DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I logged in for the first time in forever after waiting for a patch to install and for my Playstation to tell me that it had a system update on Thursday. (My gaming has been very minimal).

Anyways, this was like logging into a foreign entity after not playing. I still haven't finished the Curse of Osiris Campaign stuff and my poor Guardian was only at level 22 and 238 light.

I played the "Tree of Probabilities" mission which was actually fairly long for a Destiny mission (I think it took me a little over a half hour to run through.) I'm also happy there wasn't any wipe zones on this one because the boss fight at the end definitely wrecked me, and there are a couple of areas where enemies attack from all sides.

That got me to 243 and level 23. I'll probably knock out the other story missions tonight which should get me to 25, and then I hope some poor sap will be willing to help me grind this character up to a decent level so I can maybe attempt Leviathan before the Season 3 update hits.

A lot of D2 players HATE the Tree strike because it is long.

Personally, I LOVE it because it is long. 

It feels like old school D1 Devil's Lair when you were actually worried about your fireteam wiping out during the Fallen Walker sub-boss fight.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

It feels like old school D1 Devil's Lair when you were actually worried about your fireteam wiping out during the Fallen Walker sub-boss fight.

I also play shooters slower than the average person. I'm average at best at them. I always have been. It's why I never got into the COD PVP craze because it's just a lot of me getting frustrated with deaths.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

I like it and the other Osiris strike fine. What annoys me is dealing with players who feel the need to rush ahead like morons. Shockingly they always die horribly at some point.

I had just done enough PEs this morning to go unlock the mission to go and get my final Titan sub-class but alas, work called and internet, the mortgage, gas, and food don't pay for themselves. 

I'll be knocking out that Zavala's Lieutenant achievement real soon.

I'm off all day tomorrow, Rippa, if you are "working from home" and need a partner for the IB.

Oh my dreams of playing anything are pretty much gone until the new DLC drops.

We are in the final month of classes so it is crazy time at work and I am out of my apartment all next week due to renovations (which we are still packing for). Maybe - MAYBE - I can get my hands on my kid's Switch. Otherwise it is gonna be a lot of Gardenscapes for me

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh my dreams of playing anything are pretty much gone until the new DLC drops.

We are in the final month of classes so it is crazy time at work and I am out of my apartment all next week due to renovations (which we are still packing for). Maybe - MAYBE - I can get my hands on my kid's Switch. Otherwise it is gonna be a lot of Gardenscapes for me.

That sucks.  The only reason I'm off tomorrow is because my dad will come home from occupational therapy and my mom needs help settling him in.

That plan was complicated yesterday when my mom messed around and fell while at the supermarket and managed to break her thumb and her nose.

I did yardwork for the majority of the afternoon yesterday after getting to the 'rent's from the office and then turned around and spent another five hours in the ER.

I feel pretty good for working on only three hours sleep.  I'll collapse when I get to my crib this evening after the gallons of coffee I plan to drink today wear off.

I did play through Hijacked and The Garden World last night. The Garden World definitely had some gorgeous level design along with what could be a challenging boss fight if that's the boss fight on the strike just amped up. I should finish the campaign tonight or in the morning, and then I'll probably find a way to grind some. I'd love to get some meaningful end game stuff and maybe started on an alt character before Warmind hits.

My Titan is up to Level 25 / LL 320-ish, so mission accomplished there. Zavala's Lieutenant achievement is unlocked.

If no one from the DARPA crew is around to run IB this afternoon, I'm going to fire up a Warlock.

I was soooooo inconsistent yesterday in IB matches.  I either did really well or I totally sucked.  I started off pretty hot and  completed all of yesterday's IB PvP challenges in one match including the Defeat 5 Players In One Life thing.

Then I commenced to be shit in like two matches straight.

After I swapped out the tainted emblem, I got a 21 Murder match and then sucked in the next two even though my team won one of those contests.  I may have to bring in more emblems and change them more frequently to keep the curse at bay.

My overall PvP efficiency rating is 1.39 (up from 1.34 a couple days ago), so that made me feel a little better.  I also had enough tokens to get the slug thrower that Saladin is pimping this week.  That thing melts, so I am going to keep it and Masterwork it.

Speaking of emblems, I ran the Nightfall with my Titan, so that's one more major Milestone out of the way.  The Nightfall emblem for Arms Dealer is pretty awesome. 

That Nightfall started off rough for my Titan as your Fireteam is up against a whole platoon of Incinerators with Void Shields.  Not exactly the ideal situation if Sweet Business is your bread and butter weapon.  Once we got to the boss battle, I melted adds fairly easily with my trusty chaingun..

