DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

RE: The Bright Engrams

It is Bungie getting out in front of any possible loot box legislation

Yeah, loot boxes are suddenly in the same category as vaping.  It's dumb because we're legislating parenting again since we've forgotten how to say no to our kids.

If you don't want your kid to raid your bank account to pay for the latest Fortnite finery, put a fucking block on your payment info so that you are the one who authorizes everything.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Most of the loot box complaints are coming from adult gamers who aren't getting what they want

But the legislation addresses the targeting of underage kids apparently because their parents don't take the precautions to limit or block their children from purchasing loot boxes with reckless abandon.

I'm not terribly sympathetic to the adults because the easiest way to avoid that grief is not to buy any Bright Engrams from Eververse.  Tess will sell things at the prices that people are willing to pay them.  Adult gamers then go to the Bungie board and moan about how expensive things are and caveat the experience with, "Well, I just bought the new Hunter animation and.."

If you have an issue with how much cosmetics cost, WHY IN THE FUCK DID YOU BUY ONE~??

As much as I'd love to add the Flash Kick to my finisher repository, I ain't buying 800 in Silver to get it.  However, I needed the Blade Wipe emote more than oxygen, so I did what I had to do when it was on discount and go figure that it was on sale for Bright Dust last week.

No regrets though.  The shit looks awesome especially after I have put some fool down with my new Goldtusk roll.

Kid SixXx cleans his blade.

Edited by J.T.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Like Rippa said, if this upcoming season is Trials centric, I'll be taking a vacation from the game for a bit.  

Yeah  after next month my Destiny 2 playtime will be a lot smaller since Wastelanders for FO76 and the FFVII Remake will both be out in April. I'll try to keep up with any non-Trials seasonal stuff, but I imagine I will have some trouble pulling away from the other games for too long.

11 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Yeah  after next month my Destiny 2 playtime will be a lot smaller since Wastelanders for FO76 and the FFVII Remake will both be out in April. I'll try to keep up with any non-Trials seasonal stuff, but I imagine I will have some trouble pulling away from the other games for too long.

I'm waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 in September.  Part of me wishes it were still on it's April trajectory, but that game needs to come out when it's ready and not before.

Well, it's occurred to me that Trophy Hunter could somehow avoid the worst of the Sniper Rifle nerf since Dawn weapons come with the Vorpal Weapon perk which may provide some relief from the worst of the -20% penalty to Majors and above..... and it would be very Bungie of Bungie to lock the perk next season.

I'd better seeing what rolls CammyCakes and Azteccross may be looking into.

EDIT:  Aha.  Most of the guys on the Reddits are trying to convert Trophy Hunter into a PvE Whisper lite and going with Tactical Mag / Triple Tap / Vorpal Weapon / Boss Spec.

Time to gather my fractalines and get rollin'.

Edited by J.T.

Against better judgment I played some Mayhem yesterday and actually had a good run despite the barely even ER and eating a super every five seconds. 

My teams went 4-0, I made a bit of progress on that dumb Mountaintop GL Kill triumph since Heavy ammo was on the ground everywhere and I was smart enough to bring The Colony with me, and I scraped together 25 Void ability murders.

Knowing me, I'll suffer through Mayhem again when it returns to the Rotator playlist so I can drive myself crazy trying to cobble 25 Arc ability kills together.

After that, it will be all about making orbs and getting wins so getting the Mayhem gametype triumph is actually looking doable since I'll be running Blade Barrage exclusively after I'm done with Arc kills.

Gonna try to get in some Gambit Prime tonight since the weekend looks busy for me.  My adopted sister's biological sister is coming to visit tomorrow so it will be all hand and then I'm rolling to the UFC fight in Norfolk.  I'll be back on Sunday morning to take my kid to Galaxycon and then I'll tinker on whatever I need to do before Tuesday like Glory matches or something.

Edited by J.T.

I burned 4K fractalines and nada on that god roll Trophy Hunter.  I'll try again next week when I get my yield from the obelisks.

I got a monster roll on a Line In The Sand, though.  I'm thinking about keeping it, but I really should clear shit out of my vault instead of hording rolls that I may or may not use.

I need to run Shattered Throne sometime for eggs and bones and to get rid of this cursed RD 2.0 Armor I've been keeping for the boss triumph.

Edited by J.T.

59 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I need to run Shattered Throne sometime for eggs and bones and to get rid of this cursed RD 2.0 Armor I've been keeping for the boss triumph.

Take 5 minutes to help me complete this quest step and then I can run the throne with you and get my WishEnder at the same time

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Take 5 minutes to help me complete this quest step and then I can run the throne with you and get my WishEnder at the same time

Sounds good.  The weekend is kinda booked for me so I probably won't get to this until Sunday evening unless you're on tonight, and even then gameplay will be limited since custody weekend Fridays is Pizza & Movie Night. 

And hey, this new TWAB is full of nerfs just like the last one, only most these are ability nerfs.

