DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I now have one of my own Patron scout rifles with Full Auto / Explosive Payload and it is a total beast.

I logged in this morning to access the EDZ Obelisk and it still took me two FT trips to get access to it.  They need to fix this shit like yesterday.

I've gotten two Avalanche drops from turning in my baked treats and both have had Hip Fire Grip.  Dawning RNG still hates me.

The teased Iron Banner Bow has been delayed until Season 10

So irritating that I have to finish the Saint 14 quest first before doing Dawning shit since the 2nd quest step features baking an item for Saint 14

Did get my Buzzard last night so one item off the checklist

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So irritating that I have to finish the Saint 14 quest first before doing Dawning shit since the 2nd quest step features baking an item for Saint 14

I thought you knew that already because I made a joke about it on Tuesday.

Osiris:  Even if you receive the proper temporal coordinates from the Vex transponders and activate the Sundial, you still may not find the correct instance that will give you an opportunity to save Saint-XIV. He may be lost forever.

Me:  He'll be fine.  It says right here that I need to make him some Lavender Stripe Cookies so I can get my Sparrow up and running.

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Did get my Buzzard last night so one item off the checklist

I finished up the Buzzard last Sunday.  I'm closing in on LFR headshots for the Komodo (91 out of 125), so all that will be left will be a bit of Glory grinding and I can get to Heroic Glory almost in my sleep.

I played some Gambit Prime last night and my teams played like dick for the most part. 

I finished 1-3 but it's Triple Infamy week so the one win got me up to Heroic Infamy.  Now I need to get to Fabled Infamy for the S9 Gambit emblem and if I just remember to keep killing things with my shotty, I'll eventually get the Python.

I need about 200K more points to reach a million points for the Vanguard emblem.  I also need a bunch more Solar weapon kills, so I'll keep doing Ordeal Nightfalls and smoking dudes with the Oxygen.

Edited by J.T.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I knew it was a quest step in the Dawning I just didn't know it was the 2nd fucking quest.

I also haven't touched the Crucible in forever. I am starting to twitch

Apparently Shaxx REALLY wants everyone to play Elimination this week.   All of the vendor bounties randomize after every daily reset except for his. 

They're always Five Kinetic Weapon Kills, Five Assists, One Grenade Kills, Generate Three Orbs of Light, and Get Five Kills In Elimination.

I like how the bounties have been dumbed down now.  If I'm on a roll, I can clear all four of the general PvP bounties in as little as one match, but it usually takes at least two or three matches..

Edited by J.T.

Heck even his bonus ones are the same

Like it is always Hunter Slayer, Warlock Slayer and then either Solar or Void kills

I just realized that if I dont bring my XBOX with me, I wont start IBing until Friday

Of course - I am also off for 3 straight weeks starting tomorrow so if I need to go ham in the IB I can

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Of course - I am also off for 3 straight weeks starting tomorrow so if I need to go ham in the IB I can

My plan was to use the IB to zerg my Komodo quest, but I may be done with the shooting part by Monday so I may actually be able to focus on the Armor quest with a load-out I actually prefer to use.

Almost forgot.  I may have been on the best team of randos I've ever run with last night.  Fucking Sundial is almost too easy when you are with people who aren't just wandering around like idiots or sandbagging the encounter.

We pulled Datamine and Bombardment for our Sundial shit and everyone seemed to know what they were doing. It was almost surreal.  It was hard to believe that none of us were on dedicated fireteams and we weren't on the Fireteam Channel, yet we were ridiculously coordinated.

During Datamine, two players followed my lead and covered the three players capturing the first plate and then when the two plate scenario came up, we split into two teams of three and one player capped while the other two covered down.  We nuked the bosses in record time because (duh!) we all had supers thanks to the folks who dropped Rally Banners ahead of time.

It was fucking great.

During Bombardment we split into two teams.  Three players killed the special centurions from long range with scout rifles and sniper rifles while the other three players grabbed the blaster thingies that the special centurions drop when you kill them and lobbed the bombs at the shielded boss in the middle of the map . 

