DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

BTW - one thing we didn't mention yet is that Bungie confirmed that Destiny 2 will have "seasons"

The will explain more at TwitchCon later this month

One would assume (based on how other games due seasons) is that this is when they would introduced new gameplay

Have inched my way past 280 (With my best gear I am at 283)

Finally got around to doing the stuff to get Midi Multi Tool (Which dropped for me at 293 - maybe that is what it drops for everyone but I am not complaining)

Completed the raid last night and just got Titan subclasses trophy and Prestige Nightfall/Raid trophy to go before I Platinum Destiny 2.

The raid was decent -- but it's sorta annoying that it seems to be a hub rather than a raid. You basically could join someone who has done all the work, do the last battle, and you'll get the trophy (like I did). Although it took several hours to complete the final battle.

And Grow Fat From Strength.

Lord Saladin is back today with the first Iron Banner of Destiny 2 and this time he's commentating the matches himself! And he sounds kind of depressed.

Like much of Destiny 2, the rewards are tokens to be turned into gear from ranking up Saladin as a vendor. 20 tokens gets you a rank. There's also a reward for ranking up 10 times in season 1. No word on what that is. Looks like it's 5 tokens for a win, 2 for a loss. 3 daily challenges, 2 tokens for each challenge and 15 more for doing all 3. Today's are fairly simple, finish a game with a positive ratio, get a 5 kill streak, capture 5 control points. And you can do these on each character so it's fairly easy to grab yourself over 63 tokens a day without a huge amount of grinding. Unless the challenges for the rest of the week turn out to be horrendously hard. Unlike previous Iron Banners, all of the gear is available, should RNG bless you. I don't know if there's a rank cap for Saladin like there was for the Faction Rally so it could well be possible to get all of the gear with enough playing, and luck.

I played 7 games across 3 characters completing the challenges, only won 1 match and still walked away with 80 tokens. Took just over an hour so hitting rank 10 for the season reward doesn't sound too hard.

And don't forget, as per last weeks Bungie weekly update, the true endgame is friendship! So solo playing will be punished, you will be put up against coordinated teams of absolute killers.

My only issue with the Crucible challenges is that they are always for the subclass that I am not playing as.

Like the Titan ones are always void.

Booo.....

And yeah - I really need to start up my secondary characters just for things like this

305 on my Warlock! Hawthorne dropped me the missing piece of the puzzle and gave me a 300 bond which i infused into my modded Dead Orbit one to finally hit max light. Seems once you hit max light Saladins rewards drop at 300 un-modded. He gave me a sidearm and grenade launcher. The two worse weapon types in the game. But still, might have to grind a bunch of ranks with him over the weekend for infusion fodder.

In other news, the prestige raid has been delayed until next week. Someone discovered a glitch in the final boss fight on normal mode that despawns all the enemies in the room. I guess Bungie tested it and it works on prestige as well.

Hit level 270 with my Titan mid-afternoon yesterday and the slow grind has officially begun.  

it may be time to start up with another character, because I don't know if I have the patience to grind for hours on end just to raise my level one or two points a week.  But at the same time, it'll be hilarious trying to actually play as something other than a Titan.  

Its not THAT bad - at least while you are in the 270s. As long as you are doing Flashpoint, etc...

I think 280 is really where is starts to get slow

Like I just hit 284 about 30 minutes ago - and that was because the Clan Engram I got from Hawthorne gave me a 284 Mark

I think that is the first point I gained in like 4 days.

I am also hoping Iron Banner will bump me up a little too.

21 hours ago, Basara said:

305 on my Warlock! Hawthorne dropped me the missing piece of the puzzle and gave me a 300 bond which i infused into my modded Dead Orbit one to finally hit max light. Seems once you hit max light Saladins rewards drop at 300 un-modded. He gave me a sidearm and grenade launcher. The two worse weapon types in the game. But still, might have to grind a bunch of ranks with him over the weekend for infusion fodder.

In other news, the prestige raid has been delayed until next week. Someone discovered a glitch in the final boss fight on normal mode that despawns all the enemies in the room. I guess Bungie tested it and it works on prestige as well.

In general, grenade launchers aren't great, but Play of the Game is a top tier PvP power weapon.  High velocity and proximity detonation.  Closest we're getting to the old Grenades and Horeseshoes perk on RLs.

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am also hoping Iron Banner will bump me up a little too.

