins "Danger Zone" on the same disc.

James

• Like 1

While Real American is the gold standard, Hogan's theme before that (off the wrestling album) is awesome in its own right.  Got to show some love for the late 80's-early 90's  electronic WCW theme's, like Sting's, Luger's and especially Doom's. "simply ravishing" is one of the few off slam jam that was worth a damn. . .

• Like 1

"Wrestling only" songs

Badstreet USA

Jive Soul Bro

Vader's WWE song

We're Not the Mounties

Actual songs used as wrestling entrance music

Natural Born Killers

Enter Sandman

Cult of Personality

N'Trance's version of Staying Alive