When it was time for the boss damage phase, only two players used their supers at a time so that we always had supers ready for the next bosses.  It was odd how we knew when to take our turn and once again, Rally Banners made the difference.

The Psion Flayer boss for this week's rotation went over like a feather.  His Arc AOE can be a pain in the ass, but I was cowardly enough to avoid the worst of it.  I felt bad for being stingy with my Rally Banners during the first two encounters, so I dropped one for the final boss fight and everyone having a super made the fight far less problematic.

I managed to stay alive through the whole thing so I got the triumphs for completing Sundial without dying and also for completing Sundial with time left on the clock.

Edited by J.T.

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Reset falls on Christmas Eve and Orange 45 was kind enough to sign an Executive Order to give us the day off on the 24th.

It's the least he can do for working the DoD sim training community like field slaves the whole year.  He may claim to be cutting down on the number of training exercises in Korea to save a buck, but that is live fire shit. 

There are more military folks banging on keyboards during battle sim war games than ever.

Doesn't matter to me.  That's more money in my pocket for the holidays.

And the TWAB comes to punch me in the stomach, but at least it is news best learned a head of time.

The Green With Envy quest is (SURPRISED~!) bugged!  You have to reach Mythic Infamy to complete the quest, not Fabled and it will not always register kill progress.

Heart of the Dragon also has a similar bug...… which I have already encountered...  Grrrrrrr…..

So yeah.  Take advantage of Triple Infamy this weekend.  I am going to play a shit ton of Gambit Prime on Sunday after I take my kid back home to my ex's crib.  I only have to earn like two more Locksmith medals while wearing Sentry armor before I get my Gambit Prime Sentry emblem.  

Better late than never, I guess.

Edited by J.T.

I need to get a good roll on a Martyr's Retribution so I can run the super douchebag load out of my god roll Patron / Martyr's / Black Talon for the IB.

I'm thinking Auto Loading Holster / Demolitionist with a Quick Access Sling mod sounds sweaty enough.

I will use it with my Crucible armor and StOmp-E5s boots with the Traction mod.

I imagine it will only take me one or two matches to get reported.

Edited by J.T.

Mostly just finished up various daily bounties for Vanguard, Crucible and Dawning. I done with the LFR kills part for the Komodo and now just need to get to heroic for glory. I would say that would be easy, but I've had some terrible luck in Crucible in general the past week. Hopefully now that I'm done using the Arbalest things pick up for me a bit. 

On 12/19/2019 at 7:05 AM, J.T. said:

The big fight in the first phase of the Impossible Task mission was fucking crazy in a good way, but I think it might've been better (and a bit shorter) with a full fireteam.   The entire battle takes place out in the open and the only cover you really have is Saint-XiV's bubble, but it has the Blindness effect because (duh!) his helmet.  

You're surrounded by Fallen and there is a really tanky Walker and Servitor constantly pounding your position.  The mechanic is obvious: destroy the Servitor first to drop the shield protecting the Walker Tank and then blast the Tank itself.  The problem is that when I say that the yellow bars are tanky, I mean TANKY, so you are constantly having to dip in and out of Saint-XIV's bubble for protection AND the Weapons of Light buff that will give you extra damage against all enemies.

Take Arc energy weapons along to break the barriers on the Captains.  If you're a Hunter, run Blade Barrage so that you can damage the Servitor and the Tank without having to get too close and I'd probably run Sunbreaker if I were a Titan for the same reason.   I'd also recommend using Truth as your power weapon so that you can lock on to an enemy, fire, and get back in

Totally forgot to warn you about that one. I did it the night before. Its definitely a mission designed for a fireteam. I probably died 8 times at least. Ended up doing most of my Servitor damage via exotic heavy bow whose name escape me at the moment. I busted out Symmetry for the captains and general long range kills. Wish I had known about the mission beforehand. I would have kept Arc Logic on me had I known.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The teased Iron Banner Bow has been delayed until Season 10

That kind of pisses me off since bows might end up useless depending whatever next season's artifact mods push for.

