DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I did the first two story missions on Mars and then did a little roaming around the planet (basically did one public event and then went back to the tower to cash in all my shit)

It's more likely that I wait till this weekend to just knock out the entire thing in one sitting.

I might start chipping away at the Crucible instead

I should be online this afternoon if you want to hit the Crucible. 

If one of the DARPA crew logs in early, we'll have a third to try to make a run at the Nightfall, if you're feeling up to it.

I finally stopped dicking around and got my first Seraph weapon: the Hand Cannon that everyone else has.  Dicking around paid off a little because now I have to do five Heroic Strikes with the weapon equipped and I still have my Three Heroic Strike Weekly Challenge up, so I can knock off two birds with one stone.

The recommended LL rank for HCs is 350 but when I ran an HC this morning, the enemies were about even to me at 345.  So HCs are doable at 345 LL if you have fireteam members that aren't idiots. 

There was a moron on my team (Xbox GT:  Randy Moshes) in full Trials gear that refused to revive fallen teammates, so we wiped three times during boss battle with Xol during the Will of a Thousands HC that I ran this morning before work.. 

I finally took it upon myself to grab the Valkryie every time it spawned to make sure that Xol got what was coming to him.  For some reason during the two times the team wipe out, fucking Randy Moshes would make a B-Line for the javelin and then inexplicably use it to kill adds.  This is why you have two more fireteam members, asshole.  Let us handle the Hive. 

THROW THE FUCKING NUCELAR LANCE AT THE GIANT WORM~!!

I got the Lost Legend jumpship from one of my Eververse Engrams.  Normally I shred the space bubble jumpships, but this one is Exotic and it is a BrayTech prototype, so I am keeping it.

Now I have to collect all 45 of the Latent Memories and claim the new badass G-335 Anseris Overdrive Sparrow for a full set of Exotic vanity items along with my beloved Sugira Shell...

As if I didn't have enough to work on, Banshee-44 FINALLY decided to build me a Manannan SR4 scout rifle out of the weapon parts I gave his ass last night.  Now I have to MW the damn thing for Crucible play and I used my last ten MWCs squaring away my Warlock alt.  Damn.

That reminds me - I got an Exotic Ghost Shell from Tess but I don't remember which one. It really is only good when I am on the EDZ

I did Call to Arms last night. I realized I hadn't played Crucible since BEFORE the Go Fast update. Boy did I suck my first two matches.

I got up to speed fairly quickly but it was embarrassing.

I also need to pay better attention - I have been on such an infusion spree that I was legit out of Glimmer last night before I started.

52 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

.I also need to pay better attention - I have been on such an infusion spree that I was legit out of Glimmer last night before I started.

This happened to me while I was getting my alts up to snuff.  I was down to 1K Glimmer at one point getting my Titan and my Warlock up to 335 a week before Warmind's launch.

First time since D1 that I had take my Hunter on a deliberate Glimmer run to raise currency to fund the rest of my alts's upgrades. 

It's times like those that I am glad I main a Hunter.  Generating Glimmer is almost too easy when you are running as a Nightstalker with Keen Tracker turned on.

52 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I did Call to Arms last night. I realized I hadn't played Crucible since BEFORE the Go Fast update. Boy did I suck my first two matches.

I got up to speed fairly quickly but it was embarrassing.

I wasn't doing anything but messing around on Mars tracking down Sleeper nodes and working on the Seraph upgrade mission, dude.  I coulda rolled with you if you wanted to get in some PvP, or we could've done tried the Nightfall because my TACOM homegirl was online last night..

Every time I checked your profile, you were in orbit so I figured you were eating dinner or doing something with your son.

On Monday night, I am going to cheat to win and use my smart phone to track down all of the Latent Memories, so shoot me a message if you are in.

It took nearly SEVEN HOURS for the world's first clear of the Spire of Stars raid lair.

That's by far the longest since King's Fall, which was a much longer raid overall.  Everybody hit a multi-hour wall on the final boss of SoS, which just looked absolutely nuts in terms of the amount of stuff happening on screen.

So it only took me till half way through my third strike to realize that maybe I should switch to a Sunbreaker to make my life easier.

I am an idiot.

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So it only took me till half way through my third strike to realize that maybe I should switch to a Sunbreaker to make my life easier.

I am an idiot.

It doesn't look like the weekly stips change, but IIRC the Daily Challenges do.  I wouldn't even bother spamming HS's if the DC's didn't synch up with the appropriate elemental sub-class.

TL/DR:  If the weekly stip is Solar Singe, but the DCs are for a Void or Arc sub-class, find something else to do.

