Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Correct - I stalled at 4 pages despite doing like 4 Heroic Public Events and a few Lost Sectors so I stopped wasting my time

I got a couple of cores from the 340 shit coming from the engrams so that worked too

All you had to do was hang around the first area of EDZ. That spot where the Cabal and Fallen go to war would have filled out your pages fast.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Datto's data miner says that the Ives Murder Mystery is timed so that it will take three weeks to complete, so don't worry about finishing that up anytime soon.  Put it on your Tracked Item list and sit on it for the time being.

Once again the upward climb AC gets the better of me.  I pulled the mines version first, made it ALMOST to the top and then died as I tried to aerial avoid getting sniped while hitting a mine and I fell.

When I got back into the portal, the scenario changed from the mine version to the boop version and I said Fuck It after getting booped to the bottom so many times that I had two minutes left on my timer.

I really should keep a pair of 600 St00mp-3z boots on me at all times.... but fuck that because it's not that important.

I will grind Gambit and Haunted Forest a bit today and then get back to fishing and playing poker.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the quest is time gated - I probably won't play again until Saturday.

I might hop on to do one run in the Haunted Forest - but as mentioned, it has become noticeably unstable so it does become more trouble than its worth

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Once again the upward climb AC gets the better of me.  I pulled the mines version first, made it ALMOST to the top and then died as I tried to aerial avoid getting sniped while hitting a mine and I fell.

When I got back into the portal, the scenario changed from the mine version to the boop version and I said Fuck It after getting booped to the bottom so many times that I had two minutes left on my timer.

I really should keep a pair of 600 St00mp-3z boots on me at all times.... but fuck that because it's not that important.

I will grind Gambit and Haunted Forest a bit today and then get back to fishing and playing poker.

I actually finished the AC and my weekly Dreaming City stuff yesterday. Whats funny is that I did the challenge with only 5 minutes of tincture left from finishing the Well purification ritual. I actually didn't think I would succeed at all, but didn't want to waste the tincture. Did it in one go thanks to the St0mp-EE5. I actually do  keep mine on at all times for these jumping occasions. Kind of makes the previous day's failed attempts more annoying.

Gambit was a horrible experience for me yesterday. I did 4 or 5 games and lost all of them, just barely on the last one. I also saw the Malfeasance boss for the first time which made the loss suck even worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Eivion said:

I actually finished the AC and my weekly Dreaming City stuff yesterday. Whats funny is that I did the challenge with only 5 minutes of tincture left from finishing the Well purification ritual. I actually didn't think I would succeed at all, but didn't want to waste the tincture. Did it in one go thanks to the St0mp-EE5. I actually do  keep mine on at all times for these jumping occasions. Kind of makes the previous day's failed attempts more annoying.

Your dedication to proper preparation shames me, Eivion, but I just hate having a crapload of stuff in my active inventory.  

I have my go to war armor and my full set of RD armor and that's about it.  I do carry a bunch of guns, though, as I like to have at least one of every element damage type in my Energy and Power weapons.

17 hours ago, Eivion said:

Gambit was a horrible experience for me yesterday. I did 4 or 5 games and lost all of them, just barely on the last one. I also saw the Malfeasance boss for the first time which made the loss suck even worse.

Yeah, Gambit and the Crucible weren't kind to me either yesterday, which is why I tapped out early and started playing RDR2. 

I'm one mask away from running the Festival triumphs and I have close to 20 souls on me, so I will grind Amanda's bounties and hit the Haunted Forest a bit after today's soft reset. 

Then, I'll play just enough Gambit to clear the Drifter's bounties an go back to being a cowboy.

I got a 600 Trinity Ghoul yesterday after completing the Heroic Story mission challenge on Nessus.  If you are good with bows I suppose you will dig it, but I am only halfway decent with bows so I didn't particularly care for this weapon too much after I tried it out for a bit.

As far as the mechanics for the bow go, when you fire the bow in free aim, your arrow will split into three and strike additional enemies that are standing next to your primary target. . 

If you fire the bow in ADS mode, the spread tightens and will put all three arrows in roughly the same spot.  You'll mostly go for precision kills first in order to proc the Chain Lightning effect on your next arrow, and you'll fire your follow up shot in free aim to widen the AoE of the Arc damage as much as possible.

This is the bow for archers that also want to do some crowd control.

I prefer weapons with high stagger, so I'm not really high on bows to begin with and I wasn't that impressed with the Ghoul since the twitch is not that great.  Regular archers should love this thing.  The perks really shine in PvE, but I am not sure how well it will translate to PvP as players won't just clump together when you want them to so that you can electrocute all of them in one shot.

I could see this weapon being really broken in the hands of Hunter players that are also sporting Oathkeepers in their Exotic arms armor slot.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked the progress on my Destination's triumph seal.  One of the major logjams tying me up is completing the Osiris / Warmind collections badge and guess what?

THE ONLY WEAPON I AM MISSING IS THE FUCKING RRAYTECH OSPREY ROCKET LAUNCHERS~!

