DVDVR Message Board

E&C Pod of Awesome

It's been discussed in the omnibus podcast thread, but I think it deserves its own thread.  Last week's episode with the Revival is probably the most I've ever laughed out loud while listening to a podcast.  The Austin impersonator bit was amazing, as was Dawson's mancrush on Bret constantly rearing its head.

Listening to Edge and Christian just talk shit and give each other a hard time is on par with listening to Austin rant or tell a story.

Oh man, the Austin impersonator going right into doing Edge's theme music was amazing. I had to listen to it again I was laughing so hard.

And yeah, Edge and Christian busting each other's balls in a very non-PG way is incredibly entertaining.

• Like 1

Oh my Christ, it just gets better and better. Edge and Christian losing their shit 2 or 3 seconds into the impersonator doing the theme is so good. Christian's immediate and really subdued "woah" is great. Edge just gets so winded from laughing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I finally got around to the episode with Shawn and Mick talking about their Mind Games match.  I really can't say enough how amazing it was, everybody should check this out.  That match is is one of my all-time favorite matches and hearing them talk about it gave some great insight into how they approached it.

• 4 months later...

This podcast is flat out great. Christian and Orton going over their series together was awesome. Especially Orton fighting for Christian to stay Champ and the two of them telling Vince that they would keep it fresh for another month until Summerslam.

Vince telling Christian he and Randy were the big two on SD was heartwarming too. 

• Like 1

Great Sami Zayn interview in the most recent ep. He talks about the difficulties transitioning from NXT to the main roster and has a great attitude about the setbacks in his career. Plus some good ol' Canucklehead hockey talk (but not too much).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great stuff. This match might be my favorite of all time (although I have a soft spot for the Misawa/Kawada arm break match) and it was cool to hear about it in such detail. Is there a more pivotal match in WWE history? They say Austin would've been a megastar anyway but the Bret heel run led to him getting the title at Summerslam which led to the dreaded Screwjob and the Mr. McMahon character. Maybe you can trace things back like that with any major match but this one is special for sure.

8 minutes ago, peterien said:

Hope this becomes a more regular thing for them, get the Dudleys and Hardys on and discuss TLC. 

Yup. Although you might want to try to that one with everybody in the same room. So many people.

I don't know if he'd do it, but I'd love Undertaker to come on for one of his matches with Edge.

• Like 1

I got part way through the episode and deleted it. Maybe I missed something later, but I felt like I'd heard it all before. I think this is a good idea for a show format, but I'd be more interested hearing about something that hasn't been covered and discussed ad nauseum. 

It's still the greatest Mania match ever by a country mile. 

I know what you mean, with Austin having done his own play by play on it previously. One interesting question was posed though, and I legit couldn't come up with an answer - when else has a blade job been so integral to a match and amped up the drama of the finish as much as this?

Bret going on and on about the ball shot was funny. I enjoyed the whole thing. It's interesting to me how Edge and Christian focus on different aspects of things. Edge is much more about the general emotional effect (including big moments) and Christian, I think, is much more on the nuts and bolts structure (including specific spot placement and selling).

• 2 weeks later...