We beat the Destroy A Thresher In The Boss Battle Challenge by accident because we murdered everything in sight in order to pad our scores so shooting down the Thresher made sense from a score standpoint as well as a kill the fucking adds before they kill us standpoint.. 

I thought for sure that we didn't meet the Die Less Than Three Times challenge, but somehow it was marked complete.  I guess we died fewer times than I thought we did.

I think I will start on my Warlock this afternoon and then roll with the DARPA crew tonight if they are going to attempt to handjam IB matches to reach the 30 IB match participation goal for Season 2..  I think I am about 60% complete.

I realized last night that even if I end up back at my place this week - I won't be able to game since I had to disconnect my XBOX from the internet for the renovation.

So yeah - I am out till the new DLC as I am starting Breath of the Wild in the next 24 hours.

Suck it Bungie

Finished the IB fairly strong.  Had more slightly more losses than wins, but I put in my work. 

My Career PvP efficiency jumped from 1.39 to 1.45 over the course of 8 or so matches and I got a Crucible Masterwork Orimund's Anvil as my reward for completing the Season 2 Milestone. 

At the end of the night, I bought Crimil's Dagger with my tokens and then got messed around and got The Steady Hand as a faction gift from an engram when I turned my remaining tokens to get them out of my inventory.  Once I have decided which IB HC I will keep, I will infuse the other into my Nature Of the Beast HC Energy Weapon.

I was pleased that once again I completed all of the challenges for the Daily IB Milestone in one match. 

I got easy headshot scout rifle Double Kills on Endless Vale when dudes would camp B to defend the zone from frontal assaults and not pay attention to flankers coming from C, and at one point I was flirting with an Unyielding medal for a 10 kill streak before I got shut down at 8 murders.  

I got a Field Scout medal during that spree along with the Ruthless medal (5 kill streak and two Double Kill medals)... 

Nameless Midnight + Foetracer = Love.

I finally found the artifact to unlock Voidwalker and I am done with all of the story missions on Titan.  I think I have one more adventure to go before I move on to Nessus.  I'll probably fiddle around on Titan doing PEs this afternoon until I get the Voidwalker mission on Earth.

I also totally forgot that Xur had the Foetracer for sale this week.  If you like Hunter gameplay and didn't buy this wonderful Exotic helmet, you only have yourself to blame.

He also sold the Peacekeepers, but I don't know too many Titans who use SMGs extensively with Riskrunner being the only possible exception. 

Nearly all of the Titans I ran across in the IB were either sporting Pulse Rifles or Auto Rifles.

I have no idea what he sold for Warlocks.  So far, I am trying to figure out how much of a cooldown reduction I am actually getting from the Eye of Another World.

So Escalation Protocol looks pretty fun.  Nice mix of Prison of Elders and Court of Oryx.  And hopefully because it appears to be in a large open area, it won't be as difficult to matchmake with groups as the Court and Archon's Forge could be.

My Warlock is Level 20 now and I've still got about 20% more progress to make before I am able to do the Stormcaller mission and unlock the last sub-class.

I'll knock that out tonight and push to finish the story with my third toon so the only achievements I will have left will be the ones related to the raid.

I'd forgotten how effectively Stormcallers melt adds.   Three achievements left to go.

The fixes to Warlock Glide are so awesome that I'd forgotten that Voidwalkers can still use Blink.

Blink is pretty shitty for covering distance in PvE or even getting to higher ground.  It's probably still somewhat useful in PvP against iron sight aimers though.

I knocked out the Flashpoint and Ikora's Challenge yesterday with my Hunter main and then went back and did the same thing with my Titan this morning.  I'll get in some more Warlock gameplay after work and hopefully finish up the Red War storyline.

After that, I'll move on to the Osiris stuff with my Titan and follow suit with my Warlock.

Hopefully some of the DARPA crew will be on this week so that I can get them to carry my Titan through Shaxx's Call to Arms.  Competitive PvP has gotten serious now that they've disabled the Tracker during the match.

I used the Vigilance Wing yesterday when I was in the EDZ with my Hunter.  It's okay I guess, but the Fireteam perk seems to be aimed more at Strikes and Raids when you are more likely to team wipe and need to survive long enough for someone's revive time to expire.

It's probably bullet hosey enough for Crucible play, but I can't say I'm a fan of the Exotic perk in that situation as I would have to die in order to heal an ally and the whole point of PvP is to kill and not die.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah, I marked huge for Ana Bray..

Lore nerds are quick to point out that she's not wearing the Strength of the Pack cloak yet, so the events shown the trailer probably happen during the Cabal invasion of Mars.  Ana must be the one that got Rasputin to nuke the Exclusion Zone which gave the staff at Clovis-Bray time to evacuate.

We might know for sure if she hadn't wiped that data module in the Warmind Vault on Io.

