DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 5/25/17

41 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Yep, former NWA Heavyweight Champion who dropped the belt to work shows for Ring of Honor.

What compelled him to show up here is anybody's guess.

Dropped that title to work shows for a Northeastern promotion? Maybe he's a big Shane Douglas fan.

Why'd he show up for Impact? It's the new Nitro.

29 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Ok. Global Gold, 24 Karen Jarett 8 x 11's, and a signed Jeff Jarrett Slapnuts guitar

Exactly.  Dane will end up being paid in Global Gold, guitar picks, and tassels.

• Like 1

Nah, he's not an NWA supporter. He's still sore they worked shows with the AWA back when Verne was demanding a fifth of Hogan's t-shirt money and Japan tour pay. Brother.

3 hours ago, Thibs said:

Looks like WWE is hiring more "talented free agents" that used to work in TNA. Gunner is next.

Samoa Joe was a talented free agent. I always associated Joe more with ROH anyway. Joe got to TNA because of his ROH run. Gunner falls under "eh, why not?".

The "pay on time thing" is a moot at this point.

Regarding Joe, I think he's slow, plodding and a shell of himself. And his reaction from the crowd has been shoddy at best. 

The talents certainly aren't wrong for going to WWE-- not at all. Just saying that if roles were reversed, Impact would be tarred and feathered for bringing in WWE castoffs.

2 hours ago, Thibs said:

The "pay on time thing" is a moot at this point.

Regarding Joe, I think he's slow, plodding and a shell of himself. And his reaction from the crowd has been shoddy at best. 

The talents certainly aren't wrong for going to WWE-- not at all. Just saying that if roles were reversed, Impact would be tarred and feathered for bringing in WWE castoffs.

Kind of like what TNA has done from day one? 

44 minutes ago, Zartan said:

Kind of like what TNA has done from day one? 

Sure-- like WWE is doing now. 

If you look at it objectively, they've done a decent job of rehabing certain careers that were going nowhere in WWE. Idk why that's considered a bad thing. 

Guys like EC3, Lashley, Eli Drake (not so much lately). Guys like Christian and Tomko back in the day. 

On 4/25/2017 at 11:54 AM, Thibs said:

Looks like WWE is hiring more "talented free agents" that used to work in TNA. Gunner is next.

Gunner wants to work full time?  I thought he caught the acting / stuntman bug and semi-retired?

Big Poppa Pump still rules! Shera/Sutter vs. KM/Kongo was a fun cluster of a tag but the post-match was awesome. Loved everyone involved's expressions, Sienna especially is great and Rosemary's always the best. Enjoyed the mixed tag, always a big fan of Alisha and the main event was solid as well.

On 4/24/2017 at 6:47 AM, Sammo~! said:

I mean yeah WWE is hiring talented free agents and paying them on time, but at least they aren't going "That Claire Lynch thing seemed to go well for TNA, lets do that"

I seem to recall WWE did their own version of Claire Lynch when they had Daniel Bryan's physiotherapist pretend they were having an affair just after he won the title.

1 hour ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

I seem to recall WWE did their own version of Claire Lynch when they had Daniel Bryan's physiotherapist pretend they were having an affair just after he won the title.

That was Chelsea Green, aka Laurel Van Ness, btw. 

• Like 1

I tuned in just for the Steiner segment. Haven't watched Impact in weeks, but I loves me some Scott Steiner. Hard to tell how much he's aged since he was covered in chain mail and leather but that Steiner Recliner didn't look so hot. And they kept cutting away to extreme closeups of Borash and Park making really goofy "I'm so surprised or maybe I have diarrhea?" faces. Which was hilarious and awesome for the wrong reasons. I have a feeling the tag match is going to be a total stinker with broken down Joseph Park and retired Scott Steiner having to carry non-wrestler JB and not-really-a-wrestler-anymore-but-can-probably-still-take-a-bump Josh Matthews. It's going to be a slow motion car crash and my only interest in it isn't from the story building to it, but from morbid curiosity about how much of a mess it's going to be. Didn't watch any of the show outside of the Steiner segment. Still at this point I'd rather just have Scott come out and cut insane rambling promos than see him wrestle. A 15 minute Scott Steiner fever dream promo would be 1000% better than another boring Bruce Prichard segment.