DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 5/18/17

*Taped for Xplosion: Mahabali Shera def. Marshe Rockett via DQ when Rockett pushed the ref.
*Taped for Xplosion: KM def. Joe Coleman

Impact Wrestling - Airing May 18, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*LAX def. Garza Jr. & Laredo Kid to advance in the Global Force tag team title tournament

*Kongo Kong (w/ Laurel Van Ness, Sienna, & KM) def. Braxton Sutter. After the match, they beat down Sutter until Mahabali Shera makes the save. Sutter got the mic and made a challenge for a tag team match next week.

*James Storm def. Ethan Carter III via DQ when EC3 attacked the ref and whipped him with his belt. Magnus did commentary and was ejected after arguing with Storm. After the match, Magnus came back to attack Storm until Bruce Prichard came out and announced a triple threat match next week for #1 contendership. Bruce tells EC3 that he told him to look in the mirror and find himself, instead he should find his balls. EC3 then attacked Bruce and left him laying.

*Sienna (w/ KM) def. ODB to retain the Global Force Women's Championship

*Jeremy Borash is reinstated at commentary thanks to his lawyer, Joseph Park. Park & Mathews get into an argument on the mic, setting up Joseph Park & Jeremy Borash vs. Josh Mathews & a partner at Slammiversary.

*Low Ki def. Andrew Everett & Trevor Lee in an Ultimate X match to retain the X Division Championship.

Thank god he's back to being Joseph Park. He's so broken down now that the clumsy, awkward style he uses as Park works much better for him than still trying to be the "Monster"

• Like 2

On 4/23/2017 at 6:34 AM, DreamBroken said:

*Jeremy Borash is reinstated at commentary thanks to his lawyer, Joseph Park. Park & Mathews get into an argument on the mic, setting up Joseph Park & Jeremy Borash vs. Josh Mathews & a partner at Slammiversary.

This motherfucking company will just never learn...

• Like 1

Solid stuff from the opening tag and Storm/EC3. Diamante interfering for LAX with a diving rana ruled. Kongo/Braxton was also pretty good for being much shorter but well executed match. Ultimate X was real fun with lots of cool spots throughout. Exciting finishing stretch and I dug Helms involvement, busting out the old top rope swing neckbreaker.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Beating up Bruce Prichard should make a person the biggest face in the company.

No matter how he's portrayed for doing that he's a face in my book.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sin Carne said:

I realise he's a heel, but that ripped jeans, jacket and tie combo Josh was wearing ffs.

And remember, this guy had a fashion podcast.  Even before turning heel some of his choices were a bit strange.

So I'm not sure exactly what Laurel Van Ness put in Mike Bennett's coffee to transform him into Kongo Kong, but she really shouldn't have let Maria Kanellis have some of it too. Her initials are the wrong way round now and everything.

Surprised more people aren't praising the Ultimate X match. I genuinely thought it was one of Low-Ki's career performances, no hyperbole. That guy took one of the dumber stips in wrestling and made it gold. Lee and Everett killed it as well, but it was hard for me to notice as I couldn't tear my eyes from whatever madness Ki was setting up at all times. It was an easy add to our 2017 MOTY List:

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2017/05/2017-ongoing-moty-list-ultimate-x-still.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2017 at 5:08 PM, Sin Carne said:

I realise he's a heel, but that ripped jeans, jacket and tie combo Josh was wearing ffs.

And to make it even more worse, when he leaves the ring he is dragging a backpack like the 15 year old he is dressed as. 

• Like 1