Keeping a Hard Light handy in your vault is also a good practice.  No matter what the elemental burn stip, you'll have at least one Energy Weapon appropriate for the job.

I finally racked up enough Level 1 Extinction Protocol clearances to push this damned Seraph Weapon thing along. Now I have to unlock 12 more Sleeper Modules. 

I'm sure I won't be finished after that.  No Destiny fetchit would be complete without being forced to complete a Nightfall or a full blown Raid while having this dumb IKELOS Hand Cannon equipped.

That shit can wait because I think I am going to make a run a the 43 Latent Memories dealie tonight, or at least clear one or two zones worth of them.  I will redeem myself for when I fell out with D1 gave up on finding all of the Calcified Fragments.

Well I was doing it for that step in the Sleeper Stimulant quest line

Zavala liked me for once though and after that 3rd one gave me a Khepri's Horn so suddenly I had a jacked up Solar Helmet (normally I would complain about getting another KH but this one is one of only 3 things I have that was over 350)

The last two strikes were a lot easier

Now I am stuck suffering through trying to get 3 fucking Escalation Protocols levels done (which is kinda bullshit because I have done like 40 of them now and none of them have counted and yes I have my IKELOS equipped)

Oh - okay - you need to beat the God Damn Ogre for it to fucking count

Motherfuckers - I get to that God Damn Ogre every fucking time and it won't fucking die.

Of course I don't think I have had the max 9 people at once trying to do it.

47 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh - okay - you need to beat the God Damn Ogre for it to fucking count

Motherfuckers - I get to that God Damn Ogre every fucking time and it won't fucking die.

Of course I don't think I have had the max 9 people at once trying to do it.

Yeah, I was on last night with a clan of overachievers and we all worked together to knock out EPs,  We almost got to a Level 3, but that shit was bananas.

The Ogre will die, but it pretty much takes everyone the zone pounding on him at the same time to get it done.

Having Armory Codes also helps.  Use them to dispel the corruption on the Javelin access points, but do NOT spawn the Valkryie until the big bosses show up.  I have gotten Armory Codes from completing Heroic PEs.  Not sure if the PE absolutely has to be Heroic for Armory Codes to drop, though.

One thing I did learn last night:  Once you close the Shadowrift and kill the knight,  EVERYONE needs to grab the Crota Sword relic and smash the remaining ash and trash to tiny bits.  The faster you kill off the riff raff, the more time you have to deal with the Ogre. 

Once the Ogre is up, everyone focuses fire on his cranium and someone needs to start throwing Valkryies at his big ass.

All I have to do to is run down Sleeper modules now, and then it's on to the next step.

Oh, and back to the Solar Singe thing.  A good weapon to use on Heroic Strikes this week is been the Frigid Jackal sniper rifle if you have it.  I think the default version does Solar damage. 

It fucking melted Bracus Zahn when I spammed HS's yesterday.  I did 9999 damage with every headshot and we killed him before the second Solar Cell run.

48 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well I was doing it for that step in the Sleeper Stimulant quest line

Okay, now I am the one who is dumb.  You couldn't use Hard Light because the IKELOS Hand Cannon had to be your equipped Energy Weapon.

I had some spare mod components handy, so I just had Banshee-44 craft a Legendary solar elemental mod for my IKELOS Hand Cannon and then spammed Heroic Strikes. 

I ran as a Gunslinger and used Crimson as my Kinetic Weapon, the IKELOS HC (Solar) as my Energy Weapon, and the Frigid Jackal SR (Solar) as my Power Weapon.

Yeah - I was going to say I only realized later on in the day about ACs - I think a lot of us are still figuring out all the quirks of the DLC still

All things considered - I really only struggled struggled on one of them. I was dropped in right as the two other guys where about to battle Valus Thuun. I was think "Sweet - this will be quick!". A hour later we finally beat him.

Blackout is such a motherfucker of a modifier. Plus the solar damage is unkind in close quarters against a fucking flinging flames. 

Plus one of the dudes meant really fucking well but on more than one occasion, he we die when he was the only person alive trying to revive folks instead of waiting out the timer. We cleared the strike the first mission after he left.

During my first HC yesterday, I got stuck with a Titan and a Warlock from the same clan.  The Warlock had zero clutch and died every five minutes.

Why?  Because we pulled Tree of Probabilites and all of the Vex have Solar weapons and this dipshit must've just gotten his Crown of Storms because he refused to switch out of Stormcaller and he also had zero Solar weapons. 