Needless to say that I will farm the shit out of Strange Terrain the next time it is up in the Nightfall Strike playlist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

You hate your free time

I don't, but my OCD does and the Destinations seal will be the easiest one to get without spinning up a Warlock AND a Titan.

The die is cast.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is weird how mine works

There is still plenty I want to do in Destiny 2 that I feel that compulsion.

Meanwhile in RDR2 - I am kinda like "Yeah - no way am I ever doing anything so I will just finish the story and wait for Online"

But yeah - I will probably be hitting Destiny tonight and tomorrow morning. I have a four day weekend so my hygiene will be suffering due to my XBOX

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, J.T. said:

Your dedication to proper preparation shames me, Eivion, but I just hate having a crapload of stuff in my active inventory.   

I have my go to war armor and my full set of RD armor and that's about it.  I do carry a bunch of guns, though, as I like to have at least one of every element damage type in my Energy and Power weapons.

My armor set isn't far from yours. I just happen to keep the boots for jumping. Other stuff I keep for when I'm switching around weapons. Its sad, before Forsaken I basically played with hand cannons, auto-rifles, and rocket launchers, and swords. That was it. Now these bastards have me using damn near everything but fusion/pulse/scout rifles and sub-machine guns. Its fuckign annoying. Even shotguns which I have hated since 1, I just enjoyed using to a degree to finish up a vanguard bounty today. That shit was so close to going into my storage that it kind of pisses me off.

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, Gambit and the Crucible weren't kind to me either yesterday, which is why I tapped out early and started playing RDR2.  

I'm one mask away from running the Festival triumphs and I have close to 20 souls on me, so I will grind Amanda's bounties and hit the Haunted Forest a bit after today's soft reset. 

Gambit is treating me better today so far. I've won two in a row. One thing I have say that annoys me are people's refusal to revive at times. Its understandable when enemies are bearing down on you, but we lost at least one round today because my stupid teammates didn't even try to revive me, the person who had tons of grenade launcher ammo ready to fire. Its not the first time that has happened either.

I'm sitting on 27 souls right now. I think I will try to get enough for one more mask. I bought Jade Rabbit and Will of Thousand a day or two ago. The Ghaul mask would be nice to have.

All of my weekly bounties are settled outside of Nightfall so I think I will be focusing on gambit this weekend if only to reset my rank at least once.

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

I got a 600 Trinity Ghoul yesterday after completing the Heroic Story mission challenge on Nessus.  If you are good with bows I suppose you will dig it, but I am only halfway decent with bows so I didn't particularly care for this weapon too much after I tried it out for a bit.

I enjoy bows so this sounds like something I need to have.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I deleted d2 from the xbox this morning to download bf1 (free game with gold this month that I will probably never play).  

I might play again at some point, but honestly, I'm kinda done with destiny, again.  It's just not fun anymore.  I've surely got a mountain of gripes with this game franchise.  I just hate to waste the time anymore to even bitch about it.  It's basically the same shit as always, as to why I quit playing again.  

I heard about a d3 info leak, supposedly it will have more of an rpg element like was originally intended.  Cool, good luck to them on that.  I guess the soulless cash grab route didn't work as well as they had hoped, hence they are giving this shit away for free on PC right now just to try and get people playing the game...which from what I heard out of blizzcon, was met with a chorus of boo's.

Fuck bungie

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have completed all of the Festival triumphs!  My collection of masks will stay in my Vault until I decide to get rid of them. I think I will keep the Dark Prince mask as a souvenir, though.

I went 3-2 in Gambit today so I am sitting once again at Mythic I.  I am feeling the tug to play more RDR, but I also want to take as much advantage of Bonus Infamy weekend as I can so that I can either get inches away from or rollover my Infamy before Hard Reset on Tuesday.

Next week is the worst week for the Curse so pray for me and Dylan as we try to knock out Shattered Throne (I have not one but TWO Purification Rituals that are dependent on that dungeon..) and also work on getting Dylan a Wish Ender since he is the best archer in the DARPA clan.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:45 PM, Eivion said:

I enjoy bows so this sounds like something I need to have.

That and a set of Oathkeepers since you run Hunter as your main.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on completing the Festival Triumphs. I've only managed three.

Had a terrible Gambit run last night, losing at least one match because they started the match with just me and one other guy. Did a match just now where all of my teammates seemed to have left and of course the game bitches about me choosing to leave when I was the only guy there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Congrats on completing the Festival Triumphs. I've only managed three.

Had a terrible Gambit run last night, losing at least one match because they started the match with just me and one other guy. Did a match just now where all of my teammates seemed to have left and of course the game bitches about me choosing to leave when I was the only guy there.

I hate being dropped in Crucible matches that are lopsided, but a Gambit match Is still winnable if you are done 0-1 in rounds, provided that you are not stuck with a squad of complete muppets.

My most satisfying victory to date came in a match I played in this afternoon where I got dropped in with another rando and we were down a round.  I got my first two Mote Have Been medals during my invasions, but could not crack the code on killing the 4th player for the third Army Of One medal that I need for the triumph.

