DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 6/1/17

Always enjoy the big Alberto main events. Didn't think this was quite as good as their last match but still pretty good with a cool finish. Dug both guys' black & red gear. Spud suddenly coming off as the heel in the Swoggle feud is bizarre when he just did what Swoggle did to him first while he was just the ring announcer. Liked Ki/Everett, glad Everett got to look good for a bit in there as I thought he should've won the title from Lee before the change in direction so I hope he doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

What is it with the announcing and totally burying the new knockouts coming in? First it was Rachel Ellering and now Amber Nova. Josh did the trifecta and not only bashed Amber but Allie too. Just took me out of the match. Why should I care about the match if they both are treated like jokes before the match even starts? Speaking of jokes, I don't get the Swoggle/Spud feud. it feels like one of those feuds a writer would book on Raw just to amuse Vince. Main event was good as was the X Division match.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

What is it with the announcing and totally burying the new knockouts coming in? First it was Rachel Ellering and now Amber Nova. Josh did the trifecta and not only bashed Amber but Allie too. Just took me out of the match. Why should I care about the match if they both are treated like jokes before the match even starts? Speaking of jokes, I don't get the Swoggle/Spud feud. it feels like one of those feuds a writer would book on Raw just to amuse Vince. Main event was good as was the X Division match.

The one when Rachael Ellering had her Impact match was brutal.  Match itself was good, but I had the sound on and had to hear Josh and JB yammer on the whole time.  Anymore I mute the TV everytime Josh acts like a dingbat, so even if it's most of the match I'll have it muted.  But it does allow me to actually concentrates on the match(es).

Speaking of the women's match after being a tad...distracted by Amber I saw she was a good heel for Allie to get a win over.  Nice match and it's nice to see Allie acting more like a wrestler and not completely inexperienced.  Teaming with Rosemary puts an interesting twist on the times they've been going at it outside of Impact, and once Allie's character becomes a better wrestler (weird to type since she's actually pretty good) a feud with Rosemary seems natural.

I don't care one bit for Alberto, but it was a nice cage match he had against EC3.  The double stomp even while sitting on top of the cage looked nice and brutal.  And Sydal got bonus points from me for referencing Timothy Leary in the X title video preview.  The match itself was still weird since Andrew was chasing the whole time only to lose, but it was pretty good.  I just wish they let him win the title to tie up that feud with Trevor before switching to Ki and Dutt.

• Like 1