• No more auto-targeting for the Weighted Throwing Knife.  Not sure why they singled this out as a PvP offender since barely anyone runs bottom tree Gunslinger in the Crucible.  The orb generating trait of bottom tree GG is better suited for PvE, not PvP.  Bungu just ruined my endless throwing knives when I'm in Strikes or playing Gambit.
  • Bungo buffed Titan barriers..... and then buffed the damage to just about every weapon in the game vs. Titan barriers.   How retarded.
  • Handheld Supernova got reigned in a bit but then they fucking buffed Nova Warp damage resistance.  Just when Nova Warp became a super you could challenge without using your own super, here comes a damage resistance buff.  Way to show your Warlock bias, Bungo.
  • Warlock melee has been extended an extra meter because their melee animation generation is the slowest..... but powered Warlock melees are OHKs so now they can OHK you from further back.  Again, more Warlock bias.
  • Triipmine Grenades are sticky again so the Unicorn Bomb is back.  This is the only news that made me happy.
Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

The Warlock stuff is annoying and unsurprising. There has been a weird bias there for years now though so I'm not shocked. Shoulder charge being nerfed a bit does not feel like bs to me. Both Warlocks and Titans have fairly overpowered melee. I have probably been killed by Hunter melee abilities less than a dozen times compared the dozens of times I've died to Titan and Warlock melee abilities. Since I don't play the classes I'm not really sure where they need real improvements on, but I suspect much of the stuff they do for them as far buffs go really should have only been applied in PvE content.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This sounds stupid but I’m really proud of myself for using the Fourth Wish and getting myself a piece of raid gear

Congrats. I'd love to do the same. I really want to go through a raid just once or twice to get some of the raid gear. I don't even think I can do the wish cheap for one so you will get no judgments from me.

It was shockingly easy. So much so I might do it every week

Like the reason I hadn’t tried it before was because I thought “oh there is no way I can do the platforming”

The longest part was actually entering the wish on the wall.

It just stinks you can only do one wish a week

I’m at the point where I would rather play Survival matches with players dropping out than get paired with fuckers like the dude who popped his Golden Gun and missed every single shot.

Lets see how many more matches in a row I can lose

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I’m at the point where I would rather play Survival matches with players dropping out than get paired with fuckers like the dude who popped his Golden Gun and missed every single shot.

In his defense, Hunters are the only class that has a Super that requires us to hit headshots and that's a tall ask in small teams if you're against a smart group of players.   That's why Spectral Blades or Blade Barrage is the way to go in Survival if you're a Hunter.  Middle tree Arcstrider is okay if your Mobility is through the roof but if you don't catch teams flat footed, they'll just evade and try to outlast your timer.

Most likely they will succeed.

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Lets see how many more matches in a row I can lose

I went 2-1 on Sunday before going to see The Invisible Man.  First match was a loss, then I got carried through the second match even though I did manage to score the winning knockouts in final round, and then I carried my team in the third match.

I plan on playing a lot of Survival this coming weekend to gnaw through the general HC kills part of Luna's before the new season starts so that I can get the Solar kills and Rumble matches out of the way.  By the time I get to the Precision shots part next season, I should already be Fabled.

Then I'll have to get serious about going Legend, I guess, and take a shot downfield at the Not Forgotten.  That is, unless Luna's Howl / Not Forgotten is on the Weapon Retirement list.  If that happens I will seriously consider just quitting D2 altogether.

Edited by J.T.

Even better - after my post, I had another match where ANOTHER Hunter fucked up Golden Gun

But even worse was the match where we on Bannerfall - tied 3-3. Match goes to OT. Dude on my team goes to the OT spot... and then somehow walks off the back of the map

The only thing that kept my sanity is that I finally got a win to end the skid and I only need 10 more head shots for Luna

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

But even worse was the match where we on Bannerfall - tied 3-3. Match goes to OT. Dude on my team goes to the OT spot... and then somehow walks off the back of the map

I rarely have good matches on Bannerfall in a Survival match but the match on Sunday where I carried my team was on Bannerfall.  I was shocked by how well I played.

The tiebreaker flag should be moved because it is either in reach of Heavy Ammo that you can use to defend, or it is in eyeshot of Heavy Ammo where you can use it as bait to kill guys trying to load up and push the tiebreaker flag.

Tiebreakers on that match always favor the team that gets to the flag first.

Edited by J.T.

29 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Tiebreakers on that match always favor the team that gets to the flag first.

I won my team two different rounds on Bannerfall by just getting to the spot first and chillin.

It is weird how the match making works - I think I get maps in duos. Like it would always be - Bannerfall for 2 straight matches, then Wormhaven for 2 straight matches, then Rusted Lands for 2 straight matches, etc...

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I won my team two different rounds on Bannerfall by just getting to the spot first and chillin.

It is weird how the match making works - I think I get maps in duos. Like it would always be - Bannerfall for 2 straight matches, then Wormhaven for 2 straight matches, then Rusted Lands for 2 straight matches, etc...

My matches on Sunday were on Widow's Court, Javelin-4, and Bannerfall.  No do overs.

Edited by J.T.