DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I guess

I just feel like in the last week I have run into a million of them

But it could be that everyone has finally stopped using linear fusion rifles

Nope.  I've been getting hit with Fusions all over the place during the IB this week.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Empyrion Foundation is currently at Stage 6 with close to seven billion with a B fractalines donated.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

TWAB has previews of coming attractions and most of them are nerfs.

• There will be a new Grandmaster difficulty for Ordeal Nightfalls and probably other PvE content.
  • Izanagi's Burden will receive a nerf.  Outlaw perk will be replaced by No Distractions and Reload Speed will not buff the reload animation for Honed Edge.
  • The Icebreaker rule is now in effect since we're all about trivializing encounters by killing shit before it can engage us.  The buffs to Sniper Rifles in PvE that were put in place in Shadowkeep will now be removed.  
  • Grenade Launchers will also be nerfed.  All Aggressive Frame GLs will be converted to Rapid Fire frames and their damage has been reduced to account for the RoF.  GL damage in general to Major level enemies and above will be reduced by 10%.  Good bye Swarm of the Raven strat in Crown of Sorrow and Prospector cheese in Last Wish.
  • LoW will receive yet another nerf.  Release the Wolves perk has received an accuracy nerf to make it more of a close quarters weapon.  Prior to the nerf, RtW allowed LoW to have the same damage output at a longer range as the default setting.  They are calling this a fix, but I am not sure.
  • Tons of adjustments for Last Word just in time for my Luna's Howl struggle.  Hip Fire damage will be buffed and ADS damage will be slightly nerfed to encourage Fan Firing, but precision shots will have a larger damage modifier than body shot damage.  This feels like something of a nerf, but Last Word precision damage from Hip Fire in D1 was insane so this may be a good thing if it gets the gun out of the hands of bullet spammers and rewards players who take the time to become skill proficient..  I won't know whether I like the changes or not until I shoot someone and hopefully I'll have a Luna's soon anyway.
  • Shotgun target acquisition will be altered so that there is more freedom of aim, but ADS no longer adjusts effective range.  On paper, it's a fix for the random pellet spread issues that One Two Punch shotty users absolutely hate, but shotgun apes worldwide are probably setting tires on fire in the streets right now because aim assist is going bye bye.  RIP Mindbenders.
  • Similar adjustments are being made to Fusion Rifles, thank God.  Range is being nerfed along with zoom.  RIP Erentil FR4.  I will not miss being cross map OHKed by that fucking thing.
  • Auto Rifles will be receive damage buffs depending on the frame to allow them to be more competitive with pulse rifles and scouts in PvE and PvP.  The era of the Hard Light meta has returned and Titans and Warlocks with Monte Carlos will be all over the place.

I haven't even done a Master Nightfall Ordeal yet. Why will there be a Grandmaster?

Why is Izanagi's Burden getting a nerf? Its a generally reasonable weapon from what I have seen using it.

Any nerf to shotguns and fusion rifles gets a thumbs up in my book though I'm mostly just bitter at the skilled users of them in Crucible. That and the range for both really does feel ridiculous at times.

Yeah for auto-rifle buffs. Wonder if that means they will still be one of the weapons attached to the artifact next season..

11 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Why is Izanagi's Burden getting a nerf? Its a generally reasonable weapon from what I have seen using it.

From Bungie

Izanagi’s Burden
Since the removal of auto-reload effects from Rally Barricade and Lunafaction Boots, as well as the introduction of a catalyst for Izanagi’s Burden, it’s seen a significant uptick in use. Izanagi’s Burden solidified itself within the majority of endgame builds due to its excellent burst damage, sustained damage, ammo economy due to Special ammo, and safety due to being a Sniper Rifle. The Outlaw trait was swapped out for No Distractions to be more in-line with the fantasy of the weapon and to ensure the trait on the weapon would still work with Honed Edge.