EDIT: I really need to catch up on the story missions because Saint-14 has finally arrived in the Tower for those at that point.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

I finished up Impossible Task Part 2 just in time for Saint-XIV to take up residence in the Tower.  IMMERSION SAVED~!

Since I am a nerd, I ran his quests in what seemed like chronological order from the show me how to be a Guardian today thing to getting the Tower Resonator linked to the other obelisks..  My network is now online.  Everything is up to Rank 5 except for the Nessus obelisk which is Rank 6.  I need to remember to spam XIV's daily bounties so that I can get everything up to 10 very soon.

I also spammed Ordeal Nightmares until I finished up the Vanguard cosmetic and unlocked the Tactician emblem.   That was a lot of PvE for one weekend.

I've still got the Gambit emblem / Ritual Weapon Quest left as well as the one for the Crucible, but I'm close to knocking both of those out of the frame really soon.  I've got my Infamy up to Mythic thanks to the Bonus Weekend, so all I need to do for the Python is keep indulging in shotgun murder and the emblem is just Gambit grinding for multikills.

I ran a Heroic Menagerie last night with some randos.  No sword drop, but I am now one armor piece short of having a dedicated set of Menagerie / Leviathan armor for the blue moon chance that I run Crown of Sorrow or make another Goldtusk run.

Edited by J.T.

I uploaded the Return of Saint-XIV cutscene to the Activity Feed.  As a Hunter-main, I cannot use the Kellbreaker finisher in good faith.

Killing things with a headbutt is now the solid and honored purview of my Titan brothers.

Speaking of Titan brothers, I can always count on Shaxx for good things.  I finally unlocked the Traction mod thanks to him and now during the Dawning, his Gift for a Gift yesterday afternoon in exchange for my baked treats was an Avalanche with Under Pressure / Rampage. 

The Edgewise is now a Vault trophy because the Avalanche is the Solar MG that really fucking melts and more importantly, I have finally beaten the Bad Avalanche Roll Curse.

Now if I can only get a good Cold Front roll before the Dawning is out.  

After seeing a vid from my homie of his team one phasing Hashladun in the Scarlet Keep strike, I know see why so many Ordeal Nightfall assholes are demanding people bring Divinity or a Masterwork Izanagi to the fight this week.

Edited by J.T.

On 12/20/2019 at 3:28 PM, Eivion said:

Totally forgot to warn you about that one. I did it the night before. Its definitely a mission designed for a fireteam. I probably died 8 times at least. Ended up doing most of my Servitor damage via exotic heavy bow whose name escape me at the moment. I busted out Symmetry for the captains and general long range kills. Wish I had known about the mission beforehand. I would have kept Arc Logic on me had I known.

The fight wasn't that hard, just very time consuming given the spawn time for adds.  I think I only died twice and thank God there was no Darkness stip limiting respawns.

I ran Arcstrider and had my Loaded Question, so I had Arc Barrier breaking and Captain killing covered.  My Steelfeather Repeater has Ambitious Assassin / Multikill Clip, so it was able to keep pace with the flood of Dregs and Vandals.

The only problem I had was revering from damage, so I was constantly dipping in and out of Saint's bubble so that I would have enough Damage Buff to deal with the Servitor by using BB and lots of Truth rockets.

Once the Servitor was down, the Walker wasn't much of a problem.  I was just patient enough to build up another BB to destroy it after wiping out a few of it's legs with Truth rockets.

Ah, theww more things I forgot to mention:

1. I am done with rice cakes.  Nope, the bunny I was missing was in the Shrine of Oryx.  The bunnies down in that room in Sanctuary represent the random ones you've found on the Moon.  There are no bunnies in the Sanctuary room that you can offer a Rice Cake.
  2. After lots and lots of Burnt Edge Transits, I finally blundered onto the last recipe I needed to masterwork the oven.  It is a cookie I have to deliver to fucking Riven... Yes... THAT Riven... 

