DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I'm not actually sure how many of those achievements I've completed. I'm pretty sure i'm over 5000 grimoire and I've completed the Moments of Triumph but i have no idea if i did all of them or just enough to qualify for the yearly emblems. I'm sure i never did rank 7 in Age of Triumph since i was pretty burnt out on the game by that point. From the looks of it, despite having an Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris in August you'll need to do them in July for them to count towards the record book.

Bit of a dick move by Bungie finally giving XBox players all the exclusives a month after the game becomes irrelevant. Not that they were missing much, i don't think i ever even used the exclusive exotic from Rise of Iron.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:12 PM, EVA said:

I have all this achievements except for the grimoire score.  Somehow I only got to 4865.  I could probably go ghost hunting and make up the difference easily, if I'm so inclined.

I am sure I made several Avoid Lists during my comical attempts over five Summoning Pits strikes to activate this particular DG rather than help to kill Phoggoth for the billionth time..

Hopefully the devs learned their lesson from this and put their fetchits in places that can be accessed via normal free roam or missions..

The worst collectibles are the SIVA fragments in the Wretched Eye strike.  Not only do you have a limited time window to get them before your teammates pull you through to the boss, but the randomized layout of that strike means you can play through it multiple times and not get access to the rooms that actually have the fragments!

I was filled with so much anger trying to get those last weekend.

I tapped out way before that.  I never even bothered to get close to 50% of the Calcified Fragments.

It was around that time that the game started feeling less like fun and more like a chore.

1 hour ago, EVA said:

The worst collectibles are the SIVA fragments in the Wretched Eye strike.  Not only do you have a limited time window to get them before your teammates pull you through to the boss, but the randomized layout of that strike means you can play through it multiple times and not get access to the rooms that actually have the fragments!

They say that clans are not a requirement but really they are, since the only people who will be patient enough to help you collect those fragments on the first go are people that you are very familiar with and are probably already on your Friends List.

• Like 1

For that Summoning Pit Ghost you don't have to do it in the Phoggoth Strike. There's a mission they added with the Spring update from last year that starts in Phoggoths room. Just jump on solo, kill everything, then spend countless attempts at getting that Ghost.

Anyways, a small bit of Destiny 2 news i read earlier. There wont be randomised perks on gear this time round. Every gun will have a set roll. This means no more grinding to get that perfect roll (i'm looking at you Omnigul and the Grasp of Malok). On top of that, when they do decide to nerf a gun it wont be a blanket nerfing across the entire weapon type. If there's a problem with just one gun they can adjust just that gun. One of the most annoying things in Destiny was all the good guns for PVE being made crap just because one of them was decent for PVP. 

• 2 weeks later...

Changes to Control gameplay:

1. You start the match with A and C already capped, which starts the real action quicker.

2. They made capping a zone quicker by removing the "neutralizing" phase.

3.  Multiple players in a zone do NOT increase cap speed anymore.

4. Scoring simplified to one point for a kill, 2 ppk when holding 2 zones, and 3 when holding all zones.  So they made it more like Supremacy with the lower scoring.

Tidbits from IGN's gameplay videos:

-whoever writes Shaxx's lines is a wrestling fan.  First, "Fight Forever" was added to one of the last D1 updates, and here he could be heard squealing "Delightful!!!!" Like Broken Matt.

-Blink confirmed to still be in the game during Voidwalker play.  Nova Bomb looks VERY different.  Slower, but larger and appeared to track opponents around a corner.

-the Gatling gun that the Sentinel titan was sporting absolutely WRECKED shop and will almost certainly be the first thing nerfed.

16 hours ago, EVA said:

Changes to Control gameplay:

1. You start the match with A and C already capped, which starts the real action quicker.

2. They made capping a zone quicker by removing the "neutralizing" phase.

3.  Multiple players in a zone do NOT increase cap speed anymore.

I like Change 1 because it speeds up the match tempo and I like Change 2 for the most part, because it removes the peril of being a sitting duck waiting to get shot while you are capping. 

Of course the down side to Change 2 is that it might take away the sting of losing ground in a match and encourage teams to simply cap and trade flags instead of standing their ground and winning by tactics and attrition.

There are also reasons to love and hate Change 3. 

I think that the more people you have capping a zone, the faster it should go because of the aforementioned sitting duck deal.  A Gunslinger with active GG or a Tripmine Grenade can obliterate nearly an entire team that is waiting to turn a flag. 

I made a career out of getting cheap killstreaks by camping a friendly flag for zone pushers.

OTOH, the game should not make it easy to hold territory and force defenders to actively defend.  The quicker cap speed can actually unbalance a match on a shitty map where two zones are co-located close enough for easy defense.

So Bungie have started the pre-order beta redemption process today.

PS4 is 18th-23rd

Xbox is 19th-23rd

Open Beta is 21st-23rd.

If you pre-ordered a physical copy you've probably been sent a code by now. Mine arrived from Amazon earlier today. Log into Bungie.net to redeem it then select your platform.

I'm not too ashamed to say I pre-ordered the collectors edition on the PS4. Not the ridiculous £300 thing from Game but the one with the season pass and some other ingame items. Even if I only get 10% of the time out of it that I spent in Destiny 1 I've easily got my money's worth. In 2 and a half years on the PS4 this is only the second game I've brought on release so I don't mind paying full price. The other game being Batman: Arkham Knight.

