DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Just solo cleared Sanctum of Bones LLS.  It's Cabal so bring your Unstoppable / AB load out.  The Champions are spaced out enough that you shouldn't miss one, but one Unstoppable is in the last room with the boss so you'll have to coax him out and chain stun him to death if you're doing it solo.

I'll be back online after 8PM EDT when Creature From the Black Lagoon is done.  Still have some daily bounties to get done including the Rasputin weapon bounties for the Hand Cannon and the LMG.

The Ordeal Nightfall is Broodqueen.  There aren't enough adds to get you 100K @ the 970 LL level, so you'll have to find a fireteam to do it at 1K LL. 

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, J.T. said:

Just solo cleared Sanctum of Bones LLS.  It's Cabal so bring your Unstoppable / AB load out.  The Champions are spaced out enough that you shouldn't miss one, but one Unstoppable is in the last room with the boss so you'll have to coax him out and chain stun him to death if you're doing it solo.

Only issue I had was with that first Barrier Colossus. For some reason that fucker kept healing super fast.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Only issue I had was with that first Barrier Colossus. For some reason that fucker kept healing super fast.

Yeah, I had a similar issue with the Barrier Hobgoblin in my Shrine of Ulan-Tan clear about an hour ago.

Found some good British homies on LFG and got my 100K Ordeal Nightfall, Master Nightmare Hunt, and Pit of Heresy PG clears in one shot.  Primes are dropping at 1006 now.

• Like 1

I just ran into an amusing glitch.

Did a Tower clear on Io and the Heavy Frame at the end of it wouldn't exploded. So after the event completes it is just running around glowing red looking for things to shoot.

It gets better as 5 minutes later, someone fires up the event again and the damn Heavy Frame just spent the entire killing people.

Finally vanished after the end of the event.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I just ran into an amusing glitch.

Did a Tower clear on Io and the Heavy Frame at the end of it wouldn't exploded. So after the event completes it is just running around glowing red looking for things to shoot.

It gets better as 5 minutes later, someone fires up the event again and the damn Heavy Frame just spent the entire killing people.

Finally vanished after the end of the event.

The glitch for the immortal Heavy Frame has actually been there a bit. I'm surprised they haven't already fixed that one.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And fuck off Newt

Okay, who is Newt?

I will probably turn to alcoholism before I get another Massacre medal in Gambit Prime.  Fallen? Check.  Riskrunner? Check.  Murdered lots of Fallen but still could not manage a Massacre medal.  At least my team got the win.

Edited by J.T.

I got the immortal Heavy Frame after heading to Io this time around. The poor guy was just running around with nothing better to do so I turned on the Tower event and fought for a while. First time failed, but the second time was a success as several people finally came to join in.

• Haha 1

I just noticed that I missed a Champion somewhere, so I'll have to run tomorrow's LLS twice for this bounty.  Once for the clear and the Triumph and a second time to kill at least one more Champion.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Okay, who is Newt

Newt errors

I get to play about 20 minutes and then get the error which just locks up the entire game

Apparently newt and watercress errors are happening a lot since the last patch

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Newt errors

I get to play about 20 minutes and then get the error which just locks up the entire game

Apparently newt and watercress errors are happening a lot since the last patch

Ah, yeah.  I keep running into that error as well especially if I am accessing my Vault in the Tower.

Rasputin's 1970's dot-map isn't just for show.  Ever since the Zavala cutscene on Tuesday, it's now tracking the movements of the two Pyramid ships that have entered the solar system. 

Rumor is that the more satellites we construct in the Seraph towers events, the more we'll get to see on the map; including the trajectory path of the Almighty.

All of that is unconfirmed, though.

Edited by J.T.

I always get hit when I try to do a Strike or Crucible match.

I am a little irritated that Bungie hasn't even acknowledged there is an issue (I did a bunch of searching yesterday to see if this was just a me problem)

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I always get hit when I try to do a Strike or Crucible match.

