DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 6/1/17

*Taped for Xplosion: Mahabali Shera def. QT Marshall with the Sky High. After the match, KM attacked Shera.
*Taped for Xplosion: Marshe Rockett def. Chris Silvio

Impact Wrestling - Airing June 1 from Orlando, FL

*Ethan Carter III starts the show with his celebration for becoming #1 contender with the Orange Blossom Quartet playing his theme song. EC3 says he's having fun but the fun stops at Slammiversary when he faces Lashley for the title. EC3 has the band play a song about Lashley. Alberto el Patron interrupts followed out by Karen Jarrett, Bruce, Dutch, & Tyrus. They set up the main event of Alberto vs EC3 in a Steel Cage where it will be Alberto's Global Force Championship vs. EC3's Slammiversary title shot at Lashley on the line.

*Moose def. Eli Drake (w/ Chris Adonis) via split decision to retain the Impact Grand Championship. The judges were now Bruce Prichard, Dutch Mantell, & Scott D'Amore.

*Allie (w/ Braxton Sutter) def. Amber Nova

*LAX (Ortiz & Santana w/ Diamante, Homicide, & Konnan) def. The Veterans of War (Mayweather & Wilcox) to win the vacant Global Force Tag Team Championships after the Street Sweeper on Wilcox.

*Low Ki(c) def. Andrew Everett after the Warrior's Way to retain the X Division Championship. Sonjay Dutt did commentary.

*Rockstar Spud dragged Swoggle out from the back and clubbed him with a hammer. Spud was back to wearing his leather jacket and limped away as Swoggle was carried to the back.

*Alberto el Patron(c) def. Ethan Carter III in a Steel Cage Match with a frog splash to retain the Global Force Championship and win EC3's Impact World Title shot against Lashley at Slammiversary.

Granted there is still a month between this and Slammiversary to change it, but I am shocked they had 5 guys in the title picture and didn't set up King of the Mountain.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

One of the Veterans of War is former NWA Heavyweight Champion, Jax Dane.

Not sure if he is Mayweather or Wilcox.

Dane is Wilcox, Mayweather is the former Crimson using his real last name.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Natural said:

So far we've dodged the King of the Martian bullet.

EDIT: Spelling botch but I'm keeping it!

I dunno, I think King of the Martian is going to be their new belt in response to Raw's Universal title.  It would be the one market WWE (or any sane company) wouldn't have cornered yet so yay(?) for originality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

So far we've dodged the King of the Martian bullet.

EDIT: Spelling botch but I'm keeping it!

I think the Hardys were co-Kings of the Martians because their title reign took into consideration all of time and space.

With that said, I wonder if they can face Joey Mercury and Perry Saturn someday.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, zev said:

I think the Hardys were co-Kings of the Martians because their title reign took into consideration all of time and space.

With that said, I wonder if they can face Joey Mercury and Perry Saturn someday.

Mercury and Saturn's entrance theme would be performed by Motley Crue's Mick Mars.

• Like 3

On Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 7:41 PM, DreamBroken said:

*Rockstar Spud dragged Swoggle out from the back and clubbed him with a hammer. Spud was back to wearing his leather jacket and limped away as Swoggle was carried to the back.

Ah classic TNA (I don't care if they changed their name...it's still TNA).  Repackage a guy as an announcer for NO REASON WHATSOEVER, stick to it for 2-3 months, then have him randomly in a feud.  This just screams: "We paid for Hornswoggle...we're gonna have to do SOMETHING with him!"  I'm a little surprised he didn't get added to Decay, in all honesty.

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

Spud is still mad that Swoggle screwed up their chances at the Tag Team Apocolypto.

That would be continuity...on a wrestling show. How is this possible?

On 4/25/2017 at 4:44 PM, zev said:

That would be continuity...on a wrestling show. How is this possible?

Can you have continuity if the stuff you did in the middle was so completely off the path?  I mean unless the storyline is that Spud losing to Swoggle made him turn into Aaron Rex life partner and then ultimately a faceless ring announcer.

Kind of fascinating to think that of all the teams in that Hardy deal:
-Hardyz (Gone!)
-Decay (Steve is gone, Abyss is back to playing Park)
-DCC (Split up)
-Lee/Everett (Split up)
-the various indie teams involved (never brought back)

On 4/25/2017 at 3:06 PM, caley said:

Ah classic TNA (I don't care if they changed their name...it's still TNA).  Repackage a guy as an announcer for NO REASON WHATSOEVER, stick to it for 2-3 months, then have him randomly in a feud.  This just screams: "We paid for Hornswoggle...we're gonna have to do SOMETHING with him!"  I'm a little surprised he didn't get added to Decay, in all honesty.

Pretty sure Spud is in the middle of a revenge burial for making that video where he made fun of Jarrett right after he left the last time.

5 hours ago, Ace said:

Like Jarrett or Anthem can afford to alienate anybody.

There will always be some poor sap wrestler willing to buy whatever snake oil Jarrett is selling. 

Come to TNA, we're gonna be the next big thing in wrestling!

Come back to TNA, we're moving to Monday and going head to head with Raw!

Come to GFW, we're gonna be the next big thing in wrestling!

Come back to TNA, err Impact, err AWE. We're gonna make Impact great this time!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, caley said:

Kind of fascinating to think that of all the teams in that Hardy deal:
-Hardyz (Gone!)
-Decay (Steve is gone, Abyss is back to playing Park)
-DCC (Split up)
-Lee/Everett (Split up)
-the various indie teams involved (never brought back)

Weren't most of the indie teams murdered by Decay?  Kayfabe.  Did scribe ever dump thier bodies in the Lake of reincarnation like I suggested?

Yeah - they pretty much murdered the entire CWF Mid-Atlantic tag team division

I think the only ones who survived where the Bravado Brothers

And don't forget that Spud/Swoggle were technically a tag team during Apocalypto. They didn't even make it through the match before feuding

And of course: Rock N Roll Express (Inducted into WWE Hall of Fame)

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I am tired and need to go home. 

Whenever you put The Bravado Brothers in your posts, I keep reading it as The Brahman Brothers and suddenly I am excited about them working a match with LAX.

But then I catch myself since you also mention CWF Mid Atlantic and the idea of the Shu and Kei working National Guard armories in the Carolinas is pretty hilarious.