• The animation speed of Honed Edge is no longer affected by the reload stat
    • Outlaw has been replaced with No Distractions

Combined with

Sniper Rifles
We gave Sniper Rifles an increase in PvE damage back in Shadowkeep. We’re removing that change for a few reasons. Sniper Rifles have a lot of utility and safety due to their range and the increased damage was giving them too much of a leg-up on their closer range counterparts. That gulf only widens as the difficulty of any given encounter goes up. The direct changes to Adaptive and Rapid-Fire Snipers were to make the differences in the sub-archetypes more impactful again as well as to give some amount of parity with the adjustments to Shotguns and Fusion Rifles.

• Damage to Major enemies and above have been reduced to pre Shadowkeep values (~-20%).
    • Adaptive Snipers precision multiplier has been reduced from 3.25x to 2.95x.
    • Rapid-Fire Snipers base impact has been reduced from 100 damage to 90 damage.

The bold part is mine. This is why most of the meta was basically that you HAD to use Izanagi in any high level activity.

Basically - they had to reign in Recluse because it was so much better than anything else. Izanagi was 2nd on that list

Yeah I gotta call bullshit on that. I haven't seen snipers widely used outside of PvP. Izanagi's Burden has been used noticeably less than when it originally came around. The catalyst is locked to the heroic version of an activity most don't do so there are plenty who don't have it, including myself..

Yes but when all the high end content providers are talking about how they are tired of having to use Izanagi in the high level activities - Bungie is going to do something about that.

It is the usual Catch 22 of the High End players complaining that they HAVE to use a load out because of the meta and everyone else upset that "only the high end players have the best weapons" or the "I don't have time to raid 10 hours a day like those guys"

• Like 2

I was thinking the same thing. Not saying they should ignore high end players, but they should weigh upon what they say against what the normal people say a little more before taking action. 

Edited by Eivion

The REAL problem with the Burden isn't even the DPS.  It's (as Rippa mentioned) the fact that it can be readied so quickly.  

With Divinity as a damage multiplier, two Izinagi snipers can one phase a 980 Ordeal Nightfall boss if they both hit their headshots and that is trivializing encounters.

Izi is not doing the damage by itself though.  Divinity is also part of the problem, but there probably won't be a Trace Rifle nerf coming to reel it in anytime soon.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

There's also the issue of the Hard Light which has ZERO damage falloff.  It will easily become king of the auto-rifles after the update.

When I see Hard Light used in Crucible it does not end well for the Hard Light player. It feels like the current artifact systems keeps non-anti barrier/overload/unstoppable exotics from being the king of anything in PvE.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

When I see Hard Light used in Crucible it does not end well for the Hard Light player.

Yeah, my Broadsword owns most auto-rifle users in the Crucible, especially Hard Light guys, so maybe that's why the buffs are coming so that autos can find their niche in PvE and PvP?

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

It feels like the current artifact systems keeps non-anti barrier/overload/unstoppable exotics from being the king of anything in PvE.

Yes and no, I think.  I have to give Bungie credit for a creative use of Match Game in high end encounters to force players to tinker their load-outs.   This season, the majority of Unstoppable mod weapons tend to be Arc or Solar which kinda screws you over if no one has Void barrier breaking capability. 

You have to talk with your fireteam and strike a solid balance between Champion stopping power and barrier breaking ability when it comes to stuff like Legendary Sundial, Nightmare Hunts, and Ordeal Nightfalls. 

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Messed around in the IB a bit over the weekend and also got a 3 match win streak in Glory (43% done with vanilla HC kills for Luna) which probably made up for my disastrous Gambit Prime run of 3-5.  

Sooooo many people doing stupid things.  Passive people not clearing the bank.  Assholes not saving me heavy for invasions. AFKs and Bots on my team.  The list goes on and on.

At least I got in the last of my LFR kills and put nine dudes in the ground with Bastion to kick off the Shotty / Fusion Rifle part of the Triumphant Invader deal.  It took me ages to rack up Sniper / LFR kills as an Invader, but I am murdering dudes with Bastion left and right. 