Yeah, my Hunter investigates EVERYTHING~!

In Warlock news, I ditched my Eye Of Another World helmet for the Ophidian Aspect gauntlets (I got an EE from a chest after completing a Heroic PE) and am packing the Vigilance Wing and my Hunter's old Uriel's Gift.  My Hunter main is using Null Calamity 0 as his Energy Weapon..

In a slight breach of etiquette, my Warlock is packing the Eternity's Edge sword that I got from an engram during my Titan playthrough, so the one he will get from beating Ghaul will probably get shredded. 

I got the High Minded Complex chest and leg armor and the Be Thy Cipher Warlock Bond to drop for me while running the EDZ challenges , so now my Warlock has some Egyptian themed warrior monk look going on.

It would be a badass look if he did not have a shit Rare helmet.   I need to get a Legendary helmet that does not suck to drop for me. 

With my luck I will get that fucking Lost Pacific helmet from Sloane and I will resemble a cross between a Jesuit priest and the Spider-Man villain, Mysterio.

I passed the Patrols milestone with my Warlock and knocked out the EDZ challenges with all of my toons so that the Warlock could pass Ikora's Challenge milestone use all of the tokens to curry favor with Devrim Kay. 

Everything Devrim rewarded me with infused into my Warlock's current gear.  Now I have to make a Glimmer run and then push ahead with the next Red War story mission.

It's funny the things you find yourself pining over in this game.. 

I really miss the scout rifle skin for Visions of Confluence.  It was one of my favorite weapons.

I got a Philomath Cover from an Engram yesterday and put a Vex Precursor Chrome shader on it. 

It looks like the White Power Ranger's helmet now but at least it's a Legendary and it is not as ugly as most Warlock helmets.  I need to get better shaders for his jumpship, though.

I'll miss most of Reset tomorrow because I'm going to my daughter's soccer game and I'm taking my mom to the movies to see A Quiet Place on Wednesday to get her out of the house.

Depending on what the DC is today, I'll probably skip it and get my Titan through the Curse of Osiris story missions and then put my Warlock through the paces on Tuesday when I get home from the game. 

Depending on how I feel after the movies on Wednesday, I might not tackle the Flashpoint until Thursday. I am an episode behind on The Expanse and I want to get caught up before the next one drops on Wednesday night..

Warmind should drop a week from today, so I have finally found the motivation to get my Titan and Warlock through Curse of Osiris.  I got some stuff from Legendary Engrams to get my Titan up to LL 333 and my Warlock up to LL 332, but I was sorta hoping to get a few weapons to pass on to my Hunter main.

I really want a Manannan SR4 Scout Rifle (Energy Weapon) as the compliment for my Crucible MW Orimund's Anvil for PvP.  The Tone Patrol I have is okay, but Dragonfly (enemies killed with precision kills explode) is more of a PvE thing.  The Explosive Payload perk from the Manannan is better suited for Crucible play.

So far on the Legendary Scout Rifle front, I have gotten three Call To Serves in a row while running my toons through Curse of Osiris.  So much for that patch that fixed engram reward item duplication.

I finally finished the Osiris campaign and am sitting at around 252 light. It just depends on my week to see if I can increase my light before Warmind.

I did check out Xur for the first time and noticed that he was only spitting out in the 260 range, so I guess he too is tied to your level to a point, so I'll probably wait until I'm in the 300s before buying anything off of him.

17 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I did check out Xur for the first time and noticed that he was only spitting out in the 260 range, so I guess he too is tied to your level to a point, so I'll probably wait until I'm in the 300s before buying anything off of him.

Go ahead and buy from Xur if he is selling what you need and you can spare the Legendary Shards, and then use the infusion system, Masterworking, and Mods to boost the LL of your favorite gear.

Be careful because you can burn a lot of Glimmer getting a toon up to snuff.

All done with Curse of Osiris and ran the Big Fucking Shrieker Nightfall Strike with my Warlock last night.   Then I finished up the Flashpoint with my Hunter and then went back and did the Flashpoint with my Warlock.  My poor Titan got no yesterday.

I'd like to get both my Titan and my Warlock up to 335 before next week, but I've got lots to do this weekend so that might not happen.  I'm not even sure how much I will be able to participate in the IB this week.  My dad's got two days of occupational therapy coming up and my mom wants all hands on deck.

My weekend will be full of yard work at my crib now that the weather is getting better.

I ditched the Philomath Cover for a High Minded Complex helmet.  It is a weird helmet, but it meshes better with my Warlock's odd look.  Now I need to start getting serious about modding and masterworking gear for my alt toons.

I'm really tired of getting a Call To Serve scout rifle with nearly every third or fourth Legendary engram.