Yesterday was a different story. I think I was on the worst Gambit team ever assembled.  No one rezzed, the players battled for motes instead of helping each other to collect, and I was the only one that was able to invade and get at least one kill. 

One of my teammates went by the gamer tag Bunny McSnookums.  She was one of those stereotypical girl gamers that wasn't very good and that is out of the norm for Xbox One.  The best PvP player I know is my Canadian homegirl, Averseiuh. 

She goes into PvP with a Redrix's Broadsword AND a Luna's and her ER says that she earned them herself.  She is my hero.  I aspire to be that badass in the Crucible.

I added the caveat about her ER because I have noticed that there seem to be a large number of idiots in PvP with Wish Enders. Luna's Howl's, and Broadswords that don't appear to know one end of the gun from the other.  I posted a screenshot of my stats in a Breakthrough match where the other team was 90% armed with top tier PvP weapons and we still wrecked their shit. 

I've always heard that some pro gamers have gotten into the business of making money by charging players to grind quests on their behalf and it looks like it is fairly lucrative as it seems like the going rate for a Luna's Howl grind is close to $800.  Holy fuck.

I neither have the money nor trust anyone well enough to give them access to my toons.

There are also a lot of guys running around with Seventh Column emblems that never fail to finish last or next to last in the leaderboard standings because they blow goats in a real firefight..  Obviously these assholes got their emblems by having their buddies line up and die for them in Private Matches.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I did eventually manage to win two Gambit matches in a row. The more important thing tough is that the last match saw my team beat the Malfeasance boss so that quest has finally started for me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I did eventually manage to win two Gambit matches in a row. The more important thing tough is that the last match saw my team beat the Malfeasance boss so that quest has finally started for me.

The Corrupted strike for your next step in the Malfeasance quest is 590 LL recommended.  It is a pain in the ass even when it is in the normal 500 Vanguard Strike playlist, so hit up LFG and find yourself some good blueberries to help you out when you are ready to tackle it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The Corrupted strike for your next step in the Malfeasance quest is 590 LL recommended.  It is a pain in the ass even when it is in the normal 500 Vanguard Strike playlist, so hit up LFG and find yourself some good blueberries to help you out when you are ready to tackle it.

Thought it was 580. Still not so bad since most of my equipment is at 600. It will allow me to finish up a purification ritual.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Thought it was 580. Still not so bad since most of my equipment is at 600. It will allow me to finish up a purification ritual.

I am dumb.  Yes, it is 580 LL Recommended.

Why are you waiting to get that PR done during the Malfeasance quest?  You don't even have to wait the 580 Corrupted strike to finish that PR, nor do you have to wait for The Corrupted to come up as a random Heroic Vanguard Strike.

You can just dial it up on the Dreaming City map directly and it will take you straight into matchmaking.  Then just pop a Tincture and finish the strike and you will complete the PR.

Whenever I have bounties where I need to beat a certain type of enemy boss, I just dial up the strike directly on the planet map.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I am dumb.  Yes, it is 580 LL Recommended.

Why are you waiting to get that PR done during the Malfeasance quest?  You don't even have to wait the 580 Corrupted strike to finish that PR, nor do you have to wait for The Corrupted to come up as a random Heroic Vanguard Strike.

You can just dial it up on the Dreaming City map directly and it will take you straight into matchmaking.  Then just pop a Tincture and finish the strike and you will complete the PR.

Whenever I have bounties where I need to beat a certain type of enemy boss, I just dial up the strike directly on the planet map.

I always wait for heroic strikes or Nightfalls for whatever random reason. I think its because I like to knock out so much at once.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to be having the worst luck with Gambit. Feels like I might win once or twice every 5-6 losses. My teammates seem to constantly suck. Its ridiculous how many times I've been pushed out of the way for motes, heavy ammo, and sometimes even just moving towards the enemies. They seem to never revive me when it might actually matter. Half the time they seem to ignore blockers. They wait forever to deposit motes and get themselves killed. This last game though was the worst because on top of the usual shit the enemies just seemed to zero in on my ass. It made no sense sometimes with them going after me despite having my teammates right in front of them. That is the most motes I have ever lost, and somehow I still ended up the one killing the most enemies and depositing the most motes on my team. Its ridiculous and could have only happened because my team sucked that bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I will never clear Wave 7

The Haunted Forest can kiss my ass

If I did it with two randos, then so can you.

I am so ridiculously close to a second Infamy rollover that it isn't funny.  One three game win streak dragged me from Heroic III to halfway through Mythic III.

I won't be on again until tomorrow afternoon since I will go straight from working swing shift tonight into day shift tomorrow morning.

I probably jinxed myself by picking up the 4 Completions / 2 Wins bounty before heading into work this evening..  I'll lose my next two matches and spend tomorrow afternoon chasing two wins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I am always with randos

#foreveralone

Oh, you are probably faking the offline funk when you see me log on..

I should be on tomorrow around 4PM-ish to continue grinding Infamy. Nab me when you see me online so we can try to get that 7 branch shit done.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...