DVDVR Message Board

SDL is DON'T HINDER JINDER 4/18/2017

Niners Fan in CT

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Nah, he isn't winning but is there any doubt that the main event scene would be far more interesting with Jinder Mahal carrying gold than Randy Orton? 

James Elsworth with the belt would be more interesting than Randy Orton.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I got home in time to catch the last 20 minutes of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

Hey, that happened to me the other night too! And I was running it through my head today at work... that is gonna go high on my Best Horror List later this year when we do ballots. 

Maybe Jinder concusses Orton? That's the only Ol' "Fuck You Charlie" I got over here. 

• Like 2

Charlotte/Naomi was pretty good, really liked their opening segment together. Thought they might turn Charlotte face with the heels ganging up on her. Jinder winning ruled, only his 3rd RAW/SDL win since returning last August.

• Like 1

I looked up tonight to see if WWE was touring India anytime soon and IF they were they might maybe want to send an Indo-Canadian World Champion.  But, they're not hitting India until September 2017, apparently.  So either this is going to be a VERY long feud/title reign (At least by SD standards), or it's probably a one-off feud.

All of this is just Vince overreacting to Sonjay Dutt choosing a job with Impact Wrestling over WWE.

"But Vince, we were only hiring him for the Performance Center."

"I don't care! We're going all in on Not Khali*!"

*"Not Khali" being what I assume Vince calls Jinder. That or "Shelton".

A few things

- For whatever reason - they clearly have decided the US Title is the #1 title on the show so Jinder winning the SDL title isn't the wackiest idea. (It could be that with Brock not defending the RAW title they are muting the SDL one too to not make it so obvious)

- While not touring till India till Sept - Twitter was claiming the WWE has a tryout in India very soon

- What is interesting with Lana's dancing gimmick thing is that when she does it on the NXT Florida shows, she is a face. Her being a face on SDL would make sense since last night really pointed out how heel heavy the SDL women's division is (even with the other heels hating Charlotte)

- I guess New Day coming soon = when Kofi is back.

I assume they're keeping them off TV until Kofi heals up.

Big E was doing an interview about officiating weddings, and he said, "I recently found out I was going to have a lot of time off", or something like that.

I also dug what we got of Naomi/Charlotte. I'm cautiously optimistic that SDL has more in store for this storyline than simply Charlotte steamrolling her way to the title next week because...yeah...I'm not here for that. 

• Like 1

It seems more likely that Nattie and company are going to be involved somehow next week so that could hold off the inevitable Charlotte title reign

• Like 1

Just showed my son the end of the six pack challenge.

As soon as the ref counted 3 he immediately said "That guy is going to lose. 100%" and walked away.

I'm kind of excited at the idea of That Guy winning and we get to just refer to him as WWE Champion That Guy.

We're going to the Backlash PPV. Is this the fucking main event?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I fully support Jindar Mahal hooking up with the Singh Brothers and forming Karachi Vice, Version 2.0.

Who turns and becomes Mukhan Singh?

For some reason, I kinda want the Big Show in that role.