DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 5/11/17

*Taped for Xplosion: Andrew Everett def. Chris Silvio

Impact Wrestling - Airing May 11, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Andrew Everett def. Matt Sydal, Desmond Xavier, & Caleb Konley

*Ethan Carter III comes out to James Storm's theme music, dressed as a cowboy and cuts a promo mocking Storm. Storm comes out and they brawl where EC3 handcuffs Storm and whips him with a belt until agents come out to stop him.

*Laredo Kid & Garza Jr. def. Idris Abraham & Hakim Zane

*Laurel Van Ness (w/ Kongo Kong) def. Ava Storie

*LAX come to the ring with a graveyard type setup for "the funeral of Decay" mocking them. LAX talk about doubling up with the Global Force tag titles. They get into it with a fan waving the American flag which leads to the Veterans of War (Mayweather & Wilcox) coming out to lay out LAX.

*Moose(c) def. Marshe Rockett via pinfall in round 2 to retain the Impact Grand Championship. After the match, Chris Adonis attacked Moose with Eli Drake & Tyrus.

*Alisha (w/ Eddie Edwards) def. Angelina Love (w/ Davey Richards) via DQ when Angelina used brass knuckles. After the match, Davey attacks Eddie with his own crutch.

*Alberto el Patron def. Magnus to win the Global Force Heavyweight Championship. After the match, Alberto celebrates with the crowd and calls it his house.

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

That's impressive.  Most people would just use a steel chair.

They've read the other threads here for ideas and now they've got their own Braun smashing people with Elsworth gimmick?

14 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

That's impressive.  Most people would just use a steel chair.

Dammit.  I was going to make a joke about the wording of that.  

I am getting a giggle out of imagining Masters/Adonis swinging Tyrus like a baseball bat and bopping Moose overt the head with him.

I know he's a DVD favorite, but there's something seriously wrong with a promotion that books Eli Drake as Chris Masters' flunky.

• Like 1

Maybe he (Sydal) signed a "Cody Deal" where he can work for both ROH and Impact and take outside bookings independent of those two groups. Idk but I does seem odd that he showed up at the most recent ROH TV Tapings and now randomly popped up on Impact Wrestling's tapings.

I will tune in to this bullshit just to see who the fuck Idris Abraham and Hakim Zane are.

Those are my new favorite African-American sounding pro wrasslin gimmick names and it will be my luck that neither of these guys are black.

• Like 2

Main event ended up very good. I've enjoyed all of Alberto's impact matches a lot so far, great selling here in this one. All the other matches were pretty short. The EC3 whipping of Storm was vicious. I hope they have a leather strap blowoff now. Laughed at Josh asking Pope how Marshe earned an Impact Grand title shot and Pope said he's earned some wins over some impressive athletes, but he's like 0-8 on Impact. The bizarre KM segments have become oddly hilarious to me.

Not an awful show tonight. Main event was good but I feel like they just brought in Magnus to drop the title. He just doesn't fit in Impact. I feel bad for Eddie Edwards cause he never gets the upper hand on Davey and Angelina. It's getting ridiculous. Speaking of ridiculous, the LAX/VOW feud is going to be that. How can anyone take LAX seriously against such monsters like VOW? They look like Mascarita dorada compared to them. Nice to see Marshe Rockett out of the X division hell.

• Like 2

I'm almost embarrassed to say Impact's the first time I've seen Desmond Xavier.  He seems like somebody I should be checking out more often.  But I'm glad to see Sydal on TV, be it Imapct or ROH.  The guy is so damn good and I dig his laid back attitude to the match while still giving his all.

As for Laurel's squash, it was fine but I guess they don't care whether a jobber's a heel or face.  I could have sworn Ava was a heel two weeks ago.  The LAX funeral was awesome, they're so damn awesome that even if the show's shit (it was good) at least we get them.  Rosemary honestly freaked me out hanging in the rafter looking like that.  I love VOW and I know I should be all "USA! USA!"  But I'm going with LAX in this feud.

And I'll admit to liking EC3's cowboy impression.  The guy's wacky enough to make it work.

• Like 1

On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 7:20 PM, DreamBroken said:

The bizarre KM segments have become oddly hilarious to me.

I actually kind of understand this.  I think Matthews mushmouthed delivery has added to the silliness of the whole thing ("Ore yew callin me a LIAH?!") while the supporting actors used have almost no acting talent whatsoever.  The whole thing goes right in the so-bad-it's-good territory.

On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 10:04 PM, Tim Evans said:

How can anyone take LAX seriously against such monsters like VOW? 

Not to mention how they went from face to heel in the middle of a sentence.  Come out and mock Decay to cheers and laughter from the crowd, randomly call out an obvious plant in the crowd to boos.  No build whatsoever.  Just "This week I'm a face because I'm facing a heel team on their way out! Now I'm a heel because we debuted a new team the crowd obviously won't boo."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So if I was watching the Angelina vs Alisha match correctly,  Eddie Edwards actually threw in the chain that was used in the finish.  Or at the very least pulled out the chain.  If it was planned for a Alisha then she completely screwed up because she paid no attention.  My guess is that the camera screwed up