Basara was that the £89.99 edition? I Felt a little dirty paying so much for a game (I've never spent more than 35 on any platform for a game) but as you say there was so much content (I'm literally still playing D1) that it's not so bad.

46 minutes ago, Adam said:

Basara was that the £89.99 edition? I Felt a little dirty paying so much for a game (I've never spent more than 35 on any platform for a game) but as you say there was so much content (I'm literally still playing D1) that it's not so bad.

Yeah that's the one. The base game is around £48 and the season pass is £30 so i don't mind too much paying the extra £10 or so for the collection since it comes with a few other random bits. Looks like it's hard to get hold of now too. Amazon and Game have both sold out for the PS4 and PC and Game's sold out for the XBox version as well.

I agree with not wanting to really pay that much for a game. Like i said before this is only the second PS4 game i've pre-ordered or paid full price for. Games drop in price so quickly these days it's hard to justify dropping all that money when it will probably be half that price a couple of months later. And the base price has slowly been creeping up for new releases recently too. Used to be a new game was £40 but it's getting closer and closer to £50 all the time now.

But i got over 1200 hours out of the original Destiny i'm sure i'll get enough mileage out of this one to justify the price.

That was my biggest frustration with the first game.

I shelled out something like $150 and that isn't counting Rise of Iron since I never bought that. It was the most I ever spent on a single game.

And considering if someone waited they could have just gotten everything for $60

(and not to mention the whole - you basically need to purchase the DLC to keep playing the base game thing)

So now I am struggling with the fact that I know I am going to get Destiny 2 but I hate how much I am going to end up paying for it.

That's  not exactly an apples to apples comparison there, though. For instance, yeah, everyone who bought the Taken King CE for $60 got all the Y1 content for significantly less than you paid for it...but all of that content was also functionally irrelevant by the time they got to play it.  There was literally no value to playing any of that content besides catching up on the (shitty) story.  The character boost item that came with the game made it to where you didn't even have to grind those early levels for XP, you were strong enough to take on the TTK content right out of the box.

Speaking of TTK....I find it very interesting that Bungie hasn't shown any gameplay featuring the 3 subclasses that TTK introduced and they've played coy when asked specifically about them.

Surely, they're not launching D2 with only 2 subclasses.  I think the outrage would be significant.

I think i ended up dishing out £130 all together over the course of the original Destiny. Which is a lot for a single game. But by the end of it it had more than doubled the original content. They almost treated The Taken King as a new game and while it didn't have as many missions or strikes as the original Destiny did it still had more content than some full on games.

I guess it's no different to any other 'Game of the Year' release that contains all the DLC. Dark Souls 3 would be the most recent one for me. I picked up the base game when it had dropped to £20 but i'm sure a lot of people brought it on release for £40, then picked up the season pass for £20 which can all be had in a GotY edition now for around £25. The Witcher 3 is another example. £40 for the game and what? another £25 or something for the 2 DLCs cant be routinely had for £18 as a GotY edition on the PS Store now

It's just the way things are going. I held off on buying DLC for games for as long as possible, didn't agree with it, still don't like it. Aside from a map pack for Call of Duty back on the PS3 I've only really recently been buying DLC. It's a shame but now you almost expect not to get a complete game anymore on release. One of the main reasons i'm more than happy to wait until games drop in price now. I've got enough of a back log and there's rarely a game i really want on release. If i'm going to have to pay twice to get the full game i might as well wait till it drops to the £20-30 range.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

That was my biggest frustration with the first game.

I shelled out something like $150

Cute, i spent that on the ghost edition on 360.

Then a standard copy & hdd for a second 360.

Then an XB1 copy.

Then a ttk edition I gave away as a Christmas gift when Oryx was still a thing.

Then there's the dlc, don't get me started on dlc.

but my Hunter looks sexy af in that VoG armor though.

With the beta only days away, and having not really played in 3 months due to gardening and remodeling my gf's (7 years~!! She quit smoking~!! With chantix ~!! FML+!!) house, i took some time to knock the rust off.

I can't recommend just anybody doing some of the shit I do.

PS-  I still haven't pre-ordered D2

11 hours ago, Basara said:

I think i ended up dishing out £130 all together over the course of the original Destiny.

Are we counting controllers?  I've had rage issues (I have found a plant-based remedy for this though).  Without controllers I'm well north of $300, with I'd estimate $500-ish... $600 if we count 360 controllers too.

49 minutes ago, EVA said:

I feel like everybody in the world has been giving them away the past few days.

Ive noticed quite a few, haven't even tried any.  I will begrudgingly pre-order at the 11th hour just for beta access.  

I made that in response to them handing out beta codes like crack dealers.

Still trying to figure out how to get a digital standard copy pre-loaded for the 9/6 launch, and get a physical legendary edition on launch at midnight from gamestop.

I don't know what Amazon are like in the U.S but in the U.K. they don't charge you until dispatch. You can just pre-order the game, they send you the beta code, then cancel the order.

Not something I've ever done but I know a lot of people do that to get pre order bonuses for games over here.

16 minutes ago, Basara said:

I don't know what Amazon are like in the U.S but in the U.K. they don't charge you until dispatch. You can just pre-order the game, they send you the beta code, then cancel the order.

That's my go to move for beta/pre-order code thingies (see - the division, ghost recon wildlands, et. Al.)