DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For MAY 10, 2017 featuring a Rippa Dream Match

RIPPA

Per PWI

Week 2

- The Street Posse (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford) def. Dylan Miley and Ho Ho Lun 

Post match: Miley attacks Ho Ho Lun and lays him out. (Possible dark segment or might air out of order)

- Drew McIntyre def. Sean Maluta 

Post match: Kayla Braxton interviews McIntyre. She says he's gained the attention of Wesley Blake. Drew says he should have the attention of every NXT talent. He challenges Blake to a match next week.

- Kassius Ohno def. Andrade Cien Almas 

-DIY comes out and wants a match with AOP at Takeover. They're interrupted by Tino Sabbatelli and Riddick Moss who say the Era of little guys and big fat monsters is over. 

- DIY def. Tino Sabbatelli and Riddick Moss 

Post Match: William Regal makes a ladder match for the tag titles. Paul Ellering says the blood is on Regal's hands. 

Per WON

- Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford defeated HoHo Lun & Dylan Miley

This was a great debut performance by Dawkins and Ford. Lun took the pin, leading to Miley destroying his partner after the match.

- Drew McIntyre defeated Sean Maluta

McIntyre hit the Claymore kick to get the victory.

- Kassius Ohno defeated Andrade "Cien" Almas

This was a great match. Thea Trinidad was in the front row watching Almas during this one to further his ladies' man persona. Ohno won it with a rolling elbow.

- DIY cut an in-ring promo before being interrupted by Tino Sabbatelli and Riddick Moss. The heels got electric heat.

- DIY defeated Tino Sabbatelli & Riddick Moss

Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa hit their running knee and kick combo to pick up the win. William Regal came out after the match to announce that DIY will face The Authors of Pain in a ladder match for the tag titles at TakeOver: Chicago.

• 3 weeks later...

Really good match from Itami and Strong. Roddy would be an ideal choice for a tv champion.

If I was HHH I'd go out before the next tv taping and tell the crowd this is the last taping at Full Sail if they're more interested in getting themselves over than watching the show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCM said:

Really good match from Itami and Strong. Roddy would be an ideal choice for a tv champion.

If I was HHH I'd go out before the next tv taping and tell the crowd this is the last taping at Full Sail if they're more interested in getting themselves over than watching the show.

Why would he do that? If anything, he encourages it. At least ring announcer does.

I'm sad they cut out most of Tino's entrance. He got more heel heat since the time Sawyer Fulton pinned Kota Ibushi.

That was a really good main event and it only had 2 kinda crazy spots. Who was the guy that Black squashed, He moved around the ring pretty good, is he a PC guy?

Awesome Nikki promo and I'm interested in the three way.

And what was the crowd chanting after each two count? It distracted me during the match.

Aleister Black is insanely accurate with his Black Mask, like HBK with his superkick.

And was that a new ref? He looks Fijian.

Cien creeping on the interviewer was a nice touch.

The interviews at gorilla was a really great 'live' touch.

Yeah, wtf was distracting the crowd during the main? At least they didn't do "shut the fuck up" and went with a lot less distracting "watch the match."

I'm beginning to wonder if they're protecting Black. He's only in these squash matches, WWE looks like they're promoting him vs Neville, and he doesn't have any big programs. Wouldn't surprise me if they're just keeping him healthy for a quick call-up to the main roster. That said, if he comes up to the main roster to just be in the cruiserweight division, I'm going to be annoyed.

The roster is paper thin on the heel side what else would he be doing besides squashes? Almas can only put over so many people per taping. I would be shocked if they had Black pegged as a 205 guy. His offense works against anyone. That was a huge guy he believably killed this week.

Well, Black went against Neville and Aries in a triple threat match for the CW title at a house show in Zurich earlier today.

I read that Triple H and Regal are both really high on Black.  It wouldn't surprise me to see him get drafted off NXT fairly quickly.

Itami/Strong was damn good stuff...annoying crowd aside. I know that bullshit isn't going away, but it just really takes me out of things with utter hate for those idiots. 

Nikki Cross was delightful. She has that character down so well. Feels natural and real. Great stuff. Riot's bit was a bit more generic, but okay. Looking forward to that match and I have to think Asuka retains due to Cross and Riot being distracted by each other. Saving the title switch to Moon or maybe the winner of the tournament. 

On 5/11/2017 at 5:15 PM, Craig H said:

I'm beginning to wonder if they're protecting Black. He's only in these squash matches, WWE looks like they're promoting him vs Neville, and he doesn't have any big programs. Wouldn't surprise me if they're just keeping him healthy for a quick call-up to the main roster. That said, if he comes up to the main roster to just be in the cruiserweight division, I'm going to be annoyed.

Well he was on the UK Tour, and even on Main Event. I'm not sure they'll wait a whole year on this guy personally, and I'm not sure it makes sense to.

4 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Relative newcomer gets a big house show match and some play on Main Event last week, and this is your prediction?

We'll talk the first time Black gets booked like that and they're not in Europe.

On 5/11/2017 at 1:28 AM, mattdangerously said:

Riddick Moss looks like a gassed-up Shia Labeouf.

I was thinking a gassed up Dr. Tom Pritchard. Kind of has the same mannerism.  If she starts doing killer Piper impersonations I am going to get suspicious

• Like 1