DVDVR Message Board

SDL is DON'T HINDER JINDER 4/18/2017

Niners Fan in CT

32 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I fully support Jindar Mahal hooking up with the Singh Brothers and forming Karachi Vice, Version 2.0.

Who turns and becomes Mukhan Singh?

For some reason, I kinda want the Big Show in that role.

32 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Who turns and becomes Mukhan Singh?

For some reason, I kinda want the Big Show in that role.

I was going to complain about Big Show not even being Canadian, but then I found out Mike Shaw was from Michigan.

Show's not fat enough to be the Butter Lion, though.

1 hour ago, jaedmc said:

Just showed my son the end of the six pack challenge.

As soon as the ref counted 3 he immediately said "That guy is going to lose. 100%" and walked away.

I'm kind of excited at the idea of That Guy winning and we get to just refer to him as WWE Champion That Guy.

We're going to the Backlash PPV. Is this the fucking main event?

You could always go to the NXT Takeover the night before.

When they mentioned after the match that Jinder would get his title shot at the PPV I got confused because I thought they were still running this Orton/Bray title program at the next PPV, then realized they were two different shows.  What's the point of even running the Orton/Bray match (at least for the title) when they keep saying Orton is going to be defending the belt at a later show?  They could at least hype it up on Smackdown by discussing what might happen if Bray wins and Jinder has to face him.  Or even what would happen to the title and Bray's roster membership if he wins.

Did they just change the Bollywood Boyz last name?  I remember them always being referred to as the Sihra brothers in NXT/205.

I think it would be neat if Bray beats Orton. Takes the belt to RAW, and then still has to defend it at Backlash and Jinder becomes the last hope over the Blue Brand to keep a world title. Then Shane or Daniel Bryan have to do the unthinkable and fuck over Bray Wyatt, put the belt on Jinder and deal with THAT.

Okay, so having thought about it for a while I think I see the logic and reasoning in Jinder suddenly getting the India space program version of a push to the main event. Lets assume the improbable happens and he beats Randy for the title at Backlash.

He's got to be a transition champion for Nakamura so they can do Nak vs. Orton for Summerslam. This is the only thing that makes sense taking a guy from legit jobber status to the main event.

• Like 1

So Charlotte comes over from Raw and beats your champ clean night one, a mid carder from Raw who I can't recall winning a match this year comes over and wins a #1 contenders match for the world title, and the US title which has been a Raw title until two weeks ago is treated as the main event program over your own world title?

Let me know when AJ and Nak start their feud because everything else is looking pretty crap.

1 hour ago, Ace said:

I was going to complain about Big Show not even being Canadian, but then I found out Mike Shaw was from Michigan.

Show's not fat enough to be the Butter Lion, though.

So long as the nise Karachi Vice's grand equalizer isn't an aging and barely mobile Great Khali, I will survive the gimmick.

If they bring Sonjay Dutt into the stable, I will lose my shit.  The single greatest day in pro wrestling will be when the Singh Brothers hold Orton down on the mat so that Dutt can destroy Randy's digestive tract with a Moonsault Footstomp.

• Like 2

I want to see Jinder Mahal as champion.  Orton sucks as champion.  His WrestleMania match with Bray Wyatt was garbage.  His Rumble win was garbage.  Orton is past his prime as a main event talent.  He's a lame duck world champion.  At least Mahal is a fresh face in the main event scene and had some genuine heel heat when he won last night.  If they did this as a way to transition the belt to Nakamura, yeah that'd be cool.  Provided Mahal doesn't injure or concuss Nakamura.

I like the fact that they're trying something new here, but why Jinder? As somebody pointed out in the thread, this was his 3rd victory since coming back to WWE in August. Before that he was with 3MB, who were always jobbers. I'm not saying he should be relegated to that position forever, but you can't go from that sort of record straight to the WWE Title and have people take it seriously. He needed more of a string of victories leading in to this for it to mean more. And I still don't know why he was put in the match. If they wanted to go with somebody new, put Tye Dillinger in the match and have him win. He just got called up. He's a fresh face. A lot of casual fans don't really know him yet, so giving him a victory here and a push to a WWE Title match right off the bat would've been a good intro for him.

That said, I'm still willing to give this a chance. They've obviously been more serious about Jinder since he came back, despite his win/loss record. He hasn't been in complete squashes. He's been in longer, competitive matches with Cesaro and Finn Balor in the last few weeks. I'm not sure what he can bring to the table as far as in-ring ability because I've never really given him much attention. Yeah, he potatoed Finn, but I don't think that's enough to label him as a guy who injures other guys....yet. I'm interested to see the Bollywood Boyz as his J&J Security and how they work for heaters. It's different. I like different.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

So long as the nise Karachi Vice's grand equalizer isn't an aging and barely mobile Great Khali, I will survive the gimmick.

If they bring Sonjay Dutt into the stable, I will lose my shit.  The single greatest day in pro wrestling will be when the Singh Brothers hold Orton down on the mat so that Dutt can destroy Randy's digestive tract with a Moonsault Footstomp.

If their stable needs a heater/wildcard then there's only one reasonable choice-

Spoiler

8a6b2d5668ee426438fafbde9444717f_400x400

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

I like the fact that they're trying something new here, but why Jinder? As somebody pointed out in the thread, this was his 3rd victory since coming back to WWE in August. Before that he was with 3MB, who were always jobbers. I'm not saying he should be relegated to that position forever, but you can't go from that sort of record straight to the WWE Title and have people take it seriously. He needed more of a string of victories leading in to this for it to mean more. And I still don't know why he was put in the match. If they wanted to go with somebody new, put Tye Dillinger in the match and have him win. He just got called up. He's a fresh face. A lot of casual fans don't really know him yet, so giving him a victory here and a push to a WWE Title match right off the bat would've been a good intro for him.

That said, I'm still willing to give this a chance. They've obviously been more serious about Jinder since he came back, despite his win/loss record. He hasn't been in complete squashes. He's been in longer, competitive matches with Cesaro and Finn Balor in the last few weeks. I'm not sure what he can bring to the table as far as in-ring ability because I've never really given him much attention. Yeah, he potatoed Finn, but I don't think that's enough to label him as a guy who injures other guys....yet. I'm interested to see the Bollywood Boyz as his J&J Security and how they work for heaters. It's different. I like different.

FWIW, when Jinder was first brought it, it was thought that out of everyone in the group that he came in with, he would be the one most likely to get a World title run. They were fairly high on him then. Then he did the 3MB stuff and was released.

Considering he came back as something Vince would create in WWE2K17 with the vascularity slider set to max, and with the mindset from before, it's no wonder they're going with Jinder over others.

Not saying I agree with the mentality, but once again, you're dealing with Vince who sometimes doesn't give a shit about how good someone is and instead sees their aesthetics more than anything else.

4 minutes ago, APO said:

Not in a world where someone voluntarily puts a mic within a mile of Seth Rollins. 

I imagine Seth threatens to buckle bomb whoever is trying to keep the mic away from him until they relent.

"Do you want to! end up...like Sting??? You see what I can do!" *awkward pause...unconvincing evil laugh*

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Overly Critical Man said:

On a roster with AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and yes, even Dolph Ziggler....having Jinder vs Orton headlining a ppv is the most disgusting promotional tactic of 2017.

AJ and Owens are clearly the A feud and headlining the PPV.