DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 5/4/17

*Taped for Xplosion: KM def. Jake Holmes

Impact Wrestling - Airing May 4, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Dave Penzer is back as the ring announcer.

*Matt Sydal def. Eddie Edwards with the Shooting Star Press. After the match, Davey Richards attacked Eddie with a steel chair. Alisha did a dive off the ramp onto Davey and Angelina as security separated them.

*Sienna (w/ KM) def. Christina von Eerie to win the Global Force Women's Championship

*Ethan Carter III def. Jon Bolen. After the match, EC3 gets the mic and says nothing will stop him from becoming an EC-3 time World Champion at Slammiversary.

*Jeremy Borash appears in the crowd with a #FREEJB sign.

*Magnus def. Matt Morgan after a low blow to retain the Global Force Championship

*Kongo Kong (w/ Laurel Van Ness) won another squash match. After the match, Allie & Braxton Sutter ran off Kongo & Laurel.

*Alberto el Patron def. Eli Drake to keep his Global Force title shot.

Jesus tapdancing Christ they are doing an "announcer bullying" storyline to leech off the whole JBL/Mauro thing, aren't they?

I am glad that outside of the initial Final Deletion, the Tag Team Apocalypto, and some other Broken Hardys stuff on YouTube that I haven't even given this promotion/show/gold scheme even a curiosity watch since the initial Destination America premiere.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2017 at 8:37 PM, DreamBroken said:

*Josh Mathews opens the show coming out with security and tells Jeremy Borash that Impact will not allow bully announcers so JB is removed and suspended from Impact.

On 4/21/2017 at 8:37 PM, DreamBroken said:

Jeremy Borash appears in the crowd with a #FREEJB sign.

Dear Impact Wrestling:

Go fuck yourself and end this shitshow company now.

Regards,

Nick

• Like 5

So Sienna wins a belt yet Allie is in some bullshit girlfriend angle with Brandon Sutter, Laruel Van Ness and Kongo Kong.

At least Kongo is killing dudes in squash matches.  This will amuse me for about a month or so.

• Like 1

• Rev Ray changed the title to Impact Wrestling Spoilehttp://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6094-impact-wrestling-spoilers-for-5417/rs for 5/4/17

Solid show that went by quick. Edwards/Sydal and Alberto/Drake were both pretty good. Alisha's ramp dive ruled. Also enjoyed Sienna/Christina though it was rather short. The video package on Spud's recovery was ridiculous but the way he ended it was hilarious.

This felt like a very GFW type show. Morgan/Magnus was worked so slow it felt like a 1980's WWF house show match. Liked Kongo Kong destroying some poor 100 pound guy and Edwards/sydal. Rest ranged from blah to god awful(that KM segment was up there with one of the worst segments in TNA this year). Matthews continues to be god awful on commentary.

• Like 1

I had this on in the background while I was making some food for a party tomorrow so I didn't mind it too much. There's a solid show in here without the announcer nonsense. I agree with @Tim Evans regarding the KM segment, his delivery was so bad that it didn't really work.

• Like 1

Oh man, the piped-in crowd noise for Christina Von Eerie coming out was hilarious.  It sounded like The Rock had shown up when she came out, then they showed CVE in the ring and the noise continued, despite the crowd in the background not reacting in any way.

I've stopped DVRing this show.  It mostly makes me sad now.

• Like 1

Where did they find this KM guy from? He's pretty terrible, and he's going to start taking away from my enjoyment of Kongo Kong killing wimpies. Unless Kongo Kong starts killing him...

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

Where did they find this KM guy from? 

New Jersey, home of so many terrible things.  He's wrestled regularly for Pro Wrestling Syndicate the past few years.  He's been PWS champion three or four times (edit: 3 times).  That probably tells you all you need to know about his workrate.  

Before that, he was around.  A lot.  Hard to believe for a guy that looks so green, but he's been in the business since at least the early 2000's (supposedly debuted in 2000 or 2001).  WWE signed him at one point.  He was in Deep South Wrestling in the mid-00's, back when DSW was still a WWE developmental territory.

• Like 1

Well for their sake, I hope I miss the week where KM vs Matt Morgan takes place, because that's the match to make me stop watching this show forever...

I am disappointed with The Fight Network/Anthem anyway. They have taken off WrestleCentre (REAL CANADIAN CONTENT!!!!), AAA and CMLL recently, and replaced it with a bunch of UFC and TNA re-runs. I e-mailed them asking when the other three shows may return, and they can't be bothered to even respond to the e-mail. 

To quote Reby Hardy: "Fuck that Owl".

• Like 1