I've gotten through 3 levels of Iron Banner rewards and between that and the engrams I've gotten, I basically have every weapon/armor slot filled with 264/265 legendary stuff along with a couple Exotics pushing me higher.  From what I can tell, pretty much I'm going to keep getting that from everything other than Flashpoints/Nightfalls and possibly getting lucky with the occasional drop. 

I'm hoping the later level Iron Banner season rewards will be better, because while I do love that sweet samurai armor - it's coming at a stagnant level.  

I'm at 300 for my Warlock.

Iron Banner has turned The Crucible into even more of a campfest. "Let's camp near a corner THE ENTIRE MATCH." I keep waiting for Lord Saladin to shout "Grow a fuckin' pair of balls and act like a Guardian, not like you gotta take a crap!"

Bungie really needs to do something about The Crucible with the next patch. Most matches I'm above 1.50 in efficiency, but just the overall quality of play leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe having burning if you stand still longer than 5 seconds.

20 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

I'm at 300 for my Warlock.

Iron Banner has turned The Crucible into even more of a campfest. "Let's camp near a corner THE ENTIRE MATCH." I keep waiting for Lord Saladin to shout "Grow a fuckin' pair of balls and act like a Guardian, not like you gotta take a crap!"

Bungie really needs to do something about The Crucible with the next patch. Most matches I'm above 1.50 in efficiency, but just the overall quality of play leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe having burning if you stand still longer than 5 seconds.

Do you think dropping down to 4 v 4 has hurt it? There was a beautiful chaos to the 6 v 6 stuff.

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Do you think dropping down to 4 v 4 has hurt it? There was a beautiful chaos to the 6 v 6 stuff.

Yes, it has. You would have people standing there and camping with a sniper rifle and ability spamming in Destiny 1 but they (quickly) learned that they would die.

With this, 4 vs. 4 have fewer players and more chances to have matches slow down to a crawl.

So after my Bannering on Tuesday i didn't get chance to get back on till Saturday thanks to an abscess deciding to pop the fuck up out of nowhere in my mouth and having to get that shit sorted, i do not recommend getting one! But enough sob stories. I grinded (ground?) the hell out of the Iron Banner over the weekend and unloaded 26 packages worth of tokens on Mr. Saladin. I got everything but the pulse rifle on my Warlock. While i'd have liked the pulse since it's my weapon of choice for the crucible i'm happy with the armour since it apparently has terrible drop rates. I got the helm in the final package i opened. I look like a goddamn space samurai! Might try my luck tonight and see if i can the pulse rifle but it doesn't matter if not. Gotta have something to chance next time around right?

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I really really like the look of the Titan IB chest piece (I am spacing on the name)

I just need it to be at a higher level - so that will be my priority to infuse

Yeah i really like the look of the Iron Banner armour. It's always some of the best looking in the game when they release it. I just wish the drop rates were a little better. I'd like them to make the IB closer to what it used to be though. Power enabled and guaranteed items available to buy so you don't have to rely on RNG for everything. Maybe charge tokens and shards to purchase set items from Saladin. It' a shame nothing drops post game either. It's basically regular crucible with different tokens at this point. Doesn't feel like it's special and since the light level of the gear is the same as regular legendaries it's not even end game anymore.

It's weird how Destiny 2 is balanced. They've gone out of their way to make max light more accessible to casual players but at the same time, taken it away from end game content. There isn't even any end game content that needs max light this time around. It's like they cant decided who they want to aim the game at.

That is the worst one. With the reduced amount of players per team, and the higher time to kill it's damn hard to get doubles and triples now. The only class i find it somewhat easier on is the Titan. Rushing B right at the start and tossing in both pulse grenades is the most consistent way I've gotten double kills. Otherwise, it's like you say, you've just got to camp a zone late game and nuke some people with a super.

While most have come via supers - the grenade trick works surprisingly well. I feel like people are stupider this time around.

I also did it once by killing two dudes with one shotgun blast. That made me happy.

I actually ended up getting all three today by just spraying entire teams capturing one zone with an auto rifle.

I worry that one day these idiots are going to realize having multiple people in the zone doesn't increase capture time like Destiny 1 did and there go half my kills.  

I'm at level 7 rewards at this point, and am a fool enough to think I can get the 60 more tokens needed to get to level 10.  I'm sure I'll finish just short and be furious.