There is a way to solo deliver your confection to the meanest Raid boss in the game bar none.  I still hear horror stories on the board from 950 raiders doing Last Wish.

After you enter Wish 7 into the wall, teleport to the Riven encounter and (duh!) don't engage her.  To the left of where you drop in, there is a snow globe thingie you can interact with to deliver the treat. 

The dude in this video has already done it so you can see the Awoken snowflake hologram.

There is probably a secret triumph for delivering the cookie, so I may have to give it a shot just for the sake of completion.

I've been to the Wishing Wall before with an old clan homie to use Wish 3 to get to the raid zone and open one of the secret raid chests, so I know more or less how to get there on my own.  It will involve platforming so I know I will die at least twice.

If the devs really wanted to be awesome, they'd give you a chance to get the 1K Voices from this mechanic, but that sounds too much like right.  I am sure I will get a shitty blue from this cookie run.

3.  Once your tower obelisk is up, you can do Timestop quests if you want rerolls on the seasonal weapons.

Edited by J.T.
  • Thanks 1

Was wondering how the hell you give a gift to Riven. That is nice to know.

I finished the Saint-14 quests like you did. It was neat story wise though again it was weird doing another fighter clearly designed for a fireteam. Now I need to focus on raising my obelisk ranks and linkign them to the tower via timelost weapons.

Forgetting the name, but I really like the redux sidearm from the Osiris dlc. I got a feeding frenzy/dragonfly roll. It is awesome.

Surprisingly got the Komodo with only one win in Survival. Did not realize I was already so close to heroic since I mostly recall losing the past week. I must have done well in week 1 of the season.

Now only the shotgun is left. I should be ok just focusing on kills. Not sure when I will actually get to it though since I plan to catch up on the Stardom shows I'm behind on today and tomorrow.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Think I'm on the final quest step for this seasons IB's armor. Its one that will either be super easy if you are good and lucky or fairly douchey and annoying. You need 10 rocket launcher kills. Keep in mind they actually decreased the amount of ammo you pick up for rocket launchers.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2019 at 12:17 PM, Eivion said:

Now only the shotgun is left. I should be ok just focusing on kills. Not sure when I will actually get to it though since I plan to catch up on the Stardom shows I'm behind on today and tomorrow.

I finished up the Python grind on the day before Christmas.  All that's left now is the Komodo. 

There is a secret item in the Dawn Collection.  The count says that I'm 20 / 24 Collection items, but the only visible items in my Collection are the Ghost shell, the Devil's Ruin sidearm, and the Komodo.

And yes, just support your Gambit team and keep using a shotgun and eventually you'll get there.  I was just out there doing what Sentries do; blasting Blockers with my LMS.

Was wondering how the hell you give a gift to Riven. That is nice to know.

Yes, I also gave Riven her cookies and there is a secret triumph for doing it.  I forgot the way to the Wishing Wall and nearly started the fight with Kali so I had to cheat with YouTube to find the correct platforming spots.

I panicked a bit when I died, but I forgot that using Wish 7 is an auto-wipe to prevent players from cheesing a flawless encounter without having to do the rest of the raid.

Surprisingly got the Komodo with only one win in Survival. Did not realize I was already so close to heroic since I mostly recall losing the past week. I must have done well in week 1 of the season.

Yeah, I haven't been in any Glory matches yet this season.  I'm done with my IB bounties and finished the armor quest, so at least that's out of the way.

19 hours ago, Eivion said:

Think I'm on the final quest step for this seasons IB's armor. Its one that will either be super easy if you are good and lucky or fairly douchey and annoying. You need 10 rocket launcher kills. Keep in mind they actually decreased the amount of ammo you pick up for rocket launchers.

Yep,  It is a pain in the ass.  It's a mad dash for Heavy, but at least everyone gets distributed ammo this time instead of one guy getting all the ammo.  Or at least that is how it's supposed to work now. 

There were times when one asshole would just roll straight to heavy and pop it before any of us got any ammo.  I've noticed that players on my team would refuse to protect them on purpose in the hope that he'd die and drop his purple so that they would get the ammo. 

