DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 4/27/17

*Taped for Xplosion: Marshe Rockett def. Chris Silvio
*Taped for Xplosion: Mahabali Shera def. Jon Bolen. After the match, KM attacked Shera

Impact Wrestling - Airing April 27, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Josh Mathews opens the show coming out with security and tells Jeremy Borash that Impact will not allow bully announcers so JB is removed and suspended from Impact.

*Matt Sydal def. Trevor Lee with the Shooting Star Press

*Ethan Carter III comes out for a promo. EC3 says he carried the company on his back for three years. He says Bruce told him to look in the mirror and he saw a demi-god. EC3 says he will not be pushed aside by new talents and tells the fans to kiss his ass. EC3 declares he will become champion again at Slammiversary because he's the best in the world today. James Storm interrupts and says he doesn't blame EC3 for being jealous. Storm talks about being in Impact since day one because he wants to be and he was out of the title picture for so long to give young guys a chance. Storm challenges EC3 to stand on his own because his family is no longer here to protect him. They get in to a brawl where EC3 low blows Storm. EC3 declares he is a Carter and this company needs him.

*Christina Von Eerie(c) def. Ava Storie to retain the Global Force Women's Championship.

*Moose(c) vs. Davey Richards (w/ Angelina Love) for the Impact Grand Championship goes the three rounds but after the match, Eddie Edwards attacks Davey. Davey ends up getting slammed by NFL players Gary Barnidge & DeAngelo Williams who Moose had brought with him. Scott D'Amore was one of the judges but the decision was not announced.

*Kongo Kong won a squash.

*The Veterans of War (Mayweather (Crimson) & Wilcox (Jax Dane)) def. Fallah Bahh & Mario Bokara

*LAX(c) def. Decay in a street fight to retain the Impact tag team championships

I like they're turning EC3 heel, and LAX/Decay should be fun.  But it sure is funny how Impact's response to Gronk at WM is to have Barnidge and Williams supporting Moose.  I have a hard time believing that wasn't intentional.  But that Grand Championship match sounds a big ol' clusterfuck.

Ah, I see Jarrett has decided the way to go over Dixie Carter one more time (In addition to Prichard badmouthing her without mentioning her by name on that first one back in March) is to make EC3 a heel, proudly announce he is a Carter, then book him into oblivion.

So, right now Impact has the Impact World Title, Grand Champion, X-Division champion, Tag Team champions, Knockouts Champion, GFW World Champion, GFW Next Gen Champion and GFW Women's champion all defended on their shows?  I bet Slammiversary is going to be the big Title Unification show.

• Like 1

Fun main event and farewell to Crazzy Steve. I will miss Decay, one of my favorite acts since they formed. The Swoggle heel turn was bizarre. Great to see Matt Sydal in the mix, thought he looked excellent in the short match with Trevor Lee. Also always liked Jax Dane, so looking forward to that addition as well. Moose/Davey was pretty good while it lasted too.

Well at least this show didn't feature non stop Josh/borash bullshit. I enjoyed Lee/Sydal although I thought they would make sydal's debut bigger. Really don't want to see another xenophobic LAX vs military American dudes feud but VOW has potential.  Speaking of LAX, it was kinda sad how little heat there was for the main event. I enjoyed it though. Rosemary took a vicious german from Diamante. Does anyone know what tag titles Fallah and Mario are holding? I don't think it's the GFW tag titles.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I am not sure about this trend where if you have a punk/alternative rock gimmick you are always screaming 'OI OI OI'.   Apparently the Jarretts think that punk was invented in Australia

Thinking Jeff Jarrett knows anything about punk is as amusing as thinking Vince would know anything about punk.

• Like 1

I thought they would make sydal's debut bigger. 

Agreed, though I thought he came across as a big star - maybe sometimes it's better sometimes just to let these things be organic. I felt he should have just beaten a jobber though, rather than the guy who just lost the X-Division Title in a 6-way.

I also thought 'surely WWE want to resign him', but then I saw him recently tweeting out about the anniversary of Albert Hoffman synthesizing LSD.

Update: Oh.  

On 4/28/2017 at 1:16 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Thinking Jeff Jarrett knows anything about punk is as amusing as thinking Vince would know anything about punk.

Next Smackdown exclusive PPV "Blitzkrieg Bop"? 

Then we get punk rock Ziggler with a patch on his gear that says Ramoans? 

:) 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Zartan said:

Next Smackdown exclusive PPV "Blitzkrieg Bop"? 

Then we get punk rock Ziggler with a patch on his gear that says Ramoans

:) 

I briefly thought this was an all Samoan Ramones cover band and I got very excited.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

I briefly thought this was an all Samoan Ramones cover band and I got very excited.

I know, probably not anywhere near close enough, but here's this anyway.

• Like 2

So, the second show back on British telly, and it still doesn't make sense. Who are all these Champions? It's good to have every every Wrestler on the roster involved in a meaningful storyline, but that doesn't mean you should make every wrestler on the roster holding some title belt or other? And seriously lads, get Grado booked.