I am a little irritated that Bungie hasn't even acknowledged there is an issue (I did a bunch of searching yesterday to see if this was just a me problem)

I have experience a lot of issues with the Tower lately from system freezes to getting kicked like once every ten minutes.

I also have issues with regularly getting booted before some Gambit Prime matches.  Doesn't happen with Crucible or Strike; only with Gambit Prime.

The game runs mostly fine for me though I have been booted from the Tower right as arrive 2-3 times the past week or two. I tend to be one of the ones that suffer more because the game keeps booting other people and leaves me a man or two down in strikes and crucible.

Edited by Eivion

Well they finally acknowledged that is only affecting XBOX players.

Apparently - when people stop playing the game, the connection for XBOX isn't ending so basically the servers are getting a "too many players" error

And they don't know how to fix it right now.

So the solution - I am not kidding you is - play it on a different system because cross save still works!

But a lot of fat good that does me

Aphix Conduit LLS can eat all of the goat dicks.  Extra Shields / Match Game modifiers for the Minos and Harpies was total bullshit.

Managed to solo it somehow and get the Triumph, but only murdered one Champion on my second run for the bounty.  Did not go for the extra clear.

One more Triumph to go for the Almighty seal.  I assume it will be for completing the weapon quest for the Exotic LMG later on this season.

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well they finally acknowledged that is only affecting XBOX players.

Apparently - when people stop playing the game, the connection for XBOX isn't ending so basically the servers are getting a "too many players" error

And they don't know how to fix it right now.

So the solution - I am not kidding you is - play it on a different system because cross save still works!

But a lot of fat good that does me

That is the worst endorsement of a game feature that I have ever heard.  I call sabotage and Sony is the culprit.

Since I hate Cross Save, my opinion is that Cross Save is somehow responsible for the orphaned sessions.

Edited by J.T.

They might have been able to get a stealth fix in last night because the game was stable for me. Plus, they had tweeted about having to take the website and companion apps off line yesterday and folks speculated that was the reason (since many are assuming that somehow the server is counting all the connections to the apps and stuff as "users" and spiking the player count)

Anyway - the game was stable for me last night and it must have known my frustration because it immediately gave me my 4th Horseman catalyst AND a great group of randos to do IO tower clears and so I cleared that weekly.

Crucible was a little dicey but not for me - one match had me on a side of a constant 5 whether the other side was constantly bouncing between 3 - 5 players.

I haven't played any Gambit Prime or Crucible since Tuesday when players were constantly being dropped from session.  I managed to stay connected and it was 50/50 on either getting stuck or the short man team at the start of the match or not getting any help if somebody quit out or got booted.

I'll probably play some Gambit Prime today to test the connection after I get done with this Skillport class and report in to my boss.

Game was pretty stable for me, but I didn't play any PvP modes.  I stuck to Strikes, dungeons (mostly PoH), and Heroic Story Missions to clear my Warmind bounties.  Still saving up bits for Rasputin weapon bounties, cache chests, and to keep my PDS activated for the whole week after a bunker clear.

Edited by J.T.

I am very happy that Vostok is back in the rotation. We need more long range and wide area maps like Vostok and Fragment to balance the current auto-rifle meta.

I was in a Control match on Vostok last week.  I got an Unyielding metal while in the act of counter-sniping assholes with my Full Auto / Explosive Payload Vouchsafe, but then I got flanked by some tryhard that I had smoked earlier while counter-sniping.  He came all the way across the map just to kill me.  I was flattered.

The thing is that he wouldn't have been able to do that if my asshole teammates had been content to hold down A and C and did not push to cap B.  

Dummies.  

At least it was a win and I finished with a 9.5 ER, but I may have had a shot at getting another 20 streak Gold medal if someone had been watching my back. 

When I had team coverage, the enemy players had no answer for my scout rifle work.  That's what happens when you depend on Hard Light.  It doesn't have the accuracy to get kills from long range like a scout rifle or a bow and you only get so many sniper rifle rounds if you went heavy with Stat mods and didn't put on a Scavenger or Reserves mod.

Edited by J.T.