Be mindful that players are out there not playing the objective (ie. capture and defend) and are just out for Rocket Launcher kills and it can be really frustrating.

The problem is that if you are using a Rocket Launcher as your Power Weapon, you only get one or two rockets.  I had to make the most out of my shots by using Truth.  It took me five or six matches, but I finally got it done.  There are also a lot of Wardcliffs out there so be careful.

The other weapon steps of the IB armor quest were easier.  I used the RTK for the Scout Rifle part, Lord of Wolves for the shotty (it still melts dudes out of their super even with the range nerf), and MW Crimson for the Hand Cannon part.

I temporarily swapped some armor mods out to make the best of Hand Cannon use and it really helped.  I got like ten Hand Cannon kills in one match alone and nine in the next.

Edited by J.T.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

The other weapon steps of the IB armor quest were easier.  I used the RTK for the Scout Rifle part, Lord of Wolves for the shotty (it still melts dudes out of their super even with the range nerf), and MW Crimson for the Hand Cannon part.

I temporarily swapped some armor mods out to make the best of Hand Cannon use and it really helped.  I got like ten Hand Cannon kills in one match alone and nine in the next.

Shotguns kills came easier than expected though I had to go to a hyper aggressive play style which was annoying since not my usual style for Crucible. Went ahead and knocked out the first step or the Chaperone as well.

HC kills were ridiculously easy. I went with Crimil's Dagger and Luna's Howl. Did not realize how powerful Crimil's Dagger was before. It might end up my goto once I'm done masterworking some of the crucible exotics. I only won a couple of games, but I was usually within the top 2 on my team when using it.

51 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Did they eliminate the part where teammate kills with the same weapon increase your quest step?

That would make it a little more bearable 

They did. All the steps are down to a simple number ranging between 5, 10, 15, 20, & 30.

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - I got Hitman 2.

This game might be dead to me

So am I quitting the clan or are you just dead for now?  I'm not sure if you want to promote me or Eivion to Founder because I'm not sure you'd dig the quality of the recruits when you returned. 

Shotguns kills came easier than expected though I had to go to a hyper aggressive play style which was annoying since not my usual style for Crucible. Went ahead and knocked out the first step or the Chaperone as well.

I am pretty shit with the Chaperone and I am working on the LoW catalyst anyway, so It was mush on for me.

HC kills were ridiculously easy. I went with Crimil's Dagger and Luna's Howl. Did not realize how powerful Crimil's Dagger was before. It might end up my goto once I'm done masterworking some of the crucible exotics. I only won a couple of games, but I was usually within the top 2 on my team when using it..

Crimil's Dagger is a good weapon, but I have a shit ton of hand cannons at my disposal so it was time to see if Crimson had been rebuffed and it has. 

It is not as shitty as it used to be.  It's rather lethal at medium range to be precise, especially if you have on armor mods to buff weapon performance.

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Did they eliminate the part where teammate kills with the same weapon increase your quest step?

That would make it a little more bearable 

What Eivion said.  You have to get the kills yourself, but the numbers are very manageable.  I was done with the entire thing in about one two hour sitting.  Not much longer than the time I spend on a regular night anyway.

The only annoying task was Rocket Launcher kills as you have to compete for Power Spawns with members of your own team as well as the enemy team.  As long as you remember NOT to use the IB weapon they give you to chase the bounty, you should be GTG.

Edited by J.T.

Finished up the Python and IB armor quests last night. The final rocket launcher kill was a lucky one seeing that one of the people i killed activated blade barrage right before I fired. I may have died, but I took two with me.

During one of those IB runs I managed another in the zone moment where I was taking people out left and right before I finally died. The only thing that disappointed me was that it meant the game ended a little early since we got the 125 kills mark. I can never predict when these moments happen, but its always pretty awesome when it does since I survive shit I probably shouldn't via dumb luck (me w/Luna's Howl vs. 3 should not end with my survival and going on to kill 3 more people almost immediately after).

• Like 1