DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

And for those planning out the last few days

Currently, we’re in the final week for Season of the Undying in Destiny 2. All players should be aware that after this Season comes to an end, some activities and loot sources will become unavailable. Here are some notable callouts:

Undying’s free and premium Season rewards—including acquisition for Eriana’s Vow*

Eriana’s Vow catalyst quest*

Vex Offensive matchmade activity

Vex Invasions on the Moon

Vex Weapon Data Seeds from Ikora

The Gatelord’s Eye Seasonal Artifact

Power bonuses granted from the Seasonal Artifact

Season-specific Triumphs, seals, and titles

*Please note that Eriana’s Vow and its catalyst quest will become obtainable through alternative acquisition paths in a future release. Players who have already obtained and begun this quest may complete it after the season ends. Stay tuned for updates.

For an extensive list of tracked items, players should visit this help article.

Here is the link for the help article - https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/48522

I was just thinking yesterday about how I missed Retribution so I am happy that is coming back.

I legit don't remember the last time I saw Emperor's Respite so clearly that was in a playlist I never use.. 

I am indifferent towards Firebase Echo but I will say that I played A LOT of one sided matches on that map.

I kinda wish they would remove The Citadel and Convergence but one thing at a time

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm glad Equinox is dying, always hated that place.

Bite your tongue!

If it weren't for Equinox, I probably wouldn't own an RTK today.  I nearly got a We Ran Out Of Medals triumph for a 20 streak off of Jade Rabbit precision kills in one match on Equinox.  

That being said despite it's size, IMO Equinox is a better scout rifle map than a pure sniper map.  It's easy to get brained on Equinox if you ADS too long.  Fucking Midtown is by far the best sniper rifle map in the game, IMO.  

That one long sightline on the A side is a hardscoper's dream.  Midtown only map where I can regularly get Mission Control medals for scoring two, long-range, sniper rifle precision kills without reloading.  Beloved with No Distractions / Box Breathing FTW!

I'm not sure what it is about the other maps, but I can never seem to get the distance for a Mission Control medal even when it feels like I am shooting from a million miles away.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I was just thinking yesterday about how I missed Retribution so I am happy that is coming back.

I legit don't remember the last time I saw Emperor's Respite so clearly that was in a playlist I never use.. 

I am indifferent towards Firebase Echo but I will say that I played A LOT of one sided matches on that map.

I kinda wish they would remove The Citadel and Convergence but one thing at a time

I also miss Retribution and I'm happy it's coming back.  It's nothing but a big circle, but it has the right balance of sight lines, hidey holes, and cover to make for very fast paced matches.

Emperor's Respite is normally a Comp map.  I've played more than my share of Countdown matches on that map.  I've also played a lot of Rumble matches on Emperor's Respite.  I did well in most of those matches, but I think it's far too big of a map for Rumble.

I like Firebase Echo just fine on any mode other than Control or Breakthrough.  If you're playing one of those modes on that map and do not have an aggressive team that knows how to push, you'll be in for a long match.  You cannot let the other team hold onto B if you expect to win a Control match and you certainly cannot cede the Breaker to the other team every round if you're playing Breakthrough.

I am indifferent about The Citadel or Convergence, but I fucking hate Gambler's Ruin with the fire of a thousand suns.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

If it weren't for Equinox, I probably wouldn't own an RTK today.  I nearly got a We Ran Out Of Medals triumph for a 20 streak off of Jade Rabbit precision kills in one match on Equinox.  

That being said despite it's size, IMO Equinox is a better scout rifle map than a pure sniper map.  It's easy to get brained on Equinox if you ADS too long.  Fucking Midtown is by far the best sniper rifle map in the game, IMO.  

I'm always with the team that gets pinned down in Equinox so it sucks for me even with a scout rifle.

Finished the scout rifle kills for RTK. Now I just need to get 65% medals........oh joy.

Did masterwork Eriana's Vow so that is wonderfully out of the way.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'm always with the team that gets pinned down in Equinox so it sucks for me even with a scout rifle.

Finished the scout rifle kills for RTK. Now I just need to get 65% medals........oh joy.

Did masterwork Eriana's Vow so that is wonderfully out of the way.

Grats on the EV!  It really is a different gun once you get the catalyst complete.  Much better when it is able to auto-load while stowed.

Medals is the worst part of RTK but at least you don't have to worry about using a scout rifle anymore.

As for getting pinned down on Equinox, it is fairly easy to get in trouble on that map if you're working with idiots.  Passive teams that don't cap and hold B are beaten on the regular.  It always annoys me when my team takes half the match to cap B and then cedes It back to the other team in mere seconds.  Where is the fucking zone defense?

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

As for getting pinned down on Equinox, it is fairly easy to get in trouble on that map if you're working with idiots.  Passive teams that don't cap and hold B are beaten on the regular.  It always annoys me when my team takes half the match to cap B and then cedes It back to the other team in mere seconds.  Where is the fucking zone defense?

Its usually just me and one other random person willing to get zone B

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Its usually just me and one other random person willing to get zone B

Yeah, it's usually me and a rando that have the courage to cap and try to hold B.  The rando move to cap and I go hide nearby and scout rifle pop the living shit out of the enemy players that think they're catching us by surprise.   

It's always fun to see them try to run away after I pre-fire and break their barrier the second they round the corner.