Goblins and Hobgoblins would melt the Warlock every time he was dumb and fought out in the open.  He also had no MW gear (he must've just gotten his Mars gear after turning in tokens or something), so he had no DR when he used Stormcall and he'd constantly die while in mid-super.

We wiped to the Root Mind seven times straight.  I actually had to switch from Gunslinger to Nightstalker so that I had Invis handy to save these two assholes.. 

The Titan ran as a Sunbreaker, but he also refused to embrace the bullet stopping power of hard cover.  The Vex's Solar weapons would evaporate his Barrier in seconds.

Eventually we beat the Root Mind, but I must've thrown a million Vanish Bombs and I finished the Strike with twenty seven revives to my name.

So yeah.  Latent Memories.

There are 45 in total.  I have unlocked the 14 located in the Glacial Basin.

They are all tied to a certain element so you can't just destroy them with any old weapon.

You need a Solar weapon to destroy the Orange targets, a Kinetic weapon to destroy the White targets, a Void weapon to destroy the Purple targets, an Arc weapon to destroy the Blue targets, and you need the Valkryie to destroy Red targets.

And guess what?  THE VALKRYIE IS ONLY AVAILABLE DURING PUBLIC EVENTS AND EXTINCTION PROTOCOLS~!

Not only that, but you need to have an Armory Code handy if you want to use the Valkryie during an Extinction Protocol event (ie. You have dispelled the corruption.  Rasputin offers a gift..). 

There are two targets in the GB that required the Valkryie to destroy them and thankfully they are in close proximity to each other.  One is under the bridge and the other is located in a tree not far from the bridge.

You should be able to knock out both of the Red Memory Targets during one WARSAT PE in the Basin if you are fast enough and hog the Valkryie when it spawns.  I recommend using one of the YouTube vids to scout them out so that you know exactly where to go.

I hated to be that guy last night, but I waited for the WARSAT PE to hit and then I zerg rushed the Javelin twice to throw spears at the Red Memory Targets and then I hurled the rest at the Hive enemies so that the other players wouldn't get too mad at me. 

Thankfully, I was fast enough so that I didn't have to wait for another PE or spawn an EP to get another chance.

I'm going to track down the LMs in the other zones first and save BrayTech for last since that zone is out in the open and most likely some of the LMs near Ana will require the Valkrye to unlock them.

Yeah - I hadn't bothered to even figure out what those things are yet.

All I saw was the 1/45 marker on my map.

Due to the storms last night - I didn't get on long. I got about 3 Sleeper Nodes and that was it.

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Oh, and I am 9 of 15 on Sleeper Modules for the SS quest.  Can't wait to see what buffoonery this mission will have me doing next.

The next step is the last step. It is just doing Will of the Thousands but with IKELOS equipped this time

Last night's chicanery did make the Lore Hound in me happy.

If you did yesterday's Daily Challenges and went to loot the Lost Sector in the Hallas Basin / Glacier Basin,

Spoiler

You would've found the wreckage of Prince Uldren's Reef Slipfighter! 

I was glad that I did the DCs on Mars first before looking at the YouTube cheat video for the LM's first, otherwise it would've spoiled the discovery.

So we've got in-game confirmation of the Grimoire lore that Uldren is still alive and is doing his best to hide the fact that he survived the Battle of Saturn against Oryx's invasion fleet.

I found that the very first time I looted the Lost Sector so it technically wasn't special because of the Daily Challenges

That being said - when I found it, I did think of how happy it would make you

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I found that the very first time I looted the Lost Sector so it technically wasn't special because of the Daily Challenges

That being said - when I found it, I did think of how happy it would make you

Finding that only made me happy that,

Spoiler

he's alive so that I can kill him myself one day.

I still owe him for the knife to the neck thing during the Black Garden story.

There are two Latent Memory targets near and around the wreckage of his ship.  The cheat videos will show you exactly where they are.  Shooting one of them will be a challenge without a good scout rifle with a decent zoom.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The next step is the last step. It is just doing Will of the Thousands but with IKELOS equipped this time

You probably don't even need to fire a single shot from it in order to get credit.  It will just occupy an Energy Weapon slot.

You could probably get away with equipping it just as your fireteam engages Xol, but I am far too paranoid not to have the IKELOS HC equipped the entire time.

YouTube content creators never fail to send me into bouts of unbridled rage.

I just got an e-mail from the admin from the Ishtar Collective website warning me that if I don't want the Latent Memories information spoiled, I had better put any location cheat videos I have in my browser bookmarks and avoid YouTube like the plague until after I have completed the meta-task.

I'm sure I'd hate myself right now if I went to see what my Recommended Videos are for today.  Fucking algorithms.