I am also like ten drained motes out from closing that criteria, too.  I may make Reckoner before I turn ninety seven.

I also did some running around in Tier 2 Reckoning and finally got a curated Night Watch roll (Overload / Explosive Payload).  Better late than never.  I'd be an idiot if I sharded that roll, so I'm definitely keeping it and making sure it stays upgraded even though Patron and Black Scorpion are my go-to purple scout rifle these days.

I'll probably try to get in a few more Colony kills in the IB before I tap out to watch RAW or hit up HBO Go to watch The Outsider.  If IB is a pain in the ass, I'll go back to T2 Reckoning to see if I can farm a good Spare Rations roll.

I've handed over 25K Fractials to the Empyrian Foundation now and I've only gotten two Timestop weapon rolls (Perfect Paradox and Line In the Sand) that were even remotely worth keeping while autocompleting the bounties via my donations.  RNG does not want me to have an optimal Pyrclastic Flow or Martyr's Retribution roll.  We're at Stage 6 now so reinvesting in obelisks is kinda pointless, so I'll just keep donating my yield to the EF while shooting for more Timestop weapon rolls and hope we hit the goal soon.

Edited by J.T.

I stopped being lazy and finally advanced the Xenophage quest to where I have to go into the Pit. 

I spent far too long watching Pit runs on Youtube. Mainly to beat the first encounter so I can go get the Dead Ghost. I know I will never be able to go Xenophage solo.

Played a bunch of Survival - and might be exactly in the same spot on Fable I as I started. Did get a bunch of kills for Luna (I am over 60% of the way there)

Also decided to grind out some Altar waves since I needed to clean up some Triumphs. Discovered the Altar is also an awesome way to get the Sweet Business catalyst done

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I stopped being lazy and finally advanced the Xenophage quest to where I have to go into the Pit. 

I spent far too long watching Pit runs on Youtube. Mainly to beat the first encounter so I can go get the Dead Ghost. I know I will never be able to go Xenophage solo.

The orb to unlock the door to the Xeno encounter and the Dead Ghost are pretty much on the same path.  It will be hard to solo because the Ogre will definitely camp you if you're headed to unlock the Xenophage door.

You'll also need to platform along the Wall of Doors to unlock the path to the Xenophage key orb.  It's on the upper left side of the wall and it's the only one with no Hive sigil above the threshold.

It would be wise to get at least one Sherpa; preferably a Bottom Tree Nightstaker that can invis the fireteam with Vanish In Smoke,

Also the dungeon is not as extensive as Shattered Throne if you have a decent guide.  If you're going to go through the trouble of getting Xeno, you may as well go for a complete dungeon clear.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Also decided to grind out some Altar waves since I needed to clean up some Triumphs. Discovered the Altar is also an awesome way to get the Sweet Business catalyst done

Altar of Sorrow is the best way to get just about any catalyst done that doesn't require dumb shit like a Crucible run or killing specific bosses.  I got the Cerberus +1 catalyst done there in no time flat.

Edited by J.T.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I also went and killed the wandering Nightmare under the Scarlet Keep.

Now I just have to wait like 3 fucking weeks for the Fallen Council to return

Once I got above 980 LL, I was able to solo the Ogre and the Fallen wandering Nightmares.   

The Council is a pain in the ass even at 980+.  You'll probably need some help.

Edited by J.T.

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The orb to unlock the door and the Dead Ghost are pretty much on the same path.  It will be hard to solo because the Ogre will definitely camp you if you're headed to unlock the Xenophage door.

You'll also need to platform along the Wall of Doors to gain access to the Xenophage key orb.  It's on the upper left side of the wall and it's the only one with no Hive sigil above the threshold.

Oh I know - there are a couple of slightly cheesy ways to get past the Ogre to open the Xenophage door but you can't really hang around.