If I get a sense that my team is playing soft, I usually follow suit.  I know I will just frustrate myself and die a lot while trying to will my team to win or try to lead by example by playing the match objective.

It still baffles me how players in a Supremacy match seem oblivious to the crests on the ground and never seem in a hurry to go and pick them up. 

Edited by J.T.

Since Eriana's Vow is masterworked and I have the scout rifle kills for RTK, I decided to try and masterwork SUROS Regime and Vigilance Wing. I'm probably to take a good long while to get those done. The Vigilance isn't super terrible, but SUROS so damn annoying to do with autos being so worthless in Crucible outside of maybe a handful of them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Since Eriana's Vow is masterworked and I have the scout rifle kills for RTK, I decided to try and masterwork SUROS Regime and Vigilance Wing. I'm probably to take a good long while to get those done. The Vigilance isn't super terrible, but SUROS so damn annoying to do with autos being so worthless in Crucible outside of maybe a handful of them.

VW is "easier" to get the catalyst done for because it requires less kills (I think it is 250 to 300 for SUROS). It also is a better Crucible weapon in general.

Now that being said - SUROS isn't THAT terrible and I probably would have gotten the catalyst already if I wasn't always working on other things in the Crucible.

I think I have like 215 of the 300 required kills.

There is something else I know also requires Crucible kills that I am not looking forward to

I may have been with the worst Countdown team ever assembled.  We lost 2-4 and I had to clutch the end of nearly every round as the Last Guardian Standing.

I wish I had video of the round where I kept the other team busy long enough for the bomb to detonate while they were trying to defuse it and the blast killed three of them all at once.  I got the credit for the Triple Down.

I finished the match with 11 mercs and a 4.0 ER.  No one else on my team finished positive.  They were THAT bad.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

There is something else I know also requires Crucible kills that I am not looking forward to

The only other Exotics I know of that require Crucible kills are the Jade Rabbit and the MIDA unless you're talking about the specialty triumphs you get after you earn the Recluse and the Luna's Howl.

Edited by J.T.

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I got my Randy's Throwing Knife this afternoon.

Probably will see have far I can get in Comp before the reset

Now you can equip your Recluse in the EW slot and be a total douchebag like the rest of us.

Just now, J.T. said:

Now you can equip your Recluse in the EW slot and be a total douchebag like the rest of us.

That’s the plan unless I decide to roll with double Hand Cannon

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The only other Exotics I know of that require Crucible kills are the Jade Rabbit and the MIDA unless you're talking about the specialty triumphs you get after you earn the Recluse and the Luna's Howl.

That’s what it was. It’s post Luna’s Howl where you have to use LH to get another weapon

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That’s what it was. It’s post Luna’s Howl where you have to use LH to get another weapon

IIRC you won't get another weapon.  Your LH will be upgraded to Not Forgotten or that's the way I assume it works.

I suppose you could have both a NF and a LH in your inventory at the same time if you made one from Collections.

I will probably take a crack at the Lunas in the upcoming season since the loss penalty for Freelance is very forgiving and I was able to get Fabled with only a couple day's grinding.

Edited by J.T.

Considering I was able to get to the last step of the quest in basically 2 weeks of playing Comp occasionally - the grind isn't that bad anymore.

The other reason for me to play Comp right now is to knock out the Glory part of Revoker (I only need like 300 more points). The bonus Glory sure is nice.

Of course - I am terrified to play another match because my streak sits at 4. I have yet to get the full 5.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The other reason for me to play Comp right now is to knock out the Glory part of Revoker (I only need like 300 more points). The bonus Glory sure is nice.

Don't quote me, but I think you still get the Glory bump at the beginning of a new season so if you only need 300, you could probably stop playing now if you've already got 3 matches in for the week and you'd ding the Revoker quest after the Tuesday reset.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Of course - I am terrified to play another match because my streak sits at 4. I have yet to get the full 5.

Whenever I puta 4 streak on the line with randos, I'd always manage to get the worst team and we'd lose. I think BSmyth and guys from the Digi crew helped me get my 5 streak.  I also think that Tricky just recently got his NF to close out this season.

I just checked - I need 450 to complete the Glory needed for Revoker.

I would like to hope that I can win enough over the next two days to get that but I also am not foolish enough to guarantee that.

36 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I just checked - I need 450 to complete the Glory needed for Revoker.

I would like to hope that I can win enough over the next two days to get that but I also am not foolish enough to guarantee that.

If you keep doing Freelance, you should be okay.  The loss penalty really doesn't matter because you don't loose points for the bounty.  

Now if you hit a losing streak that could be problematic but in theory as your Glory rank decreases after losses, you should be paired up with players closer to your skill rank and eventually you should start winning again. 

My Fabled match was against Fabled 2 and higher players since I was doing so well in small teams play.

Damn.  I'm sorry, man.  I know how that feels.

I didn't get a 5 win streak until my third attempt.  

As long as you can honestly say that it wasn't your play that fucked things up, take confidence that you'll rack up more wins pretty soon.

14 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Where is this list?

Fanbyte has a partial list of the artifact perks in the article below:

https://www.fanbyte.com/guides/destiny-2-lantern-of-osiris-guide-all-seasonal-artifact-mods/

I'm going to be a total douchebag in the Crucible with Enhanced Rifle Loader and Enhanced Unflinching Rifle Aim bolstering my RTK.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1