My point was more - there is no way I think I can solo the enemies and the dunking of balls in the actual Xenophage room

The whole reason I started trying to figure out how to solo the first encounter was to get the Dead Ghost

Just now, J.T. said:

Once I got above 980 LL, I was able to solo the Ogre and the Fallen wandering Nightmares.   

The Council is a pain in the ass even at 980+.  You'll probably need some help.

Yeah - I am 979/980 (depending on gear) and I wiped out the Dude under the Keep in no problem.

I figured the Council would be the worst and of course they were up last week - so I gotta just sit here and wait before I get that shell

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh I know - there are a couple of slightly cheesy ways to get past the Ogre to open the Xenophage door but you can't really hang around.

My point was more - there is no way I think I can solo the enemies and the dunking of balls in the actual Xenophage room

The whole reason I started trying to figure out how to solo the first encounter was to get the Dead Ghost

Yeah, the entrance orb is literally a straight run once you get down to the Ogre maze.  When you drop, face left and start hauling ass.  

The Dead Ghost is literally on the same vector.  I'd recommend running to get the Ghost first and then doubling back to get the Xenophage encounter orb.

And the Xenophage fight definitely requires some coordination.  Much easier with a fireteam with a Bottom Tree Nightstalker.   Vanish In Smoke is the best cheese for the Ogre Maze.

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I am 979/980 (depending on gear) and I wiped out the Dude under the Keep in no problem.

I figured the Council would be the worst and of course they were up last week - so I gotta just sit here and wait before I get that shell

I melted the Scarlet Keep Ogre with The Colony.  it wasn't even fair.

The Fallen Council does cowardly Fallen shit to avoid a straight up fight, so they can be trouble if you're not keeping your targeting on point.

Since autos are getting a buff, I may as well see if I can get a good Gnawing Hunger roll while I am trying to farm Spare Rations.

Edited by J.T.

Cammycakes's in-depth analysis on weapons affected by the update hitting at the beginning of next season.

The Erentil segment will definitely open your eyes as to how broken that weapon actually is.

Edited by J.T.

Oh and @RIPPA

When you are running Pit of Heresy, don't forget to use your Hymns of Desecration before opening the chest right before you drop down to the Ogre Maze and right before the Boss encounter.

I have like 12 in my inventory and I only do Pit when I remember about it, so I'll probably never use all of these consumables that have been piling up.

Edited by J.T.

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah those things are just taking up space in my inventory right now

Every season I put an Everything Should Be Discard Enabled thread in the Bungie Feedback forum that receives zero attention.

There should be no consumable that you can't get rid of.

I played a few IB matches and tried to farm T2 but tapped out early because RNG hated me.  I got two Breath of the Dragons in a row in the IB and three Lonesomes in a row in T2.

They weren't even rolls worth keeping.

It's Bonus Infamy week.  I'm all done with seasonal Gambit triumphs so I probably won't play any matches until the weekend.   It'll be my usual Pinnacle Gear hunts, upgrade runs, and Glory match play.  I equipped my Legendary Sundial gear before hitting the sack, so I'm ready to rock it after I eat dinner.

God outside a few Ordeal runs to finish off this quest - I don't know how much I play this week.

Hopefully it will be a strike I actually like.

Of course now that I have said it will probably fucking be A Garden World

This one girl I help out on the rare occasions that she plays hates her Ghost shell, so I'm hoping that Insight Terminus is a Vanilla Nightfall this week so that I can try to farm a Trichromatica for her.  She's barely 900 LL so I can't drag her though Hero+ Ordeal Nightfalls.

Other than that, once I'm done with Pinnacles, there's not much reason for me to grind too hard this week especially if I score on a good Spare Rations roll in normal Gambit Prime play.

So, given the changes to autos in the sandbox next season, I think I will be chasing Solar kills in Glory matches with a Hard Light with the Solar setting rather than a Polaris Lance for my next phase of the Luna's Howl